The QB salary argument

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sure. Ignore the falcons game.

Also ignore that he had the ball in his hands and gave the team the lead yesterday with 4 minutes to go. And guys making over 30 million combined (Crawford, Lawrence and Jaylon) and none of them made a single play. Not one. Just one play to stop the Seahawks and the game was won. And they made NONE

but you’re right. He didn’t give the team the lead with less than 2 minutes to go. So it doesn’t count right? It has to be less than 2 minutes Because the defense sucks and has overpaid players who suck
The Anti Dak crowd has an agenda to not pay Dak. Some of those guys if you remember the posts a few years ago would not have offered Dak a 20 million contract. As a Dak supporter my concern is he closer to Matt Ryan and Derek Carr then Mahomes and Russ. They are good quarterbacks but they are not beating Mahomes and Wilson in a big spot. The question is should you pay 40 million + and not be a Super Bowl threat. Like I said before this a NFCCG or bust year for Dak....

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You're the one making the false claims, so you either put up (film) or shut up.

Anyone can show a one off film that isnt reflective of the norm.

Dak fan's love stats like: 1) yards gained, 2) QBR rating 3) no. of interceptions.....but as soon as someone looks behind the stats they dont want to know.

Show me a winner, one that overcomes the excuses and i'll pay him $40m.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone can show a one off film that isnt reflective of the norm.

Dak fan's love stats like: 1) yards gained, 2) QBR rating 3) no. of interceptions.....but as soon as someone looks behind the stats they dont want to know.

Show me a winner, one that overcomes the excuses and i'll pay him $40m.
Like Patrick Mahomes?

Oh wait...he played bad during the Super Bowl. His WRs should have been MVPs. They bailed him all game long on so many bad throws.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Anti Dak crowd has an agenda to not pay Dak. Some of those guys if you remember the posts a few years ago would not have offered Dak a 20 million contract. As a Dak supporter my concern is he closer to Matt Ryan and Derek Carr then Mahomes and Russ. They are good quarterbacks but they are not beating Mahomes and Wilson in a big spot. The question is should you pay 40 million + and not be a Super Bowl threat. Like I said before this a NFCCG or bust year for Dak....

A lot of the posters you describe as "Anti-Dak" are really pro Cowboys. Like yourself this is the show me year. His fans were lauding Dak for trusting in himself.

Like yourself, i'd gladly pay $40m if he can get us to the NFCCG..... what I dont get is the Dak Regardless supporters who dont see that paying him more wont benefit the team.

As you say he's not an elite game changer (but he's not the problem either)....I bet Houston are loving Watson taking home $39m, when they dont have a running game and cant defend the run.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Like Patrick Mahomes?

Oh wait...he played bad during the Super Bowl. His WRs should have been MVPs. They bailed him all game long on so many bad throws.

You just dont get it.... when the game was in the balance he steps forward. He "played badly" :facepalm:, but is still able to orchestrate his offence to post a 21 point come back.

I see you're all about the yards and ratings rather than a winning mentality.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You just dont get it.... when the game was in the balance he steps forward. He "played badly" :facepalm:, but is still able to orchestrate his offence to post a 21 point come back.

I see you're all about the yards and ratings rather than a winning mentality.
Yeah, keep making up false assumptions.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Like Patrick Mahomes?

That must win post of the week. Even the most ardent Dak supporter cringed at that comment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You dont get that it's a team game and that he as QB orchestrated the 21pt comeback.

You see stats, I see results.
You bash Dak for putting up great stats, but you praise Mahomes for his team's accomplishments?

You've got your priorities mixed up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm::lmao2:

Id prefer the Cowboys to win rather than Dak achieve 6,000 yards.
No, duh!

How do you expect to achieve that? Just hand it off to Zeke? Or rely on this Defense?

Oh, wait...

You anti-Dakers favorite dumb idea...

Bench Dak in favor of Andy Dalton!!!

ROFLMAO!!! :lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Go to bed! :laugh:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yeah, like I thought. You Dak bashers have nothing other than you personally don't like Dak. You're probably some old Romoholics still heartbroken and upset that it was Dak who unseated Romo and forced him into retirement.
:laugh:

I personally love Dak. I think he's a good person, think he's a high character guy. That said, I think he also has limitations - serious limitations. Can you win games with a player like Dak at QB? Absolutely. Can you do it by sacrificing the largest chunk of your cap to him and expect him to carry the team on his own because you have no room to actually add the players you need around him? Not a chance in hell.

Screaming that Lawrence and Jaylon got a deal isn't an argument. A bad decision is a bad decision - Lawrence and Jaylon should have been given the Byron Jones treatment - a nice thank you and good bye. The issue here is what it has been for the last 20 years - the inability to evaluate talent combined with the inability to dispassionately make a decision to not sign below average and injury prone players to long term deals.

At the end of the day you don't sign guys because they are high character or have an awesome smile or look great in your uniform. You sign them for production, being able to show up on game day and do the things they need to do to improve. Daks done some of that, but he isn't ever going to be in the caliber of Russel Wilson or Brady or Brees or Mahomes or even Lamar Jackson - that's not an insult to Dak, anymore than saying that I'm never going to be able to have the effect on women that Brad Pitt has.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I personally love Dak. I think he's a good person, think he's a high character guy. That said, I think he also has limitations - serious limitations. Can you win games with a player like Dak at QB? Absolutely. Can you do it by sacrificing the largest chunk of your cap to him and expect him to carry the team on his own because you have no room to actually add the players you need around him? Not a chance in hell.

Screaming that Lawrence and Jaylon got a deal isn't an argument. A bad decision is a bad decision - Lawrence and Jaylon should have been given the Byron Jones treatment - a nice thank you and good bye. The issue here is what it has been for the last 20 years - the inability to evaluate talent combined with the inability to dispassionately make a decision to not sign below average and injury prone players to long term deals.

At the end of the day you don't sign guys because they are high character or have an awesome smile or look great in your uniform. You sign them for production, being able to show up on game day and do the things they need to do to improve. Daks done some of that, but he isn't ever going to be in the caliber of Russel Wilson or Brady or Brees or Mahomes or even Lamar Jackson - that's not an insult to Dak, anymore than saying that I'm never going to be able to have the effect on women that Brad Pitt has.

100% :clap:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

What are Dak's serious limitations you speak of? List them...

Hello? Dak outperformed Russell. Pretty easy to pass to WRs that are wide open all game long while you have all day long to sit behind a pocket and pick your wide open targets.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What are Dak's serious limitations you speak of? List them...

The most obvious one is his inability to master dropping back from center. In 4 games this season 127 pass attempts, the guy has a whopping 9 passes where he dropped back. How much does that limit what the OC can call for the guy? This is a guy demanding to be paid like the best in the NFL yet in his 5th year in the league has trouble with dropping back?