CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

McMicah

Reaction score
Put down your torch and pitchfork. I’m not here to tell you Cooper Rush is Tom Brady 2.0.

Daks injury provided a very interesting situation this year. It showed the difference between our franchise qb with a really good team and a undrafted guy with a really good team.

Now we have the full picture. Cooper actually played solidly to win 4 out of 5 games, considering 3 (almost 4) teams were playoff teams, and one almost won the afc ship and the other will probably win it all. Against the litmus of what Cooper faced each week, he played consistently. Not as a great qb, but as a decent one on a good team that didn’t make stupid mistakes.

Which brings us to Dak. In a word, inconsistent…in record, in play, and in fan opinions. He won some games extravagantly, and had some gut wrenchingly pointless losses. I think comparing him to Cooper, he solidly confirmed what a lot of people have said on this board. He’s too inconsistent to get the team all the way. Everyone loves the Dak that played Minnesota or TB in the playoffs. Everyone hates the Dak that played the 49ers or TB in the opener.

Through a mixture of flaws that randomly appear play to play, game to game, I think it’s time to admit the gap between Rush and Dak is way smaller than the gap between Dak and top tier qbs. It’s just the inconsistency. Turns out he’s exactly what we drafted…a day 3 project pick. Hopefully the project ends in a year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seriously, what? What did he say that was so "out there?"
Yeah I’m confused as well.

BTW, Andy Dalton had a higher win percentage the year he stepped in for Dak and he was awful.

You don’t need to spend all this money to get the same results Dak gives you but a cheap QB gives you the option to build a better football team.

Dak was far and away a huuuuuuge advantage for us over Brock Purdy and Dak embarrassed the franchise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
95% of people were defending Dak before the Divisional playoff game rubbing it in our faces how good he was against the Bucs. Sure for a short time after the Divisional game some more people turned on him but most of them are right back on the bandwagon or will be by next season.
Dak deserved every bit of praise he got after the Bucs game.

The problem is he’s deep into his career and doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. We can’t just keep wasting seasons on this guy who is clearly not even super talented.

kskboys

Reaction score
95% of people were defending Dak before the Divisional playoff game rubbing it in our faces how good he was against the Bucs. Sure for a short time after the Divisional game some more people turned on him but most of them are right back on the bandwagon or will be by next season.
No, they weren't. The few Dak defenders are just very loud, and fooled you into thinking there were more of them.

Last poll on Dak showed that the high majority considered him decent, not great.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Every time someone makes a Rush thread people reply and laugh in their faces when they say Rush can replace Dak, every single time. Rush went 5-1 and deserved more opportunity, but this board won't hear of it. This board loves Dak Prescott.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Every time someone makes a Rush thread people reply and laugh in their faces when they say Rush can replace Dak, every single time. Rush went 5-1 and deserved more opportunity, but this board won't hear of it. This board loves Dak Prescott.
Have not seen a lot of love since the 49er dumpster fire.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
No, they weren't. The few Dak defenders are just very loud, and fooled you into thinking there were more of them.

Last poll on Dak showed that the high majority considered him decent, not great.
He is better than decant and better than I thought he would be He is a dream come true as a 4th rounder he stunned the NFL

Creeper

Reaction score
What happened to Rush in the game against the Eagles? After 4 games teams started to catch up to him. As much as I recognize Dak's limitations, we have to admit with Dak back the Cowboys offense was averaging 10 points a game more than when Rush was QBing. Dak is a better QB. They just needs to figure out how to get him to stop throwing the ball to the other team. Let's see what a new OC can do with him. But Rush is not the answer.

Jayinem

Reaction score
What happened to Rush in the game against the Eagles? After 4 games teams started to catch up to him. As much as I recognize Dak's limitations, we have to admit with Dak back the Cowboys offense was averaging 10 points a game more than when Rush was QBing. Dak is a better QB. They just needs to figure out how to get him to stop throwing the ball to the other team. Let's see what a new OC can do with him. But Rush is not the answer.
Regardless if you're a Rush supporter or not, you have to admit it wasn't enough sample size. Going back to 2021 he was 5-1. He had a bad game against the Eagles who are in the Super Bowl. So you're just going to just throw out anything he did because of one bad game? If that applied to Dak he'd be gone a long time ago, including the last game he played in. Rush threw 3 INTs the only 3 of his career, but still got us to within 9 points which isn't that bad. If Dak wasn't here I would have liked to see what he did with a full season.