The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The only problem is if it were Dak who played this bad his fan club would be blaming the defense for giving up 20 points rather than blaming Dak for 5 INT's.

Since it was Lance out there instead, well, we all know who is going to get the entirety of the blame.

But whatever...... it's a meaningless preseason game.
It is far from meaning less. 5 INTs will live in Lance's head. 5 INTs is on film for all the coaches around the league to see.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Good experience for the kid

I still would rather go through a season of him starting over what we’ve had the last 8 years.

Worst comes to worse, we get a top-5 pick to get a real QB finally
That was a bad experience for everyone accept the Chargers.

I think little kids thinking about playing QB changed their mind after watching Trance play today.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Good experience for the kid

I still would rather go through a season of him starting over what we’ve had the last 8 years.

Worst comes to worse, we get a top-5 pick to get a real QB finally
You make too much sense, the instant gratification junkies won't like it. They'd rather watch Dak throw picks and sweat like a pig with a confused look on his face in the playoffs forever than suck it up for a few years and draft a real franchise QB.

As long as he can continue beating garbage teams in October we're all set. What a joke, this fan base is so shortsighted sometimes it's embarrassing.

nobody

Reaction score
Regardless of what people think of Dak, Lance isn't an upgrade at least this season. We need to focus on drafting a real QB as soon as possible.

Nav22

Reaction score
Nah, I don't think a preseason game gave him that. His performance beginning in 2 weeks is when he can start building on leverage. Or taking it away depending on his play.
I didn't say a LOT more leverage, just more.

If Lance balled out today, Dak would've lost leverage. That's how it works.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There’s not many that can do both real well. The ones who run real well don’t throw the ball real well.
you want a QB to be able to make passes from the pocket first and foremost. everythign else is gravy. this running stuff is just that, need a little mobility, like Steve Young or Staubach orMahomes....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s not a lot of good QB’s in the league period.

People want to move on from Dak which is fine. But finding somebody better isn’t going to be easy either.
There’s a number of good QBs but not elite QBs. It’s the most difficult position to play in all football, especially today’s game which is why good QBs are making elite money. The ones that want to move on from Dak seem to think QBs of his caliber grow on trees. There’s one fan that just told me Trey Lance is better than Dak even after the awful performance we saw today by Lance. There’s a lot of dumb fans out there that don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. They want a different QB regardless if they can play or not. There’s fans out there that would start Trey Lance on opening day if they were in charge.