The Patriots will end up with McFadden, not the Cowboys

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1765165 said:
#1. I don't think they draft DMac with a VERY good RB on their roster already.

#2. Jerry lost his mind with Galloway, it hasn't happened again and it won't happen with DMac. To get from the Cleveland pick(probably in the 20's) up to DMac you'd have to give day 1 in 08 and most of day 1 in 09. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

I think we have 3 areas we need to address day 1 with our 4 picks. Round 1 i want a CB most of all. After that i don't care if we go RB or WR but if we keep both #1's i'm of the opinion we need to get 1 impact offensive skill player. This should be a pretty good draft at RB and WR in round 2 so i can see us going for our second O pick in round 2. But again, i think CB is a must have in round 1.

Just a technical note, we only have 3 picks on Day 1. The first day of the draft has been shortened to only the first 2 rounds. The time has been shortened between picks, but it will start later in the afternoon.

I think this will be an advantage to the well prepared teams to land some good talent in the middle rounds. I always hated watching the talent in the 4th round be taken before we picked (usually later in the round) because teams had all night to re-adjust their boards and see what was available. They will still do that starting with round three, but I think this will allow some good talent to fall as the less prepared teams with smaller scouting staffs panic in the heat of the flowing draft and reach to fill needs after the third round.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;1765140 said:
I just don't see it happen. The 49ers have gone from the chic pick to get to the playoffs (which I never bought) to looking like one of the worst teams in the league. It is entirely possible the Pats end up with a top 5 pick, and almost certain they will have a top 10. Worse yet, they don't have any needs, so they will draft the best player available and if Mcfadden is there, they WILL draft him.

If Jerry has any aspirations for seeing DMAC with a star on his helmet, he's going to have to move heaven and earth to make it happen, and that may mean leaving us with a draft similar to the Commanders last year, one high pick and nothing else till the late rounds.

This would mean no quality CB and no quality WR in the draft, which we may actually need more than a RB.
No they will not take Dmc They will trade down because they do have needs many of them. Do you realy think they will be able to afford to keep all those stars? Randy said he is proving his worth and wants to be paid by it after the season, Stallworth has a stip in his contract that they can opt out next year avoiding alot of money that they would have to pay. Both Gay and samuel are free agents and they can't use the franchise tag on samuel it is in his new contract as long as they make the playoffs, They are very old at Safety and Linebacker. They will trade down for a pair of lower first round picks or some 2nd and 3rd day picks and possibly a player. They have more needs then it looks like. There players are either getting old hitting free agency or would take to big of a cap hit to keep. The least of there worries is RB.
And there are no real quality WR's or CB's yes there are some that stand out among others but nothing worthy of a first rounder not in my eyes.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
King is expected to fall to the 2nd round so we could take a shot at him. I think if we trade both our 1st rounders for McFadden and our 2nd and third to move up and grab King. At wideout we may be able to swing next years first and maybe some later picks for Fitzy and we would be set. There are all three problems taken care of. I don't think we would need anything else. I think that with a team like that we would be a shoe in for a repeat maybe even a 3pete if we can keep the team togeather for another year or at least fill in the holes nicely. I think anyone that doesn't want to stay we could replace with vets that are looking for rings before they hang em up like the Pats have been doing.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
with the way the 49ers are playing, we better hope miami doesn't win one single game and st. louis doesn't win another one. right now, the 49ers just might be the worst team in the entire league.

as much as i feel sorry about mike nolan losing his father dick, he just isn't a very good coach. he's a good motivator and talks a good game, but talks don't translate into wins. to make the matter worse, alex smith is not a nfl caliber quarterback.

to further add salt into the wound, we traded the 22nd overall pick to cleveland last year for a first this year, the first that we get back may actually turn out to be a lower pick.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Laurence Maroney and Sammy Morris - RB is not a postion of need for NE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless of which pick they get, they will likely trade down. Dang that San Fran.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Many of you may think this is crazy, but I can see Jerry going after Moss in the offseason. Without Moss, NE goes back to being a good team, nothing like what they are now.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep.

This was discussed heavily on Mike Tirco's Show yesterday.

The Patriots also go a 4th Round pick from the 49ers as well and used that to get Randy Moss. So in theory, the trade with the 49ers could net Randy Moss and Darren Mcfadden.

I doubt the Cowboys would be interested in Randy Moss. Hopefully we are smart and go after a young Wide Receiver in the Draft.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
aikemirv;1765470 said:
Many of you may think this is crazy, but I can see Jerry going after Moss in the offseason. Without Moss, NE goes back to being a good team, nothing like what they are now.
What's funny is that in my Madden franchise, I've got Owens, Moss and Terry in the slot, and while it's fun...

:madden:

aikemirv

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765480 said:
Yep.

This was discussed heavily on Mike Tirco's Show yesterday.

The Patriots also go a 4th Round pick from the 49ers as well and used that to get Randy Moss. So in theory, the trade with the 49ers could net Randy Moss and Darren Mcfadden.

I doubt the Cowboys would be interested in Randy Moss. Hopefully we are smart and go after a young Wide Receiver in the Draft.

I am not sure why they would not. Garrett loves to pass. He would do it 30-35 times a game. There is plenty to go around. We can still go after a young kid because TG is not going to be here IMO and either HUrd or Austin will be somewhere else.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think Moss re-signs with the New England Patriots and they may even get him at a discount.

I am also not sure what our Cap looks like and the players who need to be re-signed.

Moss and Owens on the same team seems attractive but I don't think it would work. The Cowboys do not need Randy Moss because Terrell Owens still has the ability to make average/somewhat above average receivers like Patrick Crayton better. Terrell Owens would therefore allow you to bring a 1st Round pick at Wide Receiver along slowly and you probably still have Patrick Crayton and Terry Glenn.

I could be wrong but I just don't see the Cowboys going after Randy Moss in Free Agency.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if the Pats grabbed McFadden. The guy has great talent. No doubt they could trade the pick or go another direction but if they see McFadden as a guy who could be a big impact player then why wouldn't they take him?

Sandyf

Reaction score
The Pats could go for McFadden but if they lose Asante Samuels then it would be hard for me to believe that they wouldn't go for the top CB in the draft. Morris, Faulk and Maroney are providing quite well for the Pats and the game is multiple RBs now not one stud RB.

I also don't see Jerry jumping up to get McFadden either, it would cost to much especially considering how Cleveland is playing. If Cleveland continues on the same pace they would have had the 24 or 25 pick in the first and we are on pace hopefully for the 32nd pick. It would take those two picks plus our second and probably a 1 or 2 in 2009 to jump up to the top five.

It ain't worth it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1765163 said:
good ol roger goodell took away the wrong pick. should have been which ever pick was higher on the board. goodell knew the pats had two 1st rounders:banghead:

I agree with that one...

He knew they were still getting a high pick, so no harm done...

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jerry has watched the Patriots and how they became successful. I think we use one of our 1sts if we really like the value on the board and trade down w/ the other. It gives us lots of options.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1765378 said:
Regardless of which pick they get, they will likely trade down. Dang that San Fran.

Yeah, but the problem with the really high picks is that so often teams can't trade down. Most teams don't want to pay the gargantuan signing bonuses for these unproven players, so it's hard to find teams to trade up.

And it might be even more in their case since when teams do want to trade up, they often want a quarterback. And the Pats can't bluff anyone into thinking they want a QB.

I seriously hope they get a top 2 pick and can't trade out of it. JMO, but I'm not sure anyone in this draft is going to be so great that he's worth the 30 million or whatever they'll get at that slot... Except McFadden. In which case I'll have to hope he's another Kijana Carter.

alancdc

Reaction score
theogt;1765142 said:
They'll trade down.

Pick up 2 stud backers to eventually take the place of Bruschi and Vrabel, or find another safety to replace Steroid head HArrison!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
McFadden will be a New York Jet. I'd bet money on it. They're sure building a nice young OL in front of him.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
OK, I realize I'm in the minority on this, but here goes ....

McFadden's physique doesn't look like it can withstand the NFL game.

His legs are thin for a RB and his hips are very narrow. He looks like a RB version of Ted Ginn, whom I think was a reach.

We've seen guys like this tear it up in college, then find the going tougher in the NFL. Reggie Bush looks thicker than McFadden and Reggie has had some trouble running between the tackles and breaking tackles in the NFL.

McFadden reminds me of another Razorback -- Gary Anderson.

Anderson wasn't a bad pro, but he was one of those guys who didn't really fit the mold of an every-down NFL back.

I think McFadden will be a good NFL player, but I'm not convinced he's a franchise back at the next level.