The Patrick Surtain vs Micah Parsons game

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Micah Parsons' performance so far this season has already proven the Cowboys made the right pick. If Kevin Joseph pulls through and starts showing something good as a CB now that he's back from injury, that will solidify the first two draft picks the Cowboys made in Parsons and Joseph as the best first 2 rounds picks.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Micah Parsons' performance so far this season has already proven the Cowboys made the right pick. If Kevin Joseph pulls through and starts showing something good as a CB now that he's back from injury, that will solidify the first two draft picks the Cowboys made in Parsons and Joseph as the best first 2 rounds picks.

The year right before them is gonna give them a run for their money.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I was a Surtain guy but Parsons has Hall of Fame change the game talent. He should have been the 2nd pick in the draft. Thank goodness he did not play last season and he acted a fool in college. Joseph will take some time. I believe he turns 21 sometime this month. He has all the traits to be a good mirror cornerback. Could potentially be a Jaire Alexander type if he reaches his potential.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was a Surtain guy but Parsons has Hall of Fame change the game talent. He should have been the 2nd pick in the draft. Thank goodness he did not play last season and he acted a fool in college. Joseph will take some time. I believe he turns 21 sometime this month. He has all the traits to be a good mirror cornerback. Could potentially be a Jaire Alexander type if he reaches his potential.
We can all thank the offensive player hype and we can thank parsons for opting out a year. That was the big reason he dropped. It was a gift. He should have been a top 3 pick and clear #1 defensive player in the draft. Then we can thank last years train wreck that we even had a shot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Parsons has allowed us to rid ourselves of Jaylon and soon LVE.

Checkmate.
not both soeone else will have to take LVEs place..its been neal i believ that layed well enouygh to start at LB this season..the FA crop has been great , issue are most on 1yr deals..

Kearse
Kazee
hooker
Neal

others, all on short deals,

cap issues might hurt 2022

so enjoy 2021 as its not building toward anything but a great year and 2022 is not guaranteed..

ask the chiefs, browns , Seahawks, 49ers, PB, and others who had high hopes for 2021 and its been a tough start for them

blueblood70

Reaction score
umm i luv me some Parsons but lets tap the breaks , 2nd ovberall..no he for sure was top 10 pick as most had him ranked so moving down and getting him 12 with an extra 3rd was a gift for sure..id say he should have went 5-10.

conner01

Reaction score
Surtain and Diggs in the secondary together would have been amazing.
Yep
And you can’t really compare parsons and surtain since they don’t play the same position
But I loved parsons before the draft though his edge rush ability wasn’t even a factor at the time

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We can all thank the offensive player hype and we can thank parsons for opting out a year. That was the big reason he dropped. It was a gift. He should have been a top 3 pick and clear #1 defensive player in the draft. Then we can thank last years train wreck that we even had a shot.
You are spot on. Parsons was a preseason top 3 pick before the world changed. Thank you Nolan and Andy Dalton.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
umm i luv me some Parsons but lets tap the breaks , 2nd ovberall..no he for sure was top 10 pick as most had him ranked so moving down and getting him 12 with an extra 3rd was a gift for sure..id say he should have went 5-10.
Why would you tap the breaks? By most draft nicks after the 2019 season he was the consensus best defensive player in the draft. The only more talented player in the draft was Lawrence. His draft stock fell because he was a middle linebacker and he did not play in 2020. All of a sudden a 2 cornerbacks jumped in front of him because he was out of sight out of mind. What people seem not understand is he always had that pass rushing talent. He came to Penn State as a defensive end. The number 1 reason the Cowboys defense has changed is because Quinn decided to build the defense around Parsons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why would you tap the breaks? By most draft nicks after the 2019 season he was the consensus best defensive player in the draft. The only more talented player in the draft was Lawrence. His draft stock fell because he was a middle linebacker and he did not play in 2020. All of a sudden a 2 cornerbacks jumped in front of him because he was out of sight out of mind. What people seem not understand is he always had that pass rushing talent. He came to Penn State as a defensive end. The number 1 reason the Cowboys defense has changed is because Quinn decided to build the defense around Parsons.
hes not a #2 overall pick even after we know hows hes been playing.

quickccc

Reaction score
My deepest, highest hope is 2nd round pick CB Kelvin Joseph eventually becomes and turns out a even better player than either Surtain Jr. or Horn.

- Because of unfortunate illness (per Covid 19 related) in rookie OTAs, that slowed his beginning and introduction into the NFL..
Because of the preseason injury (groin) that led into him missing most of 1st half of the season, Joseph ended up missing very valuable time and experience.
Seems He's just been in catch up mode ever since.

- Reportedly he's been designated to special teams, but I did like that the coaches were willing to chance going to him, right away when Diggs got injured on Vikes last desperate drive
... (Not Lewis, not Wright)

- That also still suggests to me that this Cowboys organization would have liked for Joseph to make his move.in the starting lineup as a rookie, much in the same sense that
Diggs also a 2nd round pick did as a rookie last year - even under statistically the worse Defensive unit in Cowboys history.

- Only Joseph was/is not as polished and NFL ready as Diggs was coming into the NFL, but besides his incredible physical attributes (ala 4.35 speed)
Joseph likely impressed the Cowboys with his coverage performance vs Heisman winning WR Devontae Smith, along with 4 INT picks his final year at Kentucky.
Speed, athleticism, ball hawk INT skills, and game day performance (vs Devontae) prompt Cowboys to take Joseph.

- And i'm quite still on board with developing him into an eventual starter, and hopes he gets valuable playing time- NFL experience needed.
Now he has to stay healthy.