The pick that turned it around for us

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And that was over 20+ years ago, the game has changed drastically and it’s been proven top tier RB’s just aren’t worth the money anymore.

The problem is Garrett tried to model the Cowboys after the 90s teams by building the offense around the running game and a great OL. Our offense has revolved around the running game for years. We’ve had our best success when we’ve been able to run the ball consistently with a top rusher. We’ve had two QBs pass for almost 5000 yards and both seasons ended up 8-8 and home for the playoffs.

aria

Reaction score
The problem is Garrett tried to model the Cowboys after the 90s teams by building the offense around the running game and a great OL. Our offense has revolved around the running game for years. We’ve had our best success when we been able to run the ball consistently with a top rusher. We’ve had two QBs pass for almost 5000 yards and both seasons ended up 8-8.
When you say best success, when are you referring to? I understand Murray and two years with zeke but those successful seasons can also be attributed to several other factors, the O line being the primary factor IMO.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Hes right

Without Zeke, Dakota has 0 success and we have another horrible season in 2016

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How it continues to happen is the most interesting part.
I have no idea either. Maybe its the newer posters on the site. This type of post isn't even worth getting upset about if you are a Dak fan. Just keep it moving and let him and his crew do what they do lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pappy is not a troll. He just have some controversial opinions that goes doesn’t follow the typical views found on this board.
Well you are another one of the trolls on this site. But he doesn't have controversial opinions. He has ONE opinion. Every post is about how Dak sucks. And then he does things like this......drops a grenade and sees who falls on it. .You enabling his behavior isn't making it any better but like I said you are one of the trolls on this site too so not shocked that you'd come to his defense. @WillieBeamen will do it to I'm sure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you say best success, when are you referring to? I understand Murray and two years with zeke but those successful seasons can also be attributed to several other factors, the O line being the primary factor IMO.

When I refer to our best success at least in recent years I’m talking about 2014 and 2016 where we ended up the number one seed. Those were championship caliber teams led by great rushing performances. The Cowboys had great OL’s blocking for Duane Thomas, Dorsett and Emmitt but regardless the OL the back matters. We had a great OL in 2015 but McFadden could only manage just under 1100 yards and 3 TDs behind it. A great back would have put up at least 1400+ behind that line and 8 TDs. The primary factor is the back but you’re one of those who still thinks you can get by with an average back.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they still should have given Romo his job back in the playoffs that year. Just because no rookie has ever won a Superbowl. So our best chance of winning it all was with Romo. But Zeke was a great pick, way better than that loud mouth CB some wanted.
:popcorn:
That "no rookie has ever won a Super Bowl" thing is a misleading stat though. It's very rare that a rookie QB goes to a strong team and starts right away, so it's not as if a lot of rookie QBs have been on SB caliber teams and the team failed because of the rookie QB.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Well you are another one of the trolls on this site. But he doesn't have controversial opinions. He has ONE opinion. Every post is about how Dak sucks. And then he does things like this......drops a grenade and sees who falls on it. .You enabling his behavior isn't making it any better but like I said you are one of the trolls on this site too so not shocked that you'd come to his defense. @WillieBeamen will do it to I'm sure.
Its hilarious that you are a grown man that gets in his feelings whenever someone else shows their distaste for Dakota :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How’d I know this thread would rile you up

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That "no rookie has ever won a Super Bowl" thing is a misleading stat though. It's very rare that a rookie QB goes to a strong team and starts right away, so it's not as if a lot of rookie QBs have been on SB caliber teams and the team failed because of the rookie QB.
Right. And if a rookie goes to a solid team they usually have a quarterback in place but Dak was the rare case where the starting quarterback got hurt. There haven't been many times in history you can go back and look at a rookie QB leading a team to a Super Bowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its hilarious that you are a grown man that gets in his feelings whenever someone else shows their distaste for Dakota :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How’d I know this thread would rile you up
How'd you know it would rile me up? Because you are a grown man that thinks about me for whatever reason. :laugh: That's more of a testament to you than me.

This thread didn't rile me up. I straight up told y'all what it was. Its a troll job. A troll gonna troll.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
How'd you know it would rile me up? Because you are a grown man that thinks about me for whatever reason. :laugh: That's more of a testament to you than me.

This thread didn't rile me up. I straight up told y'all what it was. Its a troll job. A troll gonna troll.
Because its what you do.

Get sensitive over and Dak hate. Its hilarious. I just was in another thread and you were in your feelings and calling another poster a troll because he said he wants a QB:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: