The options at #4 decline by one more: Myles Jack's medical report

dcjules

Reaction score
Zeke is likely not an option at 4.

IMO, if QB isn't an option at 4 and Ramsey is off the board, they are going to take Bosa.

I have a problem with that....If QB isntan optin (most likely) and Ramsey is gone (50/50 chance) thenwhy settle for a need player Bosa, if Elliott is rated higher....I get all the RB doesn't have value talk, butthat is BS if the guy is rated that highly....whileI have noidea how high Dallas has rated Zeke, ifhe is looked upon as the next Gurley etc....why wont he be the pick???

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Looks like the medical reports on Jack at the medicals on Thursday were not all that good according to
Dane Brugler on DC.com draft show. He may go in the first but, not likely that high and by the Cowboys.

We're down to Ramsey, Tunsil, or Bosa with the option to trade up for possible QB.

From what I've heard we have been out on Jack for a while now.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have a problem with that....If QB isntan optin (most likely) and Ramsey is gone (50/50 chance) thenwhy settle for a need player Bosa, if Elliott is rated higher....I get all the RB doesn't have value talk, butthat is BS if the guy is rated that highly....whileI have noidea how high Dallas has rated Zeke, ifhe is looked upon as the next Gurley etc....why wont he be the pick???

Because the Cowboys apparently have a philosophy where they don't believe in investing a ton of resources in the TB position given they think they get worn down and injured given the amount of punishment they take in the NFL. They refused to bid on Lamar Miller who got only $14MM in guaranteed money and they drew the line in the sand on Murray offering around $12MM in guaranteed money. And they made those moves because they believe they shouldn't and won't invest a lot of cash into RBs.

If they take Elliott at 4, he'll be due almost $25MM in guaranteed money, which would seem to run counter to their philosophy.

Kind of hard to argue with their logic at this point. Murray was a 3rd round pick that turned into an All-Pro behind this OL. And McFadden was a washed up bum who turned into a 1,000 yard rusher behind this OL and did that without any semblance of a passing game with no Romo and a hobbled Bryant.

MikeT22

Reaction score
FWIW, I read we cooled a little on Bosa. If we want DL I would rule out Buckner

But I have a bad feeling Ramsey is at or near the top of our wish list,

If both QB's are gone or we just don't like Goff I'd say it's: Ramsey, Buckner, Elliot or Bosa - or trade down (but not as likely with the QB's gone), Tunsil could also be in the mix but I think he'll go to SD, not to mention our lack of need at OL.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
So the Cowboys have all of the top RB candidates in for a visit because they have no plans whatsoever to actually consider drafting one of them?

...Yep, that makes perfect sense!

I too am a big fan of having random people come visit me so I can buy them a steak and send them on their way with no plans whatsoever of ever seeing them again. That's my favorite.

The visits are part of the preparation and evaluation process.

Why does that confuse youu exactly?

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, I read we cooled a little on Bosa. If we want DL I would rule out Buckner

But I have a bad feeling Ramsey is at or near the top of our wish list,

If both QB's are gone or we just don't like Goff I'd say it's: Ramsey, Buckner, Elliot or Bosa - or trade down (but not as likely with the QB's gone), Tunsil could also be in the mix but I think he'll go to SD, not to mention our lack of need at OL.

Bosa's name resurfaced because Zierlein reported that the Cowboys are back in on Bosa and that apparently the scouts have gotten Marinelli on board with the idea of Bosa playing in Dallas.

Could be BS but nevertheless that's a reason why Bosa is now a discussion piece again.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Looks like the medical reports on Jack at the medicals on Thursday were not all that good according to
Dane Brugler on DC.com draft show. He may go in the first but, not likely that high and by the Cowboys.

We're down to Ramsey, Tunsil, or Bosa with the option to trade up for possible QB.

But with Bosa his sack numbers declined last season . . . so we expect them to improve in the NFL. The above names, individually, are a crapshoot while Goff is a legitimate blue chipper ready to start by 2017.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here's a few pre-draft ScoutsInc ratings of RBs
As always, they underestimated and overestimated some.
99--Bush
98--A Peterson
98--McFadden (oops)
98--R Brown
97--Richardson (lol)
97--Cad Williams
96--Mendenhall
96--Benson
95--J Stewart
95--Spiller
94--Moreno
94--D Williams
93--Lynch
93--Wells
92--Gurley
92--Ingram
92--Maroney
91--Matthews
91--Zeke Elliot
91--Gordon
90--Martin
89--D Brown
88--Lacy
88--Ry Williams
88--Hyde
87--C Johnson
86--Charles
84--K Irons
83--L Miller
83--J Best
82--Ball
81--Derek Henry
79--S Green
74--D Booker
73--Gore (oops)
72--M Barber (oops)

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think it is pretty simple if Wentz and Goff are gone 1 and 2 or vice versa, depending on what the Chargers do. If Ramsey is there he is the pick. If the Chargers pick Ramsey then Tunsil is there and we should receive a lot of phone calls from teams looking for a franchise LT. I think a trade back is likely. If no good proposal comes our way, I think it is Bosa. If we do trade back then I think Lynch, Elliot, Lawson, and a few others come in to the discussion.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It cracks me up that Elliot fans just don't want to hear that he's not really in the plans for Dallas at 4. Literally the only people ever mentioning it at this point are fans who want it to happen, but everything the team has done at RB the last two years points in a different direction and they just won't have any of it.

And I'm not saying it to be critical. It literally cracks me up that it happens in every thread that the OP will list the practical list of likely targets and someone will come up within 5 posts or to and say 'don't for get Zeke!' and we all go 'yeah, yeah, and Zeke' and then keep talking.

Now watch, we'll end up taking Zeke.
You're probably right, but if you are not, this is epic crowish.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some would say you can add either Tunsil or Ramsey now and that at least one was not an option before

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're probably right, but if you are not, this is epic crowish.

You know, I'd be ok with it. I actually like Zeke a lot as a player, I just don't want any RB that high if he's not Adrian-Peterson-without-the-switch. But at this point, it'd make so many fans happy, I'd just have to roll with it and enjoy watching him rack up yards on game day/cry in my pillow we still can't stop anybody with a good QB on defense.

I'm just saying it cracks me up, because most of us are hip-deep in Ramsey/Bosa/Whoever, and the Zeke fans keep popping up to throw his name back in the ring.

birdwells1

Reaction score
With the way things are happening, it's seems almost like fate that Zeke run behind the Cowboys line. :)

I just don't see the Cowboys drafting Elliott and signing Alfred with McFadden already on the roster.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
From a pure draft perspective, this is the weakest top five since 2005 IMO. First round depth is excellent though.

fffiasco

Reaction score
I think it is pretty simple if Wentz and Goff are gone 1 and 2 or vice versa, depending on what the Chargers do. If Ramsey is there he is the pick. If the Chargers pick Ramsey then Tunsil is there and we should receive a lot of phone calls from teams looking for a franchise LT. I think a trade back is likely. If no good proposal comes our way, I think it is Bosa. If we do trade back then I think Lynch, Elliot, Lawson, and a few others come in to the discussion.

I think all the talk about the Browns loving wentz was a smokescreen and LA knew that so they jumped ahead of them and is going to pick their true target of Goff. I think the Browns trade the pick or take Ramsey. Chargers take Tunsil and were left in a bad spot IMO. I rather take Zeke than Bosa though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I just don't see the Cowboys drafting Elliott and signing Alfred with McFadden already on the roster.

You're willing to go into the season with Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden as your primary backs?

Not me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I get that. I said it before - that would be ideal. My concern is hindsight of the last several drafts. There are places where they have gotten cute with draft day trades and lost out on their target. If they trade down past the Eagles, I'd say there is a very good chance they are going to miss out on Zeke. And if the Cowboys end up taking Bosa, it will be the Moss draft all over again.

This is a horrible comparison. Ezekiel Elliot is not Randy Moss, both off the field (which is the reason we passed on him) and on the field. He may be a great RB, he may be a HOF RB, but he will not impact opposing defenses the way Randy Moss did

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ooooh if Jack is there with our #2, he'd be a steal.

Jack had a straighforward injury that most players fully recover from. He just needs a bit more time

He has a meniscus tear plus complications. That is not what you describe here.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're willing to go into the season with Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden as your primary backs?

Not me.

Good thing there is talent at least until the 4th with Perry with us picking at the top of the rounds.