The play no one is discussing

Gaede

Reaction score
Disagree I seen pretty good burst from Zeke early on, I think on that particular play he was waiting for the block that never came...

Zeke looked fresh and fast early. Obviously, 60 mins of blocking takes it toll.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
:hammer:

I just said the same thing in two other posts. that was a bad personnel combinatin by Moore....Jarwin sucks at blocking. everyone knows that, so why on a crucial play like that put him there to block where he can't block if his life depended on it...it should have been Schultz or even Brown who is a pretty decent blocker....Jarwin totally whiffed on that and zeke had no chance...hold the guy just 1/2 second longer and zeke is in for a TD....that was more on Moore than Jarwin.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Roses are red, violets are blue, Jarwin can't block, what else is new.
that's why that was a bad Personnel grouping that Moore shouldn't have had out there...it should have been Schultz or even Brown who is a better blocker than Jarwin......that's the difference between a good OC and great one

Proof

Reaction score
OMG, get the agenda out of here. Zeke looked explosive. Yes, he did a poor job of not beating the tackle on that one play no doubt, but overall he looked great.

And I'm not a Zeke homer. Seriously, you're seeing what you want to see.

i've been highly critical of zeke the last two years, but he was doing some really impressive blocking last night for sure.

JustChip

Reaction score
OMG, get the agenda out of here. Zeke looked explosive. Yes, he did a poor job of not beating the tackle on that one play no doubt, but overall he looked great.

And I'm not a Zeke homer. Seriously, you're seeing what you want to see.
Zeke might could have made a move, but what gets lost is that is a fundamentally solid tackling team. You just don’t see them miss tackles. Along with their outstanding front, it’s one of the reasons they are tough to run on.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
Zeke has some blame too. That was a backup DB that tackled him in the open field. I bet Pollard would've scored.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Disagree I seen pretty good burst from Zeke early on, I think on that particular play he was waiting for the block that never came...

Yeah it was actually one of the few times when patience backfired on him. Young stallion Zeke doesn't even wait for that block to materialize and just makes a bee line for the sideline. Patient Zeke waited and by the time he realize that Jarwin had completely whiffed the defender was in his face and he had no momentum.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well like I said.....can you have some patience and give him a couple games.

I'm in agreement, Zeke needs numbers....that includes NUMBER OF CARRIES. There's a reason Emmitt was good...he had a ton of carries and gets better through the game. Jimmy knew that.

We either don't or can't....not all on zeke.

I have no choice but to give patience since he isn’t going anywhere.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well like I said.....can you have some patience and give him a couple games.

I'm in agreement, Zeke needs numbers....that includes NUMBER OF CARRIES. There's a reason Emmitt was good...he had a ton of carries and gets better through the game. Jimmy knew that.

We either don't or can't....not all on zeke.
There were many times Emmit would be averaging 1-2 YPC in the first half. But, we weren't dumb enough to abandon the run back then. Z did not get enough carries.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yep, when I saw the replay I was not happy. All Jarwin has to do is get outside the defender and set the edge. Make the defender go inside. It almost looked as if Jarwin didn't know the play. If he knew where the play was going, he should have known where to be. Jarwin should have the advantage of positioning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz is a better blocker. He should have been in on that play. Coaches need to put their players in a position to succeed. You're asking for trouble having Jarwin in on that play.

edit: On replay it looks like Schultz was in on the play blocking on the inside. He probably should have been the outside blocker. Idk I miss Marty B lol.
He's better, but still not good. And the thing is they don't have to be dominant blockers, just help seal things off.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Both things can be correct at the same time on this subject, Jarwin completely blew his assignment and whiffed on the block AND Zeke could have and should have beaten the safety in a one on one in the open field.

Unfortunately it wasn't truly open field because the play is designed for Jarwin to hook his man and Zeke is suppose to attack his outside shoulder. Zeke saw too late that Jarwin had missed SO badly, first tried to bounce it then realized that wasn't there and tried to dip back inside.. The indecision did him in there. Yes he COULD have maybe broken the tackle.. but I wouldn't act like it's a foregone conclusion. Most strong safeties are pretty good tacklers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep, when I saw the replay I was not happy. All Jarwin has to do is get outside the defender and set the edge. Make the defender go inside. It almost looked as if Jarwin didn't know the play. If he knew where the play was going, he should have known where to be. Jarwin should have the advantage of positioning.
Which is one of the biggest reasons I've maintained that Schultz is simply the better player. Jarwin goes long better, Schultz is better in every other facet of the game. Especially yards after catch, that dude's a beast in getting extra yards.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately it wasn't truly open field because the play is designed for Jarwin to hook his man and Zeke is suppose to attack his outside shoulder. Zeke saw too late that Jarwin had missed SO badly, first tried to bounce it then realized that wasn't there and tried to dip back inside.. The indecision did him in there. Yes he COULD have maybe broken the tackle.. but I wouldn't act like it's a foregone conclusion. Most strong safeties are pretty good tacklers.
It's always hard to make a lot of fans understand that sometimes the other team simply makes a play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's always hard to make a lot of fans understand that sometimes the other team simply makes a play.

Yeah any play that doesn't net the desired result can be analyzed but fundamentally most of the time when plays don't work somebody on the other team doing something great had a lot to do with it.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I apologize for having high expectations of our highly paid players.
They are all highly paid. Some of them a little higher than others.

It was the first game of the season and we hung with the defending champs. I am not too pleased with the 31 points our d gave up but we played well against one of the top d's in the league.

Everyone has work to do to correct issues. We have 16 games to go. If we stay healthy, I honestly believe we will take the division. jmho

mrmojo

Reaction score
Zeke was a monster in pass protection....the goal line play was just poor execution...Jarwin should never be in on the goal line.

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke was a monster in pass protection....the goal line play was just poor execution...Jarwin should never be in on the goal line.
Signs are pointing toward Jarwin being a gimmick player, not a regular.