The only hope I have

Blackrain

Reaction score
The only hope I have left is that my grandson who will be born in early October and raised to be a Cowboys fan will have the opportunity to see the Cowboys win a super bowl like I did.
There is a better than average chance he can outlive the Jones business model and team building of our beloved team.

We here on this board are just cheering for the laundry at this point are way too many Jones's in line to inherit this team that have been mentored in Jerry's business model that has proven after almost 3 decades we will never see another super bowl in our lifetime.

What are your thoughts anybody believe one of The offspring will sell the team at some point and give us a chance not that we'll be alive to see it.

But I do have hope for my grandson I think he has a chance

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The only hope I have left is that my grandson who will be born in early October and raised to be a Cowboys fan will have the opportunity to see the Cowboys win a super bowl like I did.
There is a better than average chance he can outlive the Jones business model and team building of our beloved team.

We here on this board are just cheering for the laundry at this point are way too many Jones's in line to inherit this team that have been mentored in Jerry's business model that has proven after almost 3 decades we will never see another super bowl in our lifetime.

What are your thoughts anybody believe one of The offspring will sell the team at some point and give us a chance not that we'll be alive to see it.

My sons are 4 and 1. If they ever pick up on football, and I hope they will become Cowboys fans, then I'm 100% sure they will see different times.

And I'm not only talking Superbowls. But a whole culture change. Gone will be the days of "staying relevant" but following a strategy to constantly improve the team, open Superbowl windows and consequently go into rebuild mode once these windows are closed. No more "we like our guys" nonsense.

Additionally drafting QBs high and a two way offense should always be the priority targets. Win the trenches instead of stats padding sacks and pick sixes.

Oh and they will see the day when the team is run by a true GM who can be fired and therefore is fully accountable.

Go Cowboys! Whenever that will be.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Then you better hope Jerry passes the organization on to Charlotte.

Although not probable it’s possible. She’s highly respected around the league and doesn’t need the spotlight which means she’ll let people do their jobs..

Otherwise your grandson will be putting up with Spaulding.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Jerry will still be alive and trying to run the Cowboys when your grandson is your age.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Keep dreaming…my first born was born in 2009 and I wished the same thing for him. He watched and loved Cowboys football until about 3 years ago. Now he doesn’t care at all.

Success breeds new fans and this team hasn’t had meaningful success in decades. There are very few young Cowboys fans.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing I could possibly predict about the future is that it will be unpredictable. Change is the only guarantee we can count on in an otherwise unpredictable landscape of a lifetime. Sports included.

At the end of the 1988 season, no Cowboys fan could have known what was coming in early 1989. The decade of the 90s was a great time to be a Cowboys fan. And none of us could have predicted it. And in 2024, we seem locked in a frustrating pattern of a playoff desert, mostly because of our stubborn owner who refuses to acknowledge he’s THE problem. Even that will end at some point.

The pattern of a Jerry-dominated franchise won’t last much longer. It’s unsustainable for a number of reasons. Jerry won’t live forever and despite what we may think, none of us really know what comes after that. It’s part what gives me hope. Change is coming. That’s the only predictable thing we have.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Let the child root for who he wants. That's your easiest path to victory.
Got my son to be a cowboys fan then when he got older he start going towards being a flailcons fan. Go him back to a cowboys fan later. Lol as much as dallas is a circus and made fun of he's still glad he went back to the cowboys lol

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Have you seen Jerry's grand kids? They all look inbred. I have no hope for this franchise.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

Need to hope that there is a recessive gene for the great grand kids of Jones' that will allow them to have more awareness and common sense. You never know.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only thing I could possibly predict about the future is that it will be unpredictable. Change is the only guarantee we can count on in an otherwise unpredictable landscape of a lifetime. Sports included.

At the end of the 1988 season, no Cowboys fan could have known what was coming in early 1989. The decade of the 90s was a great time to be a Cowboys fan. And none of us could have predicted it. And in 2024, we seem locked in a frustrating pattern of a playoff desert, mostly because of our stubborn owner who refuses to acknowledge he’s THE problem. Even that will end at some point.

The pattern of a Jerry-dominated franchise won’t last much longer. It’s unsustainable for a number of reasons. Jerry won’t live forever and despite what we may think, none of us really know what comes after that. It’s part what gives me hope. Change is coming. That’s the only predictable thing we have.
I'm afraid Stephen may be just as bad, and maybe worse, than his father Jerry. Unless Stephen can finally hire a GM and hold him accountable, I believe we will be getting Jerry 2.0.

shabazz

Reaction score
The only thing I could possibly predict about the future is that it will be unpredictable.
AI driven automatons playing the game will be the future as the sport will one day be deemed "too brutal" for humankind.

The movie "Idiocracy" is depicted as happening in 2505 yet we've arrived in many ways to that point already in 2024.

The refs will probably still be torpedoing our game winning drives even then.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AI driven automatons playing the game will be the future as the sport will one day be deemed "too brutal" for humankind.

The movie "Idiocracy" is depicted as happening in 2505 yet we've arrived in many ways to that point already in 2024.

The refs will probably still be torpedoing our game winning drives even then.
:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Hope on what? If you raise them to be Cowboy fans that’s your own doing lol. I have a 2 and 3 year old and I just assume when they get old enough they will be Chiefs fans and I will have no problem with that. I want better for them then I got lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry will still be alive and trying to run the Cowboys when your grandson is your age.
Yes he will be like darth vader, and still rolling wheel chair towards the microphones.
On 2nd thought he will have an electric chair.
And he will still be focused on brands money and being talked about.

Blackrain

Reaction score

My sons are 4 and 1. If they ever pick up on football, and I hope they will become Cowboys fans, then I'm 100% sure they will see different times.

And I'm not only talking Superbowls. But a whole culture change. Gone will be the days of "staying relevant" but following a strategy to constantly improve the team, open Superbowl windows and consequently go into rebuild mode once these windows are closed. No more "we like our guys" nonsense.

Additionally drafting QBs high and a two way offense should always be the priority targets. Win the trenches instead of stats padding sacks and pick sixes.

Oh and they will see the day when the team is run by a true GM who can be fired and therefore is fully accountable.

Go Cowboys! Whenever that will be.
That's a great post brother hopefully the young ones will get to see all the changes you spoke of

Blackrain

Reaction score

I agree there will be change I am just in hopes Steven gets tired of the whole thing takes the money and runs just sells the team.

Unfortunately I have the feeling he's going to follow in his Father's footsteps and try and enjoy some type of Rockstar status as he pilots the team through mediocrity.
Another possibility is maybe at some point he hires a general manager during his tenure but this is all going to happen after Jerry gives up the reins and who can say how long that'll last

Blackrain

Reaction score
Then you better hope Jerry passes the organization on to Charlotte.

Although not probable it’s possible. She’s highly respected around the league and doesn’t need the spotlight which means she’ll let people do their jobs..

Otherwise your grandson will be putting up with Spaulding.
I just continually hope for a miracle that the team gets sold to someone with the same desire Tom Brady has to win super bowls.