*** The Positive Cowboys Thread ***

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
What's weird is the Saints D was swarming yest too.

Yet when Ryan was here we didn't do that that I remember.

I probably don't understand the x's & o's of pro ball enough to understand but our D last night definitely played much more aggressively.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
There was a play that typified the way the D played last night. 4 Cowboys defenders piling on the Giant with the ball, and all of a sudden Jason Hatcher comes running from the LOS to get in ot it! Loved it!!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
First things first,
1. Take monkey of back .... Check
2. Winning season opener ... Check
3. Getting a lead in the divisional race... Check
4. Beating the divisional opponent ... Check
5. Ugly ( hard fought) victory ... Check , gives coach more reason to kick behinds
And most of all
6 . Generating turnovers ..... Check :)

d_dub88

Reaction score
6 turnovers and a win (especially against the Giants). I love it.

dupree89

Reaction score
I havent read (yet) through every comment; this has probably already been mentioned, but I will say it again...

1. I wasn't thrilled with the announcement of Monte Kiffin, but the turnover mentality he has instilled is obvious. The hustle to the ball by ALL defenders was impressive.

2. And another positive with Kiffin: In his post gamer, among the first words out of his mouth were "we gotta play better on defense". Its refreshing not to have to listen to complacency because the team got a win. He wasnt afraid, after a win and getting six turnovers, to point out there were some problems with the defense that need fixing.

Thats a good job by this guy.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
perfect picture of eli manning looking goofy as usual. Brandon carr sticking out tongue like jordan
BTuypGpCAAAyrhq.png

Eli got Carrjacked!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I love ending a game with a bunch of shots of the Eli dumb face.

I wish I could like this a few more times.

There's this one: https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5xR75gfv-EmoWx-eQQML_MKIlc-B-FYhXlIZjz6B-VfoHI8oo

Then this one: https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3Rg-Tmo3VDfCSsrL0sPGe0CkIdp9_qk-vUKuLgeHyHh1amwXs

and https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1t11OwBetOmM68pPwywWcQFEvb5i--z1bNufupyIWmE1P5F7TlQ

the look of frustration last night
76486701.jpg
is more satisfying than the stupid ones. :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Took the day off work to watch the game. The sun is shining (I'm in Australia) and the cowboys beat the giants and simultaneously broke the new stadium hoodoo.
It's a great day!!!

Took the day off! Hard core Aussie Fan. Love it.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Great to see miles and jason witten play well. Witten looked fast in and out of his cuts. . I love the negativity I heard on espn this morning lol.. We will continue to improve ..

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I luved the play of the defensive line. You would have thought Ratliff and Spencer were out there given the performance.

FiveRings

Reaction score
The amount of Giants fans that tried justifying the game with "The Giants turned over 6 times and they still almost won", literally every fan I talked to used that excuse today.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Like all of you, it was a very long wait for last night's game and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the game. Loved the 6 turnover and I really loved Ware's INT on first play of the game, loved it, loved it!!!

Gaede

Reaction score
So impressed with the turnovers.

Saw a different attitude on defense last night. Fiesty, aggressive. Very very happy to finally get some turnovers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The amount of Giants fans that tried justifying the game with "The Giants turned over 6 times and they still almost won", literally every fan I talked to used that excuse today.

But isn't that true? We did get 6 turnovers and almost lost the game. Eli moved the ball through the air at will. But this is an optimistic post. Cowboys are 1-0 and lead the NFC East.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Kiffin has the defense swarming like pirahnas on a feeding frenzy! I absolutely love the spark he has given those dudes. Selvie impressed in the preseason and it looks as if its carrying over. Tyron manhandled JPP all night and the o-line already looks to be in better shape w/ Leary & Frederick added to the fray! Far from a perfect win but i'll live w/ the results every time!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I love the turnovers. It's been a long time since I saw a Cowboys defense play like that. It was great to see Austin have such a great game. we usually lose games like this but we won. Maybe the breaks are starting to go our way now.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I love that the defense actually generated turnovers. Its been forever. I think its a mentality that the coaches can instill into players; like the reports of making defenders pick up dropped passes, etc, just like it was a fumble.

The best part, other than starting 0-1, is that despite the 6 turnovers generated.... the defense, overall, still has a lot of room for improvement. Not that 6 turnovers a game is to be expected... but we got a decent defensive output... and still have room to grow. Could be a sign of good things this year, once the offense starts clicking.