The Question on First Take today was. "Is Dak an already an All Time Great Cowboys QB?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s fun to watch. You notice how some of the haters have disappeared? There’s still enough around to provide us entertainment with their lack of knowledge.
Oh yeah. They’ll be back after a bad game though…unlesss he doesn’t have anymore bad games…..:omg:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh yeah. They’ll be back after a bad game though…unlesss he doesn’t have anymore bad games…..:omg:
Stop it! Dak is not going to have any bad game this season. The team might fail him and if the team loses it won't be Dak's fault. Show some damn respect for once.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh, you mean me? Well, why didn't you just say it and stop beating around the bush. Now, you and Rockport can go play with each other and I'll leave you two be.
You’ve got some issues huh. Good luck with that.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I am too tired to argue about how stats in regular season do not equate to Superbowls or even deep playoff runs.

Dak is the greatest QB in Cowboys history ... there happy? Ok so now what?

erod

Reaction score
Dak is Romo 2.0 in my opinion. Both have the ability to crush bad teams, both could put up flashy stats, but neither one found a way to beat really good teams and constantly failed in the playoffs.
Romo beat Seattle, Indy with Peyton, Philly multiple times and several others.
And that was predominantly with much less talented rosters than what the other QBs on the list had.

He would have thrived with Aikman's teams.

Motorola

Reaction score

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Oh I liked Romo. It’s just what I felt after the bobbled snap. Just like I do now with Dak. It’s natural to have those feelings when you’re I see failure time and time again.
Yeah, no doubt that Romo was "an accident waiting to happen", lol. ** On a side note, when Romo decided to take a trip to Mexico during the bye-week before the Divisional Round Playoff game that we lost in 2008; Can you imagine the flack that Dak would get if he did anything remotely close to that?! :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah. The cowboys beat up on a horrible team playing a QB that probably wouldn't start for half of the FBS teams right now and it's a monumental accomplishment somehow :laugh:
yes, but after the game cd says he is the best wr in the league, people are saying dak is a all time great qb.
The giants games were jokes, daboll turns out to be a dud who thinks the problems are with his players ! Man dude look in the mirror and you will see your problem lol.

Now as far as dak being all time great, only in jerrys mind and a few obsessed fans would think and believe that.

But I want to say something, would aikman have won even 1 SB without Jimmy as HC AND GM ?? I dont think so, would staubach or morton have got to a SB
if landry and some of those other coaches had retired the year before? Just picture a jason garret type coach being brought in and jerry being gm !

All of those championship teams had a great defense. The offense gets all the credit , but those defenses won the championships, the offense just did its part.

Romo, and dak at first had to play with some of the worst DC and defenses in cowboy history ( and jerry and cap boy on top of a bad defense!
So how was Romo and early dak supposed to win a SB with just a good offense?? you cant.

With a better HC and DC and some more D players, Romo could have won one and maybe dak that 1st few years.
If jg was still here , even with a good defense and romo or dak they still wont get there.

Now dak has the defense to help him, but mike is kinda meh, so he has to step up to get the rest of the way there, can he do it , the defense is good enough..

About Romo he won the SB of life, which is actually better than winning a SB trophy . HOw many people make 25 mil a year to talk about football, a few days a week? As For Tony, he ranks right up there with the SB winners, as for the success he has had after he retired.
Just look at the story of the buffalo qb of the 90's, pretty sad story compare to Romo.

the guy flacco, won a SB but where is he now? Anybody talking about him? who is talking about Russel wilson?
the real winners are the ones that set them selves up for life after football, who cares what the fans think, they are not going to pay your bills, and that includes
the owner, other players, the nfl,or some SB trophy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh I liked Romo. It’s just what I felt after the bobbled snap. Just like I do now with Dak. It’s natural to have those feelings when you’re I see failure time and time again.
It was parcells fault , no starting qb should be the holder in any game much less a playoff game!
Parcells knew it and it was his mistake, so he quit and never came back.

How many qb's have you seen recently holding for kicks too?
They get tired beat up and maybe a hit to the head, so at end of game maybe they catch it, maybe not, it just isnt smart to do that. Then throw in
the slick ball and you have a recipe for disaster.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Roger Staubach is the greatest player to ever wear a cowboy uniform. if he played in today's game where the quarterback is ultimately protected like never before he would dominate like no other.

Troy aikman is next

Craig Morton went to two super bowls with two different teams he was an excellent quarterback in his own right

Danny White made it to three NFC championship games we haven't had anybody make it to one of them in a really long time.

Don Meredith was a great quarterback played in The ice bowl in a time period where there was no protection for the quarterback.

Tony Romo along with Jason Garrett his coach for most of his career did really nothing but waste the fans time watching them both underachieve.

Daks career is not over yet so there could be much good to come his rating in cowboy history cannot be accurate assessed until he retires and we can look at it and its entirety