The play no one is discussing

JBond

Reaction score
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
Why is Jarwin still a thing? Just like Lewis, never understood the hype.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The play no one is discussing is the play right around that -- the one right before it? -- where Dak threw to Zeke right at the pylon. That was a walk-in if Dak hits him earlier. But Dak looked to the end zone too long, then when he did go to Zeke, Zeke was too close to the sideline and the ball was too high.
You just beat me to it. Nice observation. Ball could have been earlier or if it weren't high Zeke scores.

dfense

Reaction score
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
Zeke need to plant his foot, cut and lower his shoulder and drive into the endzone at the numbers. Instead he runs to the sideline. He hasn't been able to get to the edge since his rookie season. Bad decision there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Schultz is a better blocker. He should have been in on that play. Coaches need to put their players in a position to succeed. You're asking for trouble having Jarwin in on that play.

edit: On replay it looks like Schultz was in on the play blocking on the inside. He probably should have been the outside blocker. Idk I miss Marty B lol.

I was going to say I thought Schultz was blocking along the line. Darwin just needs to make sure he at least gets in the guy's way.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No doubt it was a fail by Jarwin. But it appeared they were trying to execute two different things. Zeke was going wide it would seem in the expectation that Jarwin would come across the defender (get to the outside shoulder & shield the defender to the inside). Jarwin seemed to be setting up to block the defender from the inside shielding him to the outside expecting Zeke to bring the ball inside him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the agenda is “the cowboys over overpaying on RB and it is hurting the team”

Then I suppose I also have an agenda.

Zeke saved Dak's butt several times. Not just a DB blitz...but defensive LINEMEN. Most RB's would crumble in that.

Maybe last night wasn;t a great night for our running game against the super bowl champion defense that won it not just because of brady.

But how much is protecting your star QB worth to you?

You will probably say something like "well fullbacks are pretty cheap". Well zeke can hardly help that now can he?

He's doing what he can...let's give him a couple games against more "regular" defenses.

BTW...there are MANY things "hurting this team"...zeke is hardly the worst of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Probably right, but Zeke looks slow. He might be "in great shape", but I don't think it was automatic that he gets in even if Jarwin isn't caught drooling.
OMG, get the agenda out of here. Zeke looked explosive. Yes, he did a poor job of not beating the tackle on that one play no doubt, but overall he looked great.

And I'm not a Zeke homer. Seriously, you're seeing what you want to see.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He looked great when he got the edge and did the Deion high step. Too small of a sample size. Neither RB really touched the ball last night. Either way. Zeke gets into the end zone if Jarwin knows how to block.
Shultz should have been on the field for that play Jarwin can not block Shultz can.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zeke saved Dak's butt several times. Not just a DB blitz...but defensive LINEMEN. Most RB's would crumble in that.

Maybe last night wasn;t a great night for our running game against the super bowl champion defense that won it not just because of brady.

But how much is protecting your star QB worth to you?

You will probably say something like "well fullbacks are pretty cheap". Well zeke can hardly help that now can he?

He's doing what he can...let's give him a couple games against more "regular" defenses.

BTW...there are MANY things "hurting this team"...zeke is hardly the worst of it.

yeah Zeke is a great blocker.

that’s great and all. But I don’t pay a RB the highest contract to block. I pay it to score TD’s

If he doesn’t play better. His contract is absolutely hurting the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jarwin does one thing better than Schultz, long routes. That is it. Schultz is better than Jarwin, and it's not close.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The play no one is discussing is the play right around that -- the one right before it? -- where Dak threw to Zeke right at the pylon. That was a walk-in if Dak hits him earlier. But Dak looked to the end zone too long, then when he did go to Zeke, Zeke was too close to the sideline and the ball was too high.

Yes. That throw was a tick late. Dak was looking at another read. Wish he would have come off it a split second sooner and thrown to Zeke. He prolly scores.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I was very happy with Moore's game plan, but I thought that call was a big mistake. I'm a big believer that you only run there if you are also going to go for it on 4th down. I didn't like the call at all regardless of the poor execution.

I feel like that call in that situation works a high amount of time against almost every other team in the league though.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
Lol you sure about that? I've seen those guys brought down one on one plenty of times
yeah pretty sure...lol Actually think Zeke could make the play also but for some reason figured that he had it made until he realized he didnt....

John813

Reaction score
Nick Ralston would of scored there while pulling a semi truck.

Cmac

Reaction score
The $90mil RB could also make a guy miss in the open field. But that was definitely pitiful by Jarwin.
That play broke down immediately.....but Zeke fault. Got it and not surprised. What a great OC we have!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah Zeke is a great blocker.

that’s great and all. But I don’t pay a RB the highest contract to block. I pay it to score TD’s

If he doesn’t play better. His contract is absolutely hurting the team.

Well like I said.....can you have some patience and give him a couple games.

I'm in agreement, Zeke needs numbers....that includes NUMBER OF CARRIES. There's a reason Emmitt was good...he had a ton of carries and gets better through the game. Jimmy knew that.

We either don't or can't....not all on zeke.

conner01

Reaction score
If the swing pass to Zeke on the other side hits him sooner he gets in
There were 5-6 plays you could say could have changed the game
Just like most games