*** The Positive Cowboys Thread ***

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Coach Garrett said the coaches have focused big time on turnovers this offseason & they sure delivered last night. Ball hawking Cowboy D. Who knew?

brymatt94

Reaction score
Witten was once again always there when we needed him. I guess I find it amazing that even after ten years in this league, he still gets open and moves the chains. it was nice to see him get a couple of TDs also. Guy is a HOF if he keeps it up for a couple more seasons.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I keep going back to how amazing it is to put up a win like that with half our starting D Line out, but on top of that Ben Bass was definitely the top reserve lineman in camp and was out too. If you have a game like this with 3 of your top 5 or 6 Defensive Lineman out - it a great win and still has lots of room for improvement.

Fredd

Reaction score
thrilled with the direction of the defense; they ran to the ball and tried to strip it on almost ever opportunity...they can only get better

OLine with Waters could turn out to be something special

Note: I took Monday off from work, but it will be fun going in and saying "howdy" to the giants and Steelers fans this morning :D

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I can't remember when was last time Cowboys defense had 5 turnovers and combine total of 6 turnovers in a game.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
All of the above is great and I will echo the observation that the players are showing that they don't give up on a play (that's leadership) and that Tony took time to deal with Williams after his miscue (more leadership). Even better was William's savvy to duck an attempted spear by 2 DB's who knocked each other silly. It can and will get better.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
The slippery slope of this game and the statement we needed 6 turnovers to win is this: Just because the Giants had 3 quick drives in the 3rd / 4th qtr does that necessarily mean that we would have allowed them to score on the drives where the turnovers occured? Correct me if I'm wrong but not a single one of them occured in the endzone where it was definate that a Giant player would convert. I mean isn't part of the defense's job to force and convert turnovers when the opportunity presents? I will take a 6 turnover win vs any loss any day

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
T. Smith, T. Frederick, M. Austin, T. Romo, J. Hatcher, G. Selvie, N. Hayden, B. Carr, B. Church, D. Harris, D. Bailey, and C. Jones were the players who stood out to me.

Though it wasn't with great success, I loved the commitment to running the ball. Special teams did a nice job. Creating turnovers and protecting the ball will win us a lot of ball games and it did this one. All three phases of the team played with hustle and attitude. Loved how Dallas took the Bryant double team and used it to immediately showcase Austin and Williams. Somebody mentioned that they wished Dallas hadn't forced the ball so much to Williams and I couldn't disagree more. The Cowboys can not let the other team dictate what they do by taking Dez away. You have to punish them for it instead and Williams (The Garbage Man) has the speed to do just that. Gang tackling...the Cowboys were flying to the ball.

It wasn't perfect. It looked sorta like a team with a new look offense, a new play caller, a rookie center, a inexperienced LG, a speed bump RG, a new defensive scheme, a new defensive coordinator, a inexperienced DT and DE, and several guys coming back from injury playing their first game of the season against a good division rival. Pretty much what most rational fans without an agenda would expect!

1-0 and leading our division. Congratulations Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones, for the first time in several years I can say I like the team you've put on the field and the way it's been done.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I'm a Hayden fan. The guy reminds me of Russell Maryland with his nonstop motor.