The QB salary argument

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak outperformed Russell.

In everything but the final score. Last I looked you don't get anywhere by saying that you threw for more yards than the other guy or had more pass attempts or any of the other dumb stats you want to latch on to. What matters is which team WON THE GAME!! So yea, I will take Dak throwing for fewer yards and having fewer pass attempts and pick the Cowboys winning over his personal stat accumulation. I've seen this movie with Romo. Now like Disney you try to put in a different guy and tell me that this is better than the original. News Flash genius, it sucked the first time around and the remake is just as bad.

Brax

Reaction score
You’re right. Jerry and Stephen are on it. They’re gonna build that complete team.

just like they did when they had Dak on the hook for 2 mil a season.......... oh wait. How did that work out.
Not well they had to spend huge $$$$ on players on offense to hide Dak's warts. The D is not getting any better paying Dak elite $$$$. Dak at Good QB $$$ is a different story. It's a mute point anyway Jerry is paying Dak elite money at some point because Jerry is a fool who thinks Offense wins games and Dak is as good as Mahomes. Sad that expectations for QB's in Dallas is now good to average. Get ready for another 5-10 years of going nowhere and bragging about 9-7 and 8-8 records and stats that mean zero.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not well they had to spend huge $$$$ on players on offense to hide Dak's warts. The D is not getting any better paying Dak elite $$$$. Dak at Good QB $$$ is a different story. It's a mute point anyway Jerry is paying Dak elite money at some point because Jerry is a fool who thinks Offense wins games and Dak is as good as Mahomes. Sad that expectations for QB's in Dallas is now good to average. Get ready for another 5-10 years of going nowhere and bragging about 9-7 and 8-8 records and stats that mean zero.

Eh, we are past 2 decades when this team was last relevant. What another decade added to that? Personally I think people should tune out until Jerry is dead. Maybe the kids won't have the stomach to run the franchise and instead want the life of just spending money on booze, drugs and hookers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The most obvious one is his inability to master dropping back from center. In 4 games this season 127 pass attempts, the guy has a whopping 9 passes where he dropped back. How much does that limit what the OC can call for the guy? This is a guy demanding to be paid like the best in the NFL yet in his 5th year in the league has trouble with dropping back?
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You seriously don't know what you are talking about.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In everything but the final score. Last I looked you don't get anywhere by saying that you threw for more yards than the other guy or had more pass attempts or any of the other dumb stats you want to latch on to. What matters is which team WON THE GAME!! So yea, I will take Dak throwing for fewer yards and having fewer pass attempts and pick the Cowboys winning over his personal stat accumulation. I've seen this movie with Romo. Now like Disney you try to put in a different guy and tell me that this is better than the original. News Flash genius, it sucked the first time around and the remake is just as bad.
Hello, Einstein, Zeke rushed for only 32 yards on 20 tries. Plus, the Defense was horrible by allowing wide open WRs for easy TDs. We had no choice but to go pass heavy.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Hello, Einstein, Zeke rushed for only 32 yards on 20 tries. Plus, the Defense was horrible by allowing wide open WRs for easy TDs. We had no choice but to go pass heavy.

So Zeke had a bad game. I fail to see how that absolved Dak of his turnovers that contributed to the loss. The Seattle defense was horrible as well. Also we only went pass heavy because of the two turnovers that gifted them 14 points and put us in the hole. At that point what bleeding choice did we have?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You seriously don't know what you are talking about.

And you seem to have blinders on when it comes to Dak. Those aren't numbers I manufactured. Go look at it and see how many snaps he has taken this season out of the shotgun vs under center. This has been his weakness for a long time and has never been fixed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So Zeke had a bad game. I fail to see how that absolved Dak of his turnovers that contributed to the loss. The Seattle defense was horrible as well. Also we only went pass heavy because of the two turnovers that gifted them 14 points and put us in the hole. At that point what bleeding choice did we have?
Oh, so those turnovers were on Dak? The first INT where Amari took 2 seconds to finally get off the line of scrimmage and run his route which threw the timing pattern way off? Oh, and that stripped sack fumble that came from Dak's blind side due to Connor Williams getting beat?

Yeah, you sound like an Einstein right now. :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And you seem to have blinders on when it comes to Dak. Those aren't numbers I manufactured. Go look at it and see how many snaps he has taken this season out of the shotgun vs under center. This has been his weakness for a long time and has never been fixed.
Oh, sure. That's on Dak. Kellen Moore has nothing to do with calling such formation plays? Smh

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about the last interception. Should Dak have thrown it away or scampered out of bounds and lived for another play?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Why would it be a mistake to give your QB a massive deal and its ok to give Tank, Zeke and Jaylon massive deals? Frankly, if I was Dak I would have stuck to my guns as well. There is no reason why those underperformers got way above their pay grade and Dak is not getting what he is asking for.

I think when all this is all said and done, and Dak goes onto another team, wins games, and possibly win a Superbowl, there will be a feast of crows taking place in this forum.

I thought I was pretty clear. The Tank and Jaylon deals were terrible mistakes. Zeke was only marginally better.

If we give Dak a huge contract, Dallas is going to suck. If the team lets him walk, Dallas is going to suck. This has become a really tough situation for the Cowboys.

If Dak gets a massive contract from another team, I doubt he wins a superbowl there. If he does, there will be a lot of crow to eat and I would have to be at the table too.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh, so those turnovers were on Dak? The first INT where Amari took 2 seconds to finally get off the line of scrimmage and run his route which threw the timing pattern way off? Oh, and that stripped sack fumble that came from Dak's blind side due to Connor Williams getting beat?

Yeah, you sound like an Einstein right now. :facepalm:

Yea those were on him, the Int and fumble were on him. The Int because he threw behind Cooper allowing the corner to jump the route and the fumble well that's just Dak's usual MO.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea those were on him, the Int and fumble were on him. The Int because he threw behind Cooper allowing the corner to jump the route and the fumble well that's just Dak's usual MO.
Behind Cooper? Rewatch the tape. That ball was on his backside chest area. The problem was the DB broke in front of Amari since Amari stayed planted for 2 whole seconds at the line of scrimmage after the ball was hiked!

Pathetic blaming Dak for a strip fumble from his blind side not even 4 seconds after receiving the snap.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I thought I was pretty clear. The Tank and Jaylon deals were terrible mistakes. Zeke was only marginally better.

If we give Dak a huge contract, Dallas is going to suck. If the team lets him walk, Dallas is going to suck. This has become a really tough situation for the Cowboys.

If Dak gets a massive contract from another team, I doubt he wins a superbowl there. If he does, there will be a lot of crow to eat and I would have to be at the table too.

It's not a given that Dallas sucks if they let Dak walk. Anymore than the claim that we would suck if Romo went down. The problem is that people are afraid of the unknown and yes there is a possibility of suck if we let Dak walk, but we already suck. So at worse we have not improved and at best we find a young QB that can be built around, and if he is the next version of Dak we move on. Not sure why people have such a tough time not wanting to let go of mediocrity.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
2017.... zero 4th quarter comebacks
2018.....three 4th quarter comebacks
2019.....zero 4th quarter comebacks
2020.....one 4th quarter comebacks

Dak had 5 as a rookie and has been living off that ever since

If you want to do game winning drives (which is a BS stat)
2017... 4 GWD
2018....3 GWD
2019....0 GWD
2020....1 GWD

In his rookie year he had 5 GWD been living off that ever since

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=PresDa01

So is Dak to blame when he drives downs and takes the lead just to have his D give up another score. What about last years 2 game winning field goals missed. Or Wittens Fumble. Gallups Fumble. Coopers drops that turned into interceptions. Interference call this year on Gallup.

The point is this isnt on Dak. He is far from our problem. Im 5 not saying he doesnt need to work on a few things hear and there, but hes a top 5 or 6 qb in my eyes.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So is Dak to blame when he drives downs and takes the lead just to have his D give up another score. What about last years 2 game winning field goals missed. Or Wittens Fumble. Gallups Fumble. Coopers drops that turned into interceptions. Interference call this year on Gallup.

The point is this isnt on Dak. He is far from our problem. Im 5 not saying he doesnt need to work on a few things hear and there, but hes a top 5 or 6 qb in my eyes.

I think we need to let Dak go....why subject him to an inept team that perpetually let him down.

If its not the bumbling receivers you mention above, its the overrated O-Line that have the temerity of getting injured.

Garret held him back and now McCarthy has brought in to the conspiracy against Dak.

He's never had a Defense that has been championship worthy....apart for the year that his precious numbers were down, now some have mentioned that the Defense are doing this on purpose as they feel like the ugly ginger step-son in the whole set up of Cowboys football.

Even the Special Teams who assisted Dak with his One Man Victory against the Falcons decided to fumble kickoffs and miss kicks.

Lets be fair to him and let him go, (NY x2, Jacksonville, Washington or Indianapolis all have the money) maybe he'll find those teams more befitting his skills.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Yes yes, we get it everyone else was at fault. Not like Dak is part of the offense that turned the ball over, naw, he apparently lives in a parallel universe so didn't contribute to this crapshoot.