The QB salary argument

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here’s one of my issues if the team decides to not pay Dak.

I have heard all the arguments that Dak wants too much money and it will hamstring the salary cap.

Well, Dak is one of the best players on the team (he is you know it’s true) and he plays the most important position in football.

So we are supposed to move on from Dak and risk the very real possibility of having worse QB play. So we can “sign other players and get better play on the rest of the team”

Really?

sign other players like who? DeMarcus Lawrence?

like Jaylon Smith?

like Tyrone Crawford?

These scrub bums have massive deals and DO NOTHING.

so y’all want to risk having worse QB play so our wonderful GM’s Jerry and Stephen can turn around and sign some more scrub, bum defenders who make a ton of cash and DO NOTHING?

How about DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith and Tyrone Crawford actually play up to their contract? If those 3 guys actually played to their level of pay. The cowboys defense would be legit good rather than giving up 5 touchdown passes yesterday.

But I’m supposed to hope for the cowboys to sign a worse QB or risk drafting one when they’ve shown little ability to do so, so they can turn around and give the money to defenders, despite the cowboys front office burning cash consistently on BUMS on defense?

that’s supposed to make sense?

Y’all worried about the cap are worried about the wrong cap management issue. Don’t throw 20 mil on DE’s who don’t get sacks.

don’t throw millions at a linebacker who doesn’t know where he is going and has made zero plays.

don’t throw nearly 10 mil at a BACKUP level DL player.

it’s a joke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not want to be mediocre.

What has Dak shown that makes anyone believe he can make a ton of money and us not fall into the abyss of mediocrity?

I may be a delusional Cowboy fan but I feel like Dallas has a better team than Seattle talent wise but the difference is Russell Wilson & they don't do bonehead things.

HungryLion

Reaction score

What has Dak shown that makes anyone believe he can make a ton of money and us not fall into the abyss of mediocrity?

I may be a delusional Cowboy fan but I feel like Dallas has a better team than Seattle talent wise but the difference is Russell Wilson & they don't do bonehead things.

Paying DE’s who do nothing 20 mil leads to mediocrity.

paying Lb’s who suck. Leads to mediocrity.

paying backup DL 10 million. Leads to mediocrity.

but yes. Refusing to sign Dak. So we can overpay more scrubs. Will lead to success right?

that’s the point of my post. Y’all think Dak is the reason the team is mediocre? When we have overpaid players on defense literally doing nothing to impact game’s, and then the opposing team scores 30+ points?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The simple fact is, if you want this team to win another Super Bowl, they need a better GM.

Paying Dak 40+ million per year would be peak Jerry.
If Jerry gave 40 million to Dak that would be the least of his concerns......

Out of all these guys that Jerry decided to pay...Dak was the one who should've got it. La'El Collins too even though in hindsight that looks stupid.....

There was one guy who deserved to get paid up to that point and it was Dak. Yet he's the one on a franchise tag.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks lost a 16 point leads....is that dumb or boneheaded? And also walking into a touchdown just to turn it into a touchback...probably the dumbest thing I've seen all year. Its the only dumb thing the Cowboys haven't done yet lol.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If the defenses don't slack off like they did the past 2 weeks, does Dak get 400 plus yards in each game? I'm thinking not. Having to overcome huge deficits where the run game has to be abandoned is only going to lead to one thing - inflated stats for the QB.

Now I'm not putting this loss on Dak's shoulders, but he had his chance to shine the last drive yesterday and he failed miserably.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, they offered him that contract. They offered 33 per year according to sources.
They offered it to him AFTER they got their deals. If the Cowboys were a smart organization they would've got in front of the deals Mahomes, Wentz, Goff got. Dak was the one who's contract was expiring before ALL of them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how you can watch last night's game - or really, the entirety of the league this year - and think you should pay money to anything but a QB, OL, and pass catchers. It's all that matters.

Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL and he did not make one bit of difference yesterday.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let’s put faith in the GM’s who overpaid Lawrence, overpaid Jaylon and overpaid Crawford. While passing on TJ Watt.

and who LUCKED into Dak because they wanted to start Paxton freaking lynch.

but yes. Let’s trust them to draft Dak’s replacement and then use the money savings to sign other defenders to big deals.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Paying DE’s who do nothing 20 mil leads to mediocrity.

paying Lb’s who suck. Leads to mediocrity.

paying backup DL 10 million. Leads to mediocrity.

but yes. Refusing to sign Dak. So we can overpay more scrubs. Will lead to success right?

that’s the point of my post. Y’all think Dak is the reason the team is mediocre? When we have overpaid players on defense literally doing nothing to impact game’s, and then the opposing team scores 30+ points?

I'm not playing that game with you because the money they make is nothing compared to what Dak is getting.

We can still overpay for some of those guys and be fine. Once Dak is paid you will hurt somewhere..

Look at Seattle. Russell Wilson is actually an elite player and they are screwed at the end of the day because they have no defensive potential and it's taken them 2 years under his contract just to get a Offensive line with a pulse.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If the defenses don't slack off like they did the past 2 weeks, does Dak get 400 plus yards in each game? I'm thinking not. Having to overcome huge deficits where the run game has to be abandoned is only going to lead to one thing - inflated stats for the QB.

Now I'm not putting this loss on Dak's shoulders, but he had his chance to shine the last drive yesterday and he failed miserably.
OH YAY THE GARBAGE TIME ARGUMENT MAKES ITS APPEARANCE

Almost made it 24 hours

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not playing that game with you because the money they make is nothing compared to what Dak is getting.

We can still overpay for some of those guys and be fine. Once Dak is paid you will hurt somewhere..

Look at Seattle. Russell Wilson is actually an elite player and they are screwed at the end of the day because they have no defensive potential and it's taken them 2 years under his contract just to get a Offensive line with a pulse.

It’s not “a game” it’s the truth.

The combo of Lawrence and Jaylon and Crawford make about as much as Dak does this season.

But hey. Yes. Let’s trust Jerry and Stephen to use the savings on Dak to build an elite defense. LOL

that’ll happen