The Patrick Surtain vs Micah Parsons game

ultron

Reaction score
I like Parsons + Bossman over Surtain + whoever we would’ve taken in the 2nd

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It would be hilarious to go back and check the draft day threads and check receipts on all these supposed longtime Parson advocates now.

Lol. Was just gonna say, "Is this the thread where everyone tells us they wanted Parsons all along as well as trading down 2 spots to risk losing him?"

I do remember saying that Surtain wasn't even going to be available at 10 for us to pick and got ridiculed by them thar draft expert, Mike Maycock wannabes. Lol.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I thought Surtain was the safer pick. Although I though Parsons was more talented, I wondered whether he would get swallowed by the Cowboys culture. I thought with Surtain having learned how to be a professional from his dad, that possibly could overcome the sorry cupcake culture. Instead, it appears Parsons has brought his beast personality to the Cowboys and has transformed the defense - along with Quinn.

So, it appears I was wrong. But, overall, a linebacker is going to be more valuable than a corner. A linebacker can affect the pass rush, the run game and pass coverage. The corner, basically, is relegated to the passing game.

I'm just glad it turned out. I don't care if my predictions are wrong as long as the Cowboys are winning.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Anthony Brown is playing well enough opposite Diggs anyway.

The Cowboys have the most versatile defensive player the NFL has seen in a very long time in Parsons and this kid is just getting started.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Even if we had Surtain just think about the LB corp we would have had an we cut Smith. No thanks glad we got the LB.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would say the majority of the group that wanted this team to tank last year wanted the players and coaches to lose on purpose for better draft position thus the loser mentality. What you describe above is not tanking.
No they didn't. That was purely agenda driven drivel by the anti tankers.

kskboys

Reaction score
nice try trying to run in late and start with the should haves

i was on board pre draft draft day and before he played snap he for sure was worth every but and then some..not top 5 sorry dont agree,..
The should haves? What are you talking about?

kskboys

Reaction score
and yet there many of you all zoners, not me. said top 10 for LB was too high,, we picked him 12 they still cried we didn't get an OL..

got it,..odd now in hindsight we are calling this kid top 2 lmao..

i said before the draft during the draft and after Parsons was a great pick..he was no consolation prize every bit as good pick as any of the top Cbs i would have been equally happy with either of the top 3

horn
surtain
Parosns
it was a coin flip...
those trying to jump on the bandwagon after the fact what the filp ever to you all..nice try,

top 2 ,no ,top 10 yes, 12 a steal

ADD A 3RD, PRICELESS LOL

Why are you quoting me when you're talking to someone else?

kskboys

Reaction score
Any team tanking for a QB when Mahomes got drafted would have taken Trubisky that year lol
Disagree. Trubes was not all that well thought of, and CHI got a pile of crapp for overdrafting him. He was far from consensus.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If it weren't for drafting Parsons, Smith would still be on our roster.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I have yet to see one single poster express the thought that players should be throwing the game. That's simply a silly accusation by the anti tankers who don't comprehend looking forward and trying to build a contender.

Sure but it still makes for some garbage football and probably cost the teams and the nfl millions of dollats. Doug Pederson made a flagrant attempt at throwing the game last season and i really think that was what cost him his job. You just watch if teams keep tanking they are going to instutitue an anti tanking system like the nba.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
They are both good

I think Parsons is better than anyone thought he would be

JBond

Reaction score
Yep
And you can’t really compare parsons and surtain since they don’t play the same position
But I loved parsons before the draft though his edge rush ability wasn’t even a factor at the time
His rush ability was absolutely a factor. Anyone that spent a minute watching his college tape knew about his hand movement and bend, the ability to get skinny and use his freakish speed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disagree. Trubes was not all that well thought of, and CHI got a pile of crapp for overdrafting him. He was far from consensus.
What was consensus is that no other QB was considered a top 5 pick that year. Even Mahomes fans thought he was closet to 10-15. Once Watson threw 48 mph, Trubisky was the top QB in what was considered a weak class. Very few disagreed after Watson fell. In fact KC and Houston as much flak as Chicago trading up for Mahomes and Watson. Most of Chicago's flak was because they traded up one spot.

But none of those guy were ever guys teams would "tank" for

conner01

Reaction score
His rush ability was absolutely a factor. Anyone that spent a minute watching his college tape knew about his hand movement and bend, the ability to get skinny and use his freakish speed.
I don’t think many, maybe a few, thought he could play like he has in the edge against 300 lb Tackles

JBond

Reaction score
I don’t think many, maybe a few, thought he could play like he has in the edge against 300 lb Tackles
I knew he was eventually going to be great. Happy it is coming together this fast. A transformational player. Imagine with a couple years of NFL experience and strength training. Dude is already a beast.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have yet to see one single poster express the thought that players should be throwing the game. That's simply a silly accusation by the anti tankers who don't comprehend looking forward and trying to build a contender.
What about coaches? Do you believe they should be trying to win, or should they deliberately call bad plays to try to lose? Or, say, sit out healthy good young players in favor of inferior old players (the opposite of looking toward the future)? Because this now seems like the only differentiator between the "tanking" and "anti-tanking" groups.