The one move that hasn’t paid off this off-season

rambo2

Reaction score
You do realize it takes a full year after ACL surgery to fully recover,we won't see the real Gallup til next year,not saying he will be terrible this year but to pin your hopes on a player after this kind of surgery is not realistic,imo
They have changed the surgery. It isn't like it used to be.

jay94

Reaction score
Yeah Cooper was the reason why we had the #1 offense.:rolleyes: You people are so delusional. When it mattered most Cooper was nowhere to be round.

Dak missed him plenty of times when he was open. Cooper was far from perfect, but he saved this offense when he first came here. Now every catch seems to be jump ballish and theatrics if they even comes down with. Receivers are noticeably so far are getting way less separation, hmm I wonder why that is.

jay94

Reaction score
It was addition by subtraction. He wasn’t a good influence on the young receivers or the locker room. No fire, no passion.

These are professional athletes, you know the motivation it takes to get there? Some random dude that they come in play with for a year or few years, should have little barring on how they approach the game. Just because someone has a different way of doing things, doesn't mean what you infer from his personality.

mldardy

Reaction score
Dak missed him plenty of times when he was open. Cooper was far from perfect, but he saved this offense when he first came here. Now every catch seems to be jump ballish and theatrics if they even comes down with. Receivers are noticeably so far are getting way less separation, hmm I wonder why that is.
OK good for you.

exciter

Reaction score
Getting rid of Collins-awesome

whiffing on Gregory-We are one of the top sacking teams in the nfl

Trading Cooper-single handily the worst decision of this year. Amari Cooper had too much value to get rid of and for what we gave him up for. If the rumors are true that he and Dak had a falling out and we caved in, we are so stupid to do so

all in all, I miss Amari Cooper
Team needed to get rid of some dumb players… Collins was dumb here in Louisiana while at LSU and he’s been nothing but dumb in the pros. Gregory looks to have done Jerry a favor and they covered themselves with Fowler while they develop Williams… no issue with how it’s worked out. Cooper I still don’t get, trade a 1st, resign him to a 100m contract then trade him for a 4th. Jerry is increasingly becoming the Biden of GMs!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Trading Cooper was understandable. While he is a great receiver (or has the talent to be one) he was a no show in too many games and that wasn't all on Dak. Letting him go wasn't the problem. But for what they got in return it probably was the most stupid move of a Cowboys FO ever.

I liked Coop and I didn't have any problem with him calling for more targets. Dak did in fact under utilize him in a few games. Our starting QB just couldn't connect with our #1WR and that is always a bad combo. It wasn't all Dak's fault though, they both couldn't make it work. But especially in games like vs KC or SF you have to be able to rely on that link. We couldn't, so they had to do something. Whether the team will benefit from it remains to be seen.

With that being said, the one truly embarrassing position in this thread is though, that some people here feel entitled to tell others to go follow another team, just because they have different opinions. It's very telling and makes it clear you can't take these clowns seriously anymore. Being butt hurt about someone else's opinions and showing it like this is a three year olds behavior. But it's good to know to not invest any more time arguing with them because this is the answer you'd get in the end by not following their agenda.

So this thread did have some surplus value after all. :)

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
These are professional athletes, you know the motivation it takes to get there? Some random dude that they come in play with for a year or few years, should have little barring on how they approach the game. Just because someone has a different way of doing things, doesn't mean what you infer from his personality.
Well 2 teams got rid of a top 10 NFL WR for a reason.

GINeric

Reaction score
Just another reason to throw trash at Dak

I'll give it to them... they are getting more and more creative by the day with their weak *** Dak hate. Lol.... These guys really are entertaining to me.

GINeric

Reaction score
Biggest whiff? Giving Dak 40 mil a year to do the same job Jacoby Brisset could do.

Yep because Brissett is so good that he couldn't hold on to a BACKUP job with the Colts, Patriots, Dolphins and he's now with the Browns.....

He came into the league the same year Dak did, but one is a starter, the other is a journeyman. Brissett has more team jerseys than a stadium store.... i guess because he's that good, huh...

GINeric

Reaction score
At least for tonight Brisset looking like he is doing a better job than Dak.

Dak played against the Bucs defense.... Brissett played against the Steelers defense WITHOUT TJ Watt....

Which quarterback faced the tougher defense??? Let's see where your football IQ is, because I don't like to assume. Also.... does it matter if the Bucs defense is ranked in the top 3 to 5 opposed to the Steelers ranking MUCH lower..... and do you think Brissett would have looked as good against the Bucs as he did against the Steelers??

plasticman

Reaction score
Okay, I changed my mind.

I would like to have Amari back please.

Either that or the fifth round pick that we got for him, DaRon Bland, needs to have his breakout season starting Monday.

Amari Cooper just had back to back 101 yards, 1TD games. This is with a backup quarterback.

Remember the game that Cooper Rush won last season against the Vikings? Amari Cooper 8REC-122YDS-1TD.

birdwells1

Reaction score
That's fine. Go follow Cooper and the Browns if it bothers you that much.

The Cowboys did what they were forced to do. Losing a few so called fans won't hurt them. Don't need ya. Bye.

Stop with the whole "well go find another team" stuff, that's what you lames throw down when your argument fails. They weren't forced to do anything, you had a 12-5 team but instead of adding to it to compete with the 49ers, Rams and Bucsyou let your number 1 wr go and 2 other wrs that gave you good production.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stop with the whole "well go find another team" stuff, that's what you lames throw down when your argument fails. They weren't forced to do anything, you had a 12-5 team but instead of adding to it to compete with the 49ers, Rams and Bucsyou let your number 1 wr go and 2 other wrs that gave you good production.
Salary cap, bud. Salary cap team management was due.