The Outlook on Carson Wentz

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Was it me or did they start using a ton of RPOs late when they started moving the ball? Didn’t seem like they used many early or maybe I just wasn’t paying attention.

I was in a fog of fury for much of our defensive possessions in the 4th quarter, so I can't recall. :laugh:

J12B

Reaction score
So you guys think Wentz is dead, eh?

Maybe lay him to rest in a cave, roll a stone over the entrance?

No, that's not being said at all.

I'm saying he is highly over rated and he was swept this season by a , according to you and other posters, far inferior QB, Dak Prescott.

That doesnt happen to the top QBs on the league.

You are the king at putting words in people's mouths in order to avoid addressing the subject being discussed.

You have no argument, other than "wait and see."

Last edited:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

I'm saying he is highly over rated and he was swept this season by a , according to you and other posters, far inferior QB, Dak Prescott.

The Dak hate has always been too strong, but so is the Wentz stuff the other way. Wentz is a fine young QB coming off of injury in a season where he was the MVP front-runner prior to going down. He's going to be heard from again in this league. He's also got plenty of weaknesses in his own game and, shocker, doesn't walk on water!

Sydla

Reaction score

In fairness, and this isn’t an excuse for Wentz who has played inconsistently himself, but certainly you would acknowledge that in the two games, he’s faced a much more difficult defense than dak has faced.

Dak is literally throwing against a pass defense that had to pull guys off the street a few weeks ago.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Against the worst pass defense in the league

Wentz 120 passer rating vs a top 5 NFL defense

Dak 105 passer rating vs a bottom 5 NFL defense
Dak had 455 yards. 3 tds. Two ints. He missed 12 throws today. He made mistakes. But he also dropped some pretty dimes in there too. And in the end him and the Cowboys were victorious. So yes. He outplayed Wentz no matter how you try to spin it.

J12B

Reaction score
Wentz doesn’t have a running game to lean on. And make his life easier.

That’s not even hating on him. But last season they had the #3 rushing offense in the league. They were pounding defenses with Ajayi and Blount. That makes a quarterbacks life easier too.

He is a 2nd overall pick QB with a highly invested oline. Wentz shouldnt need a strong running game in order to be effective. The run game should be leaning on him. That's what great QBs do.

keysersoze

Reaction score

:clap:

School

Reaction score
Rueing Wentz is so 2017. I say let Philly fans worry about him (while covertly trying to stir up a qb controversy with Foles).

Mahommes looks more like the true ubermensch we should be holding Dak up against.

Sydla

Reaction score
He is a 2nd overall pick QB with a highly invested oline. Wentz shouldnt need a strong running game in order to be effective. The run game should be leaning on him. That's what great QBs do.

At this point where they were drafted doesn’t matter. We are three seasons in.

You don’t get bonus points in a game because your late round pick is playing better than the other team whose QB was picked Top 10.

J12B

Reaction score
In fairness, and this isn’t an excuse for Wentz who has played inconsistently himself, but certainly you would acknowledge that in the two games, he’s faced a much more difficult defense than dak has faced.

Dak is literally throwing against a pass defense that had to pull guys off the street a few weeks ago.

Well they had Jenkins, Sydney Jones a 2nd rounder, and Rasul Douglas a 3rd rounder playing in the secondary. I know they have had injuries in the secondary, but I'm not sure who they're missing that makes a big difference. They still have healthy dline (with the exception of Jernigan and Barnett). But Dallas was without FrederickMartin (during the end of the game), and Smith looked rusty with 3 holding calls.

And the reason they have no depth in their secondary is because they traded a bunch of draft picks to get the "amazing" Carson Wentz.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Right.... Doesn’t he carry the team on his back? That’s what they claim he does.

School

Reaction score
He looks very... rigid? Like he's just standing in the pocket, tense, waiting to let it rip. No fluidity. That's not what I remember from his first two years.

Having said that, the second half does count and he made some very nice throws. I don't thine he or Dak really put on any kind of passing clinic though. They are just staining there throwing to open guys.

He was very rigid in the pocket his rookie season. Basically dropped back and stood still with no movement unless he was scrambling or there was designed movement. That improved a lot his second year but seems to have regressed some this year. The offensive line playing at a non-elite level for a change has been a factor too.

waving monkey

Reaction score
With all that said

Hes still miles better than Dak.

And before any of you homers come in here saying how Dak had better stats (he didnt), Dak faced probably the worst secondary in the league while Wentz faced a top 10 secondary
he is a better QB but Dak is better then you give him credit for