FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I find it kind of strange how people who complain about McCarthy only winning one Super Bowl in Green Bay with Rodgers and Favre and don't like him because of that. Yet, Sean Payton is so beloved around here and only has 1 championship with Drew freakin' Brees. I'm not hating on Payton because I'm a big fan of his, but it's weird to hear the complaints on McCarthy when Payton has pretty much done the same. McCarthy wouldn't be my first choice, but I would be fine with him as a head coach. The guy has had success in this league and you can't deny his resume is really good, regardless if he's had Rodgers.

I'm not sure if it's been said yet before, but thank you. Payton seems to be quite the glimmer in a lot of CZers eye.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m interested in your Stoops comment. Please elaborate.

what's to elaborate when no one seems interested in Stoops ? and that's not just NFL level but surprisingly to me, not even the college ranks.
or is the college ranks a matter of Stoops not wanting to go the NCAA route anymore ?
and if he was a master mind genius as what he was supposed to be at OU, then why he is so in the back woods; his name simply does not
come up at all in any NFL interview rumors,? and he's not tied up by contract per college or NFL.
and maybe someone who followed OU program could explain to me whats the difference between Riley's offense vs Stoop's offense ?

Verdict

Reaction score
I have been hearing “Thank God the Garrett regime is over for a solid week now” and based on what we KNOW so far, it does not appear any closer to being over than it was a week ago.

Verdict

Reaction score
All of the speculation regarding coaching is just that—-speculation by the media. We think we know that the Cowboys have interviewed McCarthy and Lewis. What we don’t know is what position the interviews were for.

lwehlers

Reaction score
what's to elaborate when no one seems interested in Stoops ? and that's not just NFL level but surprisingly to me, not even the college ranks.
or is the college ranks a matter of Stoops not wanting to go the NCAA route anymore ?
and if he was a master mind genius as what he was supposed to be at OU, then why he is so in the back woods; his name simply does not
come up at all in any NFL interview rumors,? and he's not tied up by contract per college or NFL.
and maybe someone who followed OU program could explain to me whats the difference between Riley's offense vs Stoop's offense ?
I really think that if stoops would be serious about coaching again in college he would have a job right now.

smitty313

Reaction score
All of the speculation regarding coaching is just that—-speculation by the media. We think we know that the Cowboys have interviewed McCarthy and Lewis. What we don’t know is what position the interviews were for.
Glazer said Garrett was told we're moving on from you, with as credible as his track record is I believe it

Xeven

Reaction score
I’d like to see a proven coach and not a science experiment.

write Bill Cowher a big check and see what he can do with this talent.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’d like to see a proven coach and not a science experiment.

write Bill Cowher a big check and see what he can do with this talent.
Bruh, there are no less than 25 threads on this exact topic. Seriously.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I put this in a previous thread, but it was immediately buried by an avalanche of posts. I think that it is worth saying again.

As most fans, I've been thinking a fair amount about WHO should be our Head Coach. Here are my thoughts:

- Defensive minded. Focused on toughness and takeaways. To me, this has been our Achilles heel for a L-O-N-G time. Fix this and a lot of problems take care of themselves.
- Demands discipline and accountability. Remove the feeling of entitlement from this team.
- NFL experience. The NFL is a grind unlike College. It chews people up. I want someone that understands what is needed at this level.
- Has a record of winning and/or excellence at the NFL level.
- strong personality and confidence. Honestly, it's the Cowboys. Milquetoast personalities won't work out here very well.
- No ego. Ah, the Jerry factor. It's sad, but also true.
- would be willing to take the Head Coach job after all of the media circus.
- Is available to interview and be hired.
- Not a name that is being floated in other vacancies. Jerry does NOT like to lose and if the guy that he wants is in play elsewhere, he would be moving faster.

Honestly, I really wasn't coming up with much and then it hit me: Gregg Williams.
He ticks all the boxes and worked for Sean Payton, whom Jerry reportedly loves.
Please god no

yimyammer

Reaction score
McCarthy has three things going for him that seem to be "qualifications" jeri looks for in a HC:

1. He's unemployed

2. He's got a whiff of desperation

3. He needs to be rescued from his couch

Come on down!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
this is just an opinion by dieon sanders. just said it on game day prime.

he says mccarthy and lewis is all smoke. he says jerry will most likely try to bring a big fish. a wow move. someone who nobody saw coming.

InTheZone

Reaction score
With Garrett gone Daks time is running out. We'll get a better grasp of where we're going when the draft rolls around. I'm hoping we can pick up a QB and Dak is only here for another 1-2 years tops.

Last edited:

Valkyr

Reaction score
this is just an opinion by dieon sanders. just said it on game day prime.

he says mccarthy and lewis is all smoke. he says jerry will most likely try to bring a big fish. a wow move. someone who nobody saw coming.
Judd Garrett?

Xeven

Reaction score
With Garrett gone Daks time is running out. We'll get a better grasp of where we're going when the draft rolls around. I'm hoping we can pick up a QB and Dak is only hear for another 1-2 years tops.
I think Dak will end up on Patriots to work with Brady and take over his spot the following year.