CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

raggedy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak Hater. I actually think if things fall perfectly for the team that Dak could actually get us to a Super Bowl, but what are the chances things all fall in place?

having said that, I watched this video of Aikman last night, and I was reminded of how proper footwork looks like on an NFL great QB. I've been watching the Cowboys since 1975, so I've seen this team at its peak.

Getting back to Dak, his footwork has never been good, but when he gets "hot" he can help the team steamroll an opponent. I agree that maybe they need to rein him in and just have him run the play called. Dak is NOT Peyton Manning who would decide which play he'd run based off the defensive alignment he saw at the line of scrimmage. I think teams are better at disguising defenses now, and I don't think Dak has the same processing power or speed of Peyton.

Alright Dak, prove all your doubters wrong please! For the sake of all us fans! We want another SB!

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak Hater. I actually think if things fall perfectly for the team that Dak could actually get us to a Super Bowl, but what are the chances things all fall in place?

having said that, I watched this video of Aikman last night, and I was reminded of how proper footwork looks like on an NFL great QB. I've been watching the Cowboys since 1975, so I've seen this team at its peak.

Getting back to Dak, his footwork has never been good, but when he gets "hot" he can help the team steamroll an opponent. I agree that maybe they need to rein him in and just have him run the play called. Dak is NOT Peyton Manning who would decide which play he'd run based off the defensive alignment he saw at the line of scrimmage. I think teams are better at disguising defenses now, and I don't think Dak has the same processing power or speed of Peyton.

Alright Dak, prove all your doubters wrong please! For the sake of all us fans! We want another SB!

I think with the format the margin of error for teams is going to be smaller than ever. Wild card teams have only won the SB like 4% of the time teams with byes over 50% of the time, and now only the #1 seed gets a bye. This the very first year both #1 seeds made the Super Bowl. To me it would take a huge leap from Dak that you usually don't see when a QB turns 30 years old to make us a 14-3 type team. He's becomes more turnover prone than in his earlier years which is a huge red flag.

raggedy

Reaction score
I think with the format the margin of error for teams is going to be smaller than ever. Wild card teams have only won the SB like 4% of the time teams with byes over 50% of the time, and now only the #1 seed gets a bye. This the very first year both #1 seeds made the Super Bowl. To me it would take a huge leap from Dak that you usually don't see when a QB turns 30 years old to make us a 14-3 type team. He's becomes more turnover prone than in his earlier years which is a huge red flag.
I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL added another wildcard and just did away with the byes. The byes seem like too much of an advantage, and the NFL can add another post season game ($$$$). Getting back on topic, Rush did well driving the bus. He ran the play that KM called. Dak is the more talented football player, but it's questionable if Dak has the emotional makeup to really carry a team. Guys say he needs more weapons, and I agree that he needs help, but he's taking up so much of the cap space how can we build enough around him? It's disappointing that we had a defense good enough to really make that SB run, but our offense came up short. yeah yeah, I know - it's a team sport so don't compartmentalize things.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What Rush showed is that passing for a gadzillion yards is not what wins games.
All of Cooper Rush's wins have come when the opponent was held to 17 points or less. He's never been asked to win a shootout, which is good because he couldn't do it.

Rush's best attribute is not making mistakes. What happened the one time an opponent broke 20 points? He made mistakes and the Cowboys lost. He's extremely limited.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak defender but seriously? Cmon dude.
What? He made a great post, talking about the facts of the situation without making it personal, sarcastic, and without parroting the same nonsense half the other posters go around parroting in the echo chamber.

What else do you want?

NotForLong

Reaction score
All of Cooper Rush's wins have come when the opponent was held to 17 points or less. He's never been asked to win a shootout, which is good because he couldn't do it.

Rush's best attribute is not making mistakes. What happened the one time an opponent broke 20 points? He made mistakes and the Cowboys lost. He's extremely limited.
I would venture to say that Daks style of play prevents the defense from holding the opponents team to under 17 puts.

Dak's turnovers and drive killing plays are a major factor in that

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put down your torch and pitchfork. I’m not here to tell you Cooper Rush is Tom Brady 2.0.

Daks injury provided a very interesting situation this year. It showed the difference between our franchise qb with a really good team and a undrafted guy with a really good team.

Now we have the full picture. Cooper actually played solidly to win 4 out of 5 games, considering 3 (almost 4) teams were playoff teams, and one almost won the afc ship and the other will probably win it all. Against the litmus of what Cooper faced each week, he played consistently. Not as a great qb, but as a decent one on a good team that didn’t make stupid mistakes.

Which brings us to Dak. In a word, inconsistent…in record, in play, and in fan opinions. He won some games extravagantly, and had some gut wrenchingly pointless losses. I think comparing him to Cooper, he solidly confirmed what a lot of people have said on this board. He’s too inconsistent to get the team all the way. Everyone loves the Dak that played Minnesota or TB in the playoffs. Everyone hates the Dak that played the 49ers or TB in the opener.

Through a mixture of flaws that randomly appear play to play, game to game, I think it’s time to admit the gap between Rush and Dak is way smaller than the gap between Dak and top tier qbs. It’s just the inconsistency. Turns out he’s exactly what we drafted…a day 3 project pick. Hopefully the project ends in a year.
The gap is only small for people that are clueless about football.

Rush failed vs the Eagles.

Dak won vs the Eagles.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

THIS. Best post of the week.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While Rush is better under pressure there are many throws he doesn't have the arm to make. That said, he's as good of a back up as you could hope for
That's more than I can say for our beloved starter.

Cmac

Reaction score
What Rush showed is that passing for a gadzillion yards is not what wins games.
.....then why didn't KMoore keep the scheme the same, when Dak returned?....... or return the scheme back to the one Cooper Rush had, when the Dak ints started surfacing?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Dak came back, started flinging pick sixes, and "defense" started giving up more points. Take out all the points off turnovers that our opponents got this year and then see what our average points allowed was. We played complimentary football with Rush. Dak refuses to do it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What happened to Rush in the game against the Eagles? After 4 games teams started to catch up to him. As much as I recognize Dak's limitations, we have to admit with Dak back the Cowboys offense was averaging 10 points a game more than when Rush was QBing. Dak is a better QB. They just needs to figure out how to get him to stop throwing the ball to the other team. Let's see what a new OC can do with him. But Rush is not the answer.
What happened to Dak in that 49er game. 12 points?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no World where Rush is a reference to how to run an offense.
Just stop this.

Yes, it was outstanding to win 4 of 5, but conveniently no one ever mentions the loss where he was grounded and awful. Eventually, the defense can't carry you or the running game and the QB has to do dumb stuff to try and catch up. Those suggesting running an ultra conservative offense like Coop did are not in full possession of the facts.

Rush ain't that dude or he would be starting.