The Patrick Surtain vs Micah Parsons game

kskboys

Reaction score
umm i luv me some Parsons but lets tap the breaks , 2nd ovberall..no he for sure was top 10 pick as most had him ranked so moving down and getting him 12 with an extra 3rd was a gift for sure..id say he should have went 5-10.
It was possible. He was slated by most to be a 2-5 pick. After Barbie, there was no consensus for #2.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who would you have taken over Micah Parsons?
Barbie.

However, that's only one example. Parsons was an easy pick, as he was obviously top 5 talent. That doesn't mean you should trade away some players in down years to bring in talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
We can all thank the offensive player hype and we can thank parsons for opting out a year. That was the big reason he dropped. It was a gift. He should have been a top 3 pick and clear #1 defensive player in the draft. Then we can thank last years train wreck that we even had a shot.
And then thank CAR and DEN and some others for being stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be hilarious to go back and check the draft day threads and check receipts on all these supposed longtime Parson advocates now.
I was completely shocked that any Cowboys fan was against us taking him. Almost as shocked as when he fell to us.

You simply don't get a shot at a Micah Parsons often. Not many at all.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Parsons has chance to make game changing plays every down...a CB only gets that chance when the ball is thrown his way. Parson has changed the D for the next decade. We now have e bonafide game changers on D, Parsons, Gregory and Diggs...the D has the potential to be a legit too 10 by year's end.

After last season I never thought there would turn around this quick.

I doubt Quinn gets poached after only 1 year..

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Parsons and what he's brought to the team, and I wouldn't change the pick for anything, but...

This thread reminds me so much of so many threads here about Ware and Merriman in their first couple years. Of course, the sentiments then were the opposite: we picked the wrong guy, Merriman's gonna be a Hall-of-Famer and Ware's just good, lots of "I knew before the draft we should take Merriman over Ware," etc.

Nobody knows what the future will bring. But I'm sure enjoying the present.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was on the draft chat during the draft hoping all the corners would be off the board when we picked. The experts seemed pretty mixed on who the top corner in the draft was. I didn’t think a corner would have as much impact on our defense as Parsons who could help against the run and apply pressure on the QB.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a loser mentality pure and simple
It depends on what we're talking about when we say "tanking."

The players on the field should be doing their best to win every game. During the game, the coaches should be doing everything they can to win the game.

The front office needs to understand whether the team is rebuilding or competing. If they're rebuilding, then they shouldn't be hanging on to the guys who won't be part of the next competitive team. Hold that fire sale.

I hope nobody disagrees with the above. Okay, I know some people think the guys on the field should deliberately be throwing the game, but that's nuts.

The gray area, I guess, comes with the question of who do you play. Do you play the guys who give you the best chance to win this week's game? Or do you play the young guys, so you can evaluate them, make decisions about the next year, and give them experience. I guess you're arguing they should do the former? And doing the latter is a "loser mentality?" I don't see it, myself.