The options at #4 decline by one more: Myles Jack's medical report

LittleD

Reaction score
Looks like the medical reports on Jack at the medicals on Thursday were not all that good according to
Dane Brugler on DC.com draft show. He may go in the first but, not likely that high and by the Cowboys.

We're down to Ramsey, Tunsil, or Bosa with the option to trade up for possible QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like the medical reports on Jack at the medicals on Thursday were not all that good according to
Dane Brugler on DC.com draft show. He may go in the first but, not likely that high and by the Cowboys.

We're down to Ramsey, Tunsil, or Bosa with the option to trade up for possible QB.

Or trade down. Don't forget the possible trade down now.

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke is in there at those options too.

I never considered Jack, especially after the news about his injury.
No trade ups, but a trade down to 7th is fine.

Zeke is likely not an option at 4.

IMO, if QB isn't an option at 4 and Ramsey is off the board, they are going to take Bosa.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I pointed to Jacks injury weeks ago as why I wouldn't take him. This top 5 doesn't impress me Bosa has tested positive for pot and doesn't look like a sack master. No one seems to know if Ramsey is a corner or a safety. Some of the scouting reports haven't been that great on him. Everything is pointing to the Cowboys trading down at least that's what I would do.

garyv

Reaction score
Are you trying to win now or retool the Defense that's the Question. Win now "Zeke" retool Defense
than Jalen Ramsey or Bosa or Trade Down.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
so its coming down to maybe Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa or Elliott.....one of them goes to SD....probably Tunsil.....that would leave us Bosa a DE who many here don't think he will be a great pass rusher, Ramsey a gifted athlete, who were not even sure if he's a corner or a safety, or Elliott which most won't deny will be a stud RB.....hmmm I'll take Elliott....possible small trade down and still get him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so its coming down to maybe Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa or Elliott.....one of them goes to SD....probably Tunsil.....that would leave us Bosa a DE who many here don't think he will be a great pass rusher, Ramsey a gifted athlete, who were not even sure if he's a corner or a safety, or Elliott which most won't deny will be a stud RB.....hmmm I'll take Elliott....possible small trade down and still get him.

It cracks me up that Elliot fans just don't want to hear that he's not really in the plans for Dallas at 4. Literally the only people ever mentioning it at this point are fans who want it to happen, but everything the team has done at RB the last two years points in a different direction and they just won't have any of it.

And I'm not saying it to be critical. It literally cracks me up that it happens in every thread that the OP will list the practical list of likely targets and someone will come up within 5 posts or to and say 'don't forget Zeke!' and we all go 'yeah, yeah, and Zeke' and then keep talking.

Now watch, we'll end up taking Zeke.

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ooooh if Jack is there with our #2, he'd be a steal.

Jack had a straighforward injury that most players fully recover from. He just needs a bit more time

Q_the_man

Reaction score
It cracks me up that Elliot fans just don't want to hear that he's not really in the plans for Dallas at 4. Literally the only people ever mentioning it at this point are fans who want it to happen, but everything the team has done at RB the last two years points in a different direction and they just won't have any of it.

And I'm not saying it to be critical. It literally cracks me up that it happens in every thread that the OP will list the practical list of likely targets and someone will come up within 5 posts or to and say 'don't for get Zeke!' and we all go 'yeah, yeah, and Zeke' and then keep talking.

Zeke is in our plan at #4.. McFadden is on his last year and Morris has 2 years on his contract, seriously you want McFadden (a castoff) and Morris (a castoff) running behind this great OL for 2 years. We certainly are not using our OL to it's full potential and to think any RB can run behind this line is seriously delusional. It will be a sad year if we go into the season we those two RBs as are starter and backup.

I watched every game last season as most here probably did and our running game was horrible. McFadden according to my eye test might of had 1 good game last year. Zeke helps the defense by running hard getting tough yards, he can block like no other back in the draft (which certainly will help Romo) and Zeke is a 3 down back that we can have in our backfield for the next 8-10 years...

Zeke at #4, please Jerry don't get cute just get our RB now.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I think Jack is no longer in the conversation @4, he needed clarity and not more ambiguity on his recheck.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
With the way things are happening, it's seems almost like fate that Zeke run behind the Cowboys line. :)

He came out today and said the Eagles have shown the most pre-draft attention. Would be interesting if the Cowboys pulled the trigger at 4, because it doesn't look like he will make it past 8.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is in our plan at #4.. McFadden is on his last year and Morris has 2 years on his contract, seriously you want McFadden (a castoff) and Morris (a castoff) running behind this great OL for 2 years. We certainly are not using our OL to it's full potential and to think any RB can run behind this line is seriously delusional. It will be a sad year if we go into the season we those two RBs as are starter and backup.

I watched every game last season as most here probably did and our running game was horrible. McFadden according to my eye test might of had 1 good game last year. Zeke helps the defense by running hard getting tough yards, he can block like no other back in the draft (which certainly will help Romo) and Zeke is a 3 down back that we can have in our backfield for the next 8-10 years...

I know better than to argue with an Ezekiel Zealot. But it's not going to be Zeke. He's more likely an Eagle than he is a Cowboy.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

If Murray could run behind this line then anyone can. Murray had horrible vision and no burst. McFadden's average last year was just as good as Murray. He just didn't have as many touches. Do I want a stud RB? Absolutely but not with the #4 pick. Zeke is good but not that good. The need is too great at other positions to not take BPA at the position(s) of Need: DL and Secondary and QB.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Don't think the Cowboys were considering a linebacker at 4 anyway...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

And I'm not saying it to be critical. It literally cracks me up that it happens in every thread that the OP will list the practical list of likely targets and someone will come up within 5 posts or to and say 'don't for get Zeke!' and we all go 'yeah, yeah, and Zeke' and then keep talking.

I was going to say word is the offensive coaches love Zeke and will pound the table for him on draft day.

Does not mean it will happen but never say never!