The Question on First Take today was. "Is Dak an already an All Time Great Cowboys QB?

Flamma

Reaction score
Only when Aikman was hurt.
Right. Tony was also hurt. Or he would not have been replaced by Dak. But Aikman was available to play against the Lions. I think he could have started against Chicago too, I forget. The big difference was that Tony was 37, and Aikman was like 25? No way Beuerlein was retiring Aikman.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Roger and Troy were folk lore Heroes deservedly so...the truth is you put any of the QB's listed on those 2 Cowboy teams and thier odds to win the SB go way up...Dandy, Danny, Tony, Dak all of them have a much better shot with either all decade team Roger and Troy played with..thats not a knock on them its just a fact..

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. Tony was also hurt. Or he would not have been replaced by Dak. But Aikman was available to play against the Lions. I think he could have started against Chicago too, I forget. The big difference was that Tony was 37, and Aikman was like 25? No way Beuerlein was retiring Aikman.
Doubtful. Bad knee injury.

BTW, Aikman came in against the Lions and was terrible. Most likely wasn't ready to play.

Flamma

Reaction score
Doubtful. Bad knee injury.

BTW, Aikman came in against the Lions and was terrible. Most likely wasn't ready to play.
He was ready to play. And I'm pretty sure it was against Chicago. There's an entire video on it with him complaining about it. Jimmy had to come to him and tell him he is the guy going forward. As far as him looking terrible. No one looked good all year against the Lions in Detroit.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Doug Williams won a Super Bowl for crying out loud. Career 38-42-1 record. Less than a 50% completion percentage. 100 TD's and 93 picks.

So we are to believe he is better QB than Dan Marino?

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
matter of opinion lol
No, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of stats:

Tony Romo career 2007 -2016 | Dak P. career 2016 - current
-Wins=78 -Wins=67
- Yards=34,183 -Yards=27,358
-Td's=248 -Td's=183
-Int's=117 -Int's=71
-Play-off wins=2 -Play-off wins=2

-Total games=156 -Total games=106

**Granted, stats don't tell the entire story, but it's only a matter of time until Dak surpasses Romo in all major passing categories, in fewer games played.**

kskboys

Reaction score
He was ready to play. And I'm pretty sure it was against Chicago. There's an entire video on it with him complaining about it. Jimmy had to come to him and tell him he is the guy going forward. As far as him looking terrible. No one looked good all year against the Lions in Detroit.
Players always say that they're ready to play. Does not mean that they are.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of stats:

Tony Romo career 2007 -2016 | Dak P. career 2016 - current
-Wins=78 -Wins=67
- Yards=34,183 -Yards=27,358
-Td's=248 -Td's=183
-Int's=117 -Int's=71
-Play-off wins=2 -Play-off wins=2

-Total games=156 -Total games=106

**Granted, stats don't tell the entire story, but it's only a matter of time until Dak surpasses Romo in all major passing categories, in fewer games played.**
In a much more wide open passing league w/ steadily increasing rules/calls to favor the O.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of facts. Stats change over time. When Romo first started, there was like season of 5,000 yds. 4,000 yds was an accomplishment. Now, it's a requirement.

Think, man. Vinnie Testaverde has more passing yards than Staubach, Montana, Fouts, Unitas, McNabb, Jim Kelly, and many others.

offlimits

Reaction score
1. Staubach-Aikman (they are 1A and 1B to me)
2. Meredith
3. Romo
4. White
5. Prescott
6. Morton
7. LeBaron

A few more playoff wins and Dak can move into the top three.

Now let me run out of here before I get hurt.
Danny White should be above Romo. What did Romo ever win? At least Danny White took Dallas to three consecutive NFC championship games. Had the defense been better in '81 they would have been in the SB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Players always say that they're ready to play. Does not mean that they are.
I'm pretty sure it was in a football life. Did they do an Aikman football life? I tried to find it and couldn't. But I'm not saying that's when it all emerged. I'm pretty sure everyone knew at the time.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think from longevity alone it makes him a great, but Dak needs to solidify himself by going on a Playoff hot streak.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Danny White should be above Romo. What did Romo ever win? At least Danny White took Dallas to three consecutive NFC championship games. Had the defense been better in '81 they would have been in the SB.
I give Romo a lot of credit for what he did early in the Jason Garrett years when Dallas was stuck in those 8-8 cycles. He was the only reason those Cowboys teams weren't three or four win teams then. Danny White basically took over a Super Bowl caliber team once Staubach retired; at least initially.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
In a much more wide open passing league w/ steadily increasing rules/calls to favor the O.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of facts. Stats change over time. When Romo first started, there was like season of 5,000 yds. 4,000 yds was an accomplishment. Now, it's a requirement.

Think, man. Vinnie Testaverde has more passing yards than Staubach, Montana, Fouts, Unitas, McNabb, Jim Kelly, and many others.
Even though your comment has absolutely nothing to do with this particular conversation, I understand the point you are trying to make. The problem is your argument is baseless, because anyone with the least amount of football intellect knows that all the players you listed are far better than Vinnie T. lol; Another reason your example is flawed is because Staubach played in a different era than Jim Kelly; Montana played in a different era than J. Unitas and so on.. **In the case of the Dak / Romo comparison, both players are in the same era of football. It was a passing league when Romo played, and it's a passing league now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Even though your comment has absolutely nothing to do with this particular conversation, I understand the point you are trying to make. The problem is your argument is baseless, because anyone with the least amount of football intellect knows that all the players you listed are far better than Vinnie T. lol; Another reason your example is flawed is because Staubach played in a different era than Jim Kelly; Montana played in a different era than J. Unitas and so on.. **In the case of the Dak / Romo comparison, both players are in the same era of football. It was a passing league when Romo played, and it's a passing league now.
Man, right in the middle of throwing really cheap childish insults, you contradict yourself. Are you off your meds?