The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lance started good.

Then the play calling become strange. The first pick was on a rollout and it was a poor throw that was short and low but I don’t even know where the ball was supposed to go because the running back was falling down.

The second pick was something that happened on a broken play where he was trying to make a play, stared down the receiver in the end zone throwing to a spot where he thought the receiver would be and just didn’t see the defender sitting in a zone. He forced it and it’s something that he should’ve seen since there were more Chargers players (three) than Cowboys (two).

The third pick was the same kind of thing. He didn’t see a defender but this one is excusable since the defensive lineman fell into coverage in a preseason game which is a rarity.

The fourth pick was partly his fault, partly the receiver's because he was just outmuscled by the defender. The ball could have been thrown lower then then it wouldn’t have happened, but he also threw it on the run due to the rush.

The fifth was the right read and would’ve been a TD if it didn’t slip out of his hand and become a floater. The latter was a from hero to zero play.
Every single Interception he threw in that game, we have seen the same type of int with dak.

This pretending that we have Aaron Rodgers as our starter and some of us want Zach Wilson to play is insanity.

Does anybody remember that int Dak threw in the endzone against the Cardinals last year???

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I said it during the game and I'll say it again. Extend him 2 years, high incentives, low salary, and let him try to win the job. Whether they move on from Dak or not, bring in a high round rookie to compete. Something we should've done years ago.

Before anyone says there's a good chance it won't work...I know...I'm aware. After 8 years, Dak hasn't shown he's worth a record contract to this team. If he fails again, it's time to move on. Maybe Lance is the guy, maybe he isn't, but he has shown a ton of potential and if the game does slow down for him, he will be a superstar. If not, we figure it out.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Ricky Williams had a great anecdote for this.

If you don’t know who he is, he was a Dolphins RB in the 2000’s who was suspended a year for repeated marijuana violations, so he played in the CFL.

When his suspension ended and he came back, he said that players in the CFL can do everything that players in the NFL can do: RBs who can run like Tomlinson, QBs who can throw like Bledsoe, WRs who can run like Chad Johnson. The reason they’re in the CFL? They do not possess the ability to do it CONSISTENTLY.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
The Funny part is laugh all you want, your looking at the QB1 of the Dallas Cowboys for 2025 :flagwave:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Slot receiver, scat back, Wild Cat direct snap - these are what you could do to make use of his running ability, and he could be an emergency 3rd QB without having to worry about carrying more than two active since he would be playing a different position.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Put in your likes, dislikes.
Keep it within the guidelines and do not turn this into a name calling and personal insults thread.
Also do not turn it into a Dak thread.

This is the thread to talk about Trey Lances outing in the last preseason game.

Trey Lance is bad

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I said it during the game and I'll say it again. Extend him 2 years, high incentives, low salary, and let him try to win the job. Whether they move on from Dak or not, bring in a high round rookie to compete. Something we should've done years ago.

Before anyone says there's a good chance it won't work...I know...I'm aware. After 8 years, Dak hasn't shown he's worth a record contract to this team. If he fails again, it's time to move on. Maybe Lance is the guy, maybe he isn't, but he has shown a ton of potential and if the game does slow down for him, he will be a superstar. If not, we figure it out.
Exactly, people acting like Lance making mistakes in preseason is leverage for Dak is hilarious. He's not worth what he's asking for, that's it. Lance's performance doesn't change anything, golden boy still won't be getting his 60M+/yr contract in Dallas.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Every single Interception he threw in that game, we have seen the same type of int with dak.

This pretending that we have Aaron Rodgers as our starter and some of us want Zach Wilson to play is insanity.

Does anybody remember that int Dak threw in the endzone against the Cardinals last year???
You ever seen 5 of them in a game? Lol

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

You’re right. Dak has thrown just as bad interceptions in real games. Even the one like Lance did today that was picked off by a defensive lineman. All QBs have. It’s just a matter of quantity and when that determines the better ones from the worst ones.