The play no one is discussing

Reaction score
There were several throws last night where the timing was off - either thrown too early or too late.

Dak would throw 7 nice passes and 3 bad ones, which has kind of always been true, but the middle of that line was getting pushed back too much. It's almost too much to ask for accuracy without a relatively clean pocket.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak would throw 7 nice passes and 3 bad ones, which has kind of always been true, but the middle of that line was getting pushed back too much. It's almost too much to ask for accuracy without a relatively clean pocket.
Brady threw some awesome passes with the pocket collapsing. You just have to do it sometimes.

Flamma

Reaction score
Which is one of the biggest reasons I've maintained that Schultz is simply the better player. Jarwin goes long better, Schultz is better in every other facet of the game. Especially yards after catch, that dude's a beast in getting extra yards.

I just don't understand what the dude was thinking. I played WR and I was an awful blocker. I fully admit that. However, with a play like that you don't have to be a good blocker. You can suck as a blocker and still set an edge. Just get in position and get in the defenders way. That's all he had to do. All he had to do is jump to the defenders right. Even if the defender runs you over you did your job. No way he gets to Zeke.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
It’s a TD if Jarwin even touches the defender in any capacity to slow him down. Instead, Jarwin might as well have not even been on the field.

9of11

Reaction score
Schultz should have been in on that play....I would think he is more game speed ready than Jarwin....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Signs are pointing toward Jarwin being a gimmick player, not a regular.

It does appear to be trending in that direction. If he's going to be this bad at blocking he can't be in on any running plays which makes him basically a human "tell" for the offense. Schultz isn't pancaking anybody but on Zeke's longest run of the night which was the sweep left Schultz motioned into the FB position and led Zeke to the sideline and walled off his man nicely to allow Zeke to zip past. Didn't destroy the guy nor did he need to.. Got in the way.. If Jarwin just does that Zeke likely scores on that play..

Cowfan75

Reaction score
OMG, get the agenda out of here. Zeke looked explosive. Yes, he did a poor job of not beating the tackle on that one play no doubt, but overall he looked great.

And I'm not a Zeke homer. Seriously, you're seeing what you want to see.

Talking about seeing what you want to see..."explosive". :facepalm:

eternaljester81

Reaction score
How do you expect him to do that when he has a free running defender coming at him and his back is turned? Jeeze. Take the bias out of the equation for a second. P.S with that piss poor blocking Pollard would have gotten blown up too.

Finally found an image after the catch. Zeke’s back was absolutely not to the defender.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jarwin missed a block.

Zeke failed to beat a DB 1 on 1 in the open field.

it was a very disappointing play. I thought it was a touchdown when I was watching the play develop. Honestly can’t believe they didn’t score there.
I can :(

RonWashington

Reaction score
Probably right, but Zeke looks slow. He might be "in great shape", but I don't think it was automatic that he gets in even if Jarwin isn't caught drooling.

I thought rookie year that’s a TD and Zeke’s doing the feed me schtick. Now ? Defenders seem to find him like mosquitos attacking you on a Texas back porch .

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
OMG, get the agenda out of here. Zeke looked explosive. Yes, he did a poor job of not beating the tackle on that one play no doubt, but overall he looked great.

And I'm not a Zeke homer. Seriously, you're seeing what you want to see.
And making up things they did not see

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pitch to Zeke. That is a sure TD if JARWIN holds his block. Moore should never use him in that situation again. Zeke gets in there and we have a completely different game. I think that would have been the difference. Jarwin either needs to get better at blocking, or put Dalton on the field in situations like that.
We did talk about it during the game, someone thought it was a decoy to throw off the D, seeing Schultz would have been a give away. I say who cares you put your best player in to run the play successfully. Dont know if that is what the Coaches were thinking or not, but it is questionable why you wouldn't have Schultz in there blocking on that play. Any way you slice it Sounds like another boneheaded coaching move to me.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Everyone in the Zone knows Jarwin is a pass catching TE. Blocking is not his strong suit, so why did Moore have him in for that play? Play call was fine, absolutely should have been a TD. Early in the season and I'm sure Jarwin will feel funny during this weeks film session. Don't ever have Jarwin in that situation ever again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How do you expect him to do that when he has a free running defender coming at him and his back is turned? Jeeze. Take the bias out of the equation for a second. P.S with that piss poor blocking Pollard would have gotten blown up too.
True

but fans here did that last year 2 dl would get into the backfield and touch zeke before he took 2nd step but hes supposed overcome terrible blocking. Show me the holes Thursday and ill laugh in fans faces..

anyone blaming zeke for low production last year or this last game has serious issues..i feel bad for zeke ridiculous fans worth no real football acumen.

Praxit

Reaction score
..benefit of the doubt, Tampa has some fast D players.