*** The Positive Cowboys Thread ***

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The defense swarmed to the ball. I don't remember seeing that much last season.

Murray ran hard.

They can correct what was wrong & build on the positives.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
1-0 and a divsion win thats a great way to start the season. The defense gets TWO tds and 6 TO total, this is how you start a Monday.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I just wanted to quote this so more people can see it.

This is such a classic gif. It's right up there with the Colombo shot on Brandon Jacobs. lol

Someone should post this on the giants board and then tell us so we can all go there and bump it :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the way, I love this thread. It's really nice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
perfect picture of eli manning looking goofy as usual. Brandon carr sticking out tongue like jordan
BTuypGpCAAAyrhq.png

TheCowboy

Reaction score
how about hayden? i thought he did a great job.

all around, the hustle was fantastic.

and how about romo not forcing throws, taking what the defense was giving him, putting his team in position to win?

Hayden played great. In fact the D-Line was a huge strength for us. Not only are we wrapping up when we tackle we are prying the ball out in the process. Big D is back!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can Eli both look that unathletic and play at such a high level at the same time? It's really pretty impressive when you think about it.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Beating the Giants for the first time in Jerry World and doing it on a pick 6 was glorious! Eli's expression following the pick 6 was also a big positive.

honyock

Reaction score
Sean Lee. Bruce Carter. Selvie. Hatcher. Hayden. Tyron. Frederick. Romo to Witten. Miles and his healthy hamstrings. Harris on special teams. Eli with my new favorite reaction video. Six freaking turnovers. Thank you thank you, makes for a nice Monday morning.

And thanks Reality, I like this thread!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
This game is exactly like the games we've played vs the Giants in the previous 4 mtgs in our house. This time we found a way to overcome adversity and win. If you dissect any performance for all the winners of week one you'll see plenty of things that can improve. A 36 point performance sits well any day of the week.

The biggest positive that came out of this game to me was our trenches on both sides of the ball. I loved how well the lines worked and how they played with so much toughness. Our guys going for the strip on just about every play was a thrill to watch. Im very excited to see how this team will fully develop as the season goes along.

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
Tony, Mo, and Dez all survived serious injury scares...cannot afford to lose any of those three

Hoov

Reaction score
All around, nice play by the D-Line and some blitzes that got pressure quick.

T Smith had a nice game.

Special Teams were VERY GOOD

dogberry

Reaction score
Romo and Murray were happy with the noise. (sorry if repeat)

Proximo

Reaction score
What an awesome game to watch last night!

Couldn't have been happier to see all the turnovers. Absolutely loved the way the defense was constantly clawing at the ball carriers attempting to strip the ball out. Looks like the defense is playing with a lot more awareness compared to the last couple years.

We also looked a lot better in the trenches (on both sides of the ball) than what I expected. And the special teams proved to be a lot better than what they looked like in the preseason.

Definitely not perfect, but I'm liking this new defense and think the team is headed in the right direction overall.