The Question on First Take today was. "Is Dak an already an All Time Great Cowboys QB?

Bunston10

Reaction score
Danny white took the team to 3 straight nfc title games. So he accomplished more than Dak and Romo combined. Ironic that what was looked upon as a failure back in the Landry era would seem like a monumental accomplishment in the Jones “socks to jocks” era.
Bet Dak can't punt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was parcells fault , no starting qb should be the holder in any game much less a playoff game!
Parcells knew it and it was his mistake, so he quit and never came back.

How many qb's have you seen recently holding for kicks too?
They get tired beat up and maybe a hit to the head, so at end of game maybe they catch it, maybe not, it just isnt smart to do that. Then throw in
the slick ball and you have a recipe for disaster.
I always thought it was a Bledsoe thing. Either way, I think Romo would even say he didn’t bobble it because he was a starter. Just bad Cowboys voodoo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt that Romo was "an accident waiting to happen", lol. ** On a side note, when Romo decided to take a trip to Mexico during the bye-week before the Divisional Round Playoff game that we lost in 2008; Can you imagine the flack that Dak would get if he did anything remotely close to that?! :muttley:
Omg…he’d never let it down. People forget about it now but for awhile they gave Romo hell lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
I addressed that yes he had limited chances. The Cardinals game was a fluke. The Eagles game if you want to blame that crap on Dak so be it it’s one game. Dak has over 20 plus come from behind victories he had even a few last year were you in jail last or what happened?

Dak literally retired Romo in his prime. Now I gotta sound like a Romo hater because you guys want to revise history. Oh well the truth is the truth.
I'm not talking about just a comeback victory. I mean a final drive victory. As far as the Eagles go, I'm not even talking about that crap that happened at the end. I mean the drive before that. It ended like I expected it to end, a turnover on downs. How that game actually ended was very fortunate for us to even get to that point. But I don't blame him for that ending.

Steve Beuerlein also started over Troy Aikman. You don't replace a QB on a hot streak. Romo was like 37 years old. How much longer was he going to play? Plus without Zeke we probably don't win 8 games in 2016.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not talking about just a comeback victory. I mean a final drive victory. As far as the Eagles go, I'm not even talking about that crap that happened at the end. I mean the drive before that. It ended like I expected it to end, a turnover on downs. How that game actually ended was very fortunate for us to even get to that point. But I don't blame him for that ending.

Steve Beuerlein also started over Troy Aikman. You don't replace a QB on a hot streak. Romo was like 37 years old. How much longer was he going to play? Plus without Zeke we probably don't win 8 games in 2016.
Without the offensive line I’d agree. I can’t say solely Zeke. Romo was 34 I thought? But either way….they could’ve went back to him if he was the guy. Dak was young and Romo was at the end. They didn’t.

Flamma

Reaction score
Without the offensive line I’d agree. I can’t say solely Zeke. Romo was 34 I thought? But either way….they could’ve went back to him if he was the guy. Dak was young and Romo was at the end. They didn’t.
I guess they could have. But it was clear that Dak was the future, and Romo was on his last leg. Romo was born in 1980.

I guess they could have brought Romo back for another year or two, but chose not to. I can't tell you why they didn't. But I do think the entire team was behind Dak after 2016. I'm guessing that's the reason. But if Romo stayed, he should have easily been the starter. Dak is a lot better player now than he was in 2016.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He isn't ALWAYS on that level but right now I'd definitely say he is playing at that level imo. Which is saying a lot. Romo was elite. Right now Dak's playing like an elite QB. And I'm not going to bother arguing with people who want to use playoff wins as the most important stat to evaluate QB's.
To be fair, though, Romo wasn't always on that level either. He also had bad games. Like Micah said, I just like to bring the same energy for everyone.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Omg…he’d never let it down. People forget about it now but for awhile they gave Romo hell lol.
I still give him hell for it to this day. Romo enjoyed the celebrity more than anything. Like nearly everyone on the current roster, he lacked the passion and desire that Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, etc had. It was just a job and at the end of the day winning or losing didn't really matter.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Even some of us in the younger generations can watch Morton. No way was he better than Dak. You must be high.
Morton was good enough to lead Denver to super bowl 12 against Dallas. I'm not saying he's better or worse than Stats Prescott, I don't really remember. But I will say this - make Stats play under those old rules when the QB's were constantly crushed and Stats has a very short career. Imagine Staubach playing now under current rules. Holy hell..........

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dak and Romo are the same player, almost to a T. Do a few things differently but the overall product ends up practically as a carbon copy

Even though Dak has missed a lot of time the last 4 years, he’s still far healthier and more reliable than Romo. That’ll be the deciding factor if he plays a few more years to put him higher on the alltime Cowboy list IMO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I still give him hell for it to this day. Romo enjoyed the celebrity more than anything. Like nearly everyone on the current roster, he lacked the passion and desire that Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, etc had. It was just a job and at the end of the day winning or losing didn't really matter.
Man he went to Cabo on his day off wasn’t nothing wrong with that lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Morton was good enough to lead Denver to super bowl 12 against Dallas. I'm not saying he's better or worse than Stats Prescott, I don't really remember. But I will say this - make Stats play under those old rules when the QB's were constantly crushed and Stats has a very short career. Imagine Staubach playing now under current rules. Holy hell..........
Man if you can play in todays game you could’ve played in 1975 man lol

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Man he went to Cabo on his day off wasn’t nothing wrong with that lol.
Agreed. The Cowboys lost from TO Stilll reading from a high ankle sprain suffered against Carolina. Patrick Crayton dropping a sure td pass. A phantom offside call on Demarcus Ware which leads to a Giants td later that drive and bringing back Terry Glenn with 2 bad knees.

kskboys

Reaction score

Only when Aikman was hurt.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When the Cowboys had their greatest quarterbacks, regular seasons were nothing more than qualifying matches.

Cowboys quarterbacks are great for what they do in the playoffs, in championship games.

Aikman's best season? The postseason!

I love and support Dak, he's my guy but, please, don't make me say it.
And yet here we are still saying things without context and perspective try and Roger never had to play with a shaky offensive line because they were always physical they never had to play without a run game because Emmett Smith and Tony Dorset or hall of Famers they never had to play with a less than stellar game plan from less than stellar coaching they never had to play and overcome their team deficiencies with penalties and other things can we keep it real I believe that Romo or dak can be put on any of those teams and they would not have lost a step in my opinion I'm sorry but I am saying it

I am sick and tired of people making comparisons to two of our allegedly best quarterbacks to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys without bringing in the fact that they also played with a ton of hall of Famers and some of the best coaching staff in the history of the NFL which by the way came with a bunch of players who were the best in the NFL literally this was emmitt Smith's team in the 90s this was the offensive lines team of the 90s that helped Troy beat Troy when it counted... If you need an example just look at the last four games in which Prescott had to win the games on his own they are weaker teams but he played great against the Eagles and still lost

that happened in Green Bay his rookie year did it not he played very well they lost the game because of the defense 2018 lost the game because of the defense and the lack of an offensive line and the lack of a run game

2021 lack of an offensive line 11 penalty says so no run game says so being one-dimensional and also the defense giving up what was it 10 yards per carry in the first half?

2022 we're gonna blame that on Prescott again being one-dimensional where was the offensive line in the run game that Troy and Roger had?? Where was the better play calling and execution Prescott and Romo did not have it they never had it when they get it I guarantee they can succeed none of our quarterbacks carried the teams they had an actual team//.

Let's go recency bias let's say Matthew Stafford same guy is basically Romo and Prescott I'm sure I won't get much debate on that he had 20 interceptions with the Rams he had two in the Super bowl and they won the Super bowl why because of the team and the coaching when will this place ever admit that Romo and Prescott have not had the same advantages period end of story..