The only hope I have

Blackrain

Reaction score
Your post #56 sure sounds like someone who’s given up.

It’s a new team every year. New coaches, new players. Jerry nor Stephen are not on the field playing. The Cowboys will probably be one of the 3 youngest teams on opening day. Football is a young mans sport. That in and of itself portends hope for the season. Lots of reasons to have hope and to be optimistic. It sure beats your alternative, and many others here, coming here daily and saying there’s no hope as long as Jerry’s here and complaining about everything under the sun.

Your post #56 sure sounds like someone who’s given up.

It’s a new team every year. New coaches, new players. Jerry nor Stephen are not on the field playing. The Cowboys will probably be one of the 3 youngest teams on opening day. Football is a young mans sport. That in and of itself portends hope for the season. Lots of reasons to have hope and to be optimistic. It sure beats your alternative, and many others here, coming here daily and saying there’s no hope as long as Jerry’s here and complaining about everything under the sun.
No Rocky I have not given up whatsoever but I can only control what I can control if I had the power to build the team it would be no holds barred and we would be championship prepared.

Sure I love watching the new players come in guys like Ferguson, Smith .
Right up into the point where they decide that winning a super bowl isn't important and gaining a big contract is.
Jerry has poisoned the well with his business model he teaches these guys that marketing their brand and making the right business decisions is more important than winning a super bowl.
So what can I do other than wait it out and hope to see some good football right up into the time we embarrass ourselves which we do with startling regularity.

I saw the absolute best in cowboy football and if I don't miss my guess you probably did too.

You know what it looks like you know what's missing you know what it takes to get back to that point you also know like I do that the proper steps are not being taken.
It's not about giving up it's about having our hands tied and not being able to fix the problem that is what's incredibly frustrating

Blackrain

Reaction score
Do you really think he doesn’t care about winning as long as the team is making money?
He doesn't care near enough why????
Because nothing he has is ever threatened he's never made to feel uncomfortable no one ever tells him it's his fault that we aren't getting further.

He goes along the money rolls in in spite of our failures.

If the fans could hold him truly accountable it may be a whole different story.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He doesn't care near enough why????
Because nothing he has is ever threatened he's never made to feel uncomfortable no one ever tells him it's his fault that we aren't getting further.

He goes along the money rolls in in spite of our failures.

If the fans could hold him truly accountable it may be a whole different story.
The problem is that he believes his way WILL produce a Super Bowl.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No Rocky I have not given up whatsoever but I can only control what I can control if I had the power to build the team it would be no holds barred and we would be championship prepared.

Sure I love watching the new players come in guys like Ferguson, Smith .
Right up into the point where they decide that winning a super bowl isn't important and gaining a big contract is.
Jerry has poisoned the well with his business model he teaches these guys that marketing their brand and making the right business decisions is more important than winning a super bowl.
So what can I do other than wait it out and hope to see some good football right up into the time we embarrass ourselves which we do with startling regularity.

I saw the absolute best in cowboy football and if I don't miss my guess you probably did too.

You know what it looks like you know what's missing you know what it takes to get back to that point you also know like I do that the proper steps are not being taken.
It's not about giving up it's about having our hands tied and not being able to fix the problem that is what's incredibly frustrating
We need a team like those 90’s teams who could run the ball down peoples throats no matter what they did to try and stop it. And we need a defense where the DC is not just concerned about sacks instead be able tot stop the run. And we need leadership from the Coaches and key players. I think they’ll be a better team this year because of all the changes. I’m not going to wait until Jerry passes to enjoy the Cowboys and I’ll have hope every year going into the season.