The "I Met Someone Famous" Thread

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Muhast;4640489 said:
Pretty cool that you actually hung out with them in a relaxed environment!! I bet that was a lot of fun

It was. we hung for a few hours and the rest of the year I rooted for the Bulls.

rynochop

Reaction score
Stood right next to Hakeem Olajuwon at a baseball card show back during the Rockets heyday. I dont think he was even there to sign autographs, he was just looking at cards. I felt like a little kid next to him and i'm 6'3"

JBond

Reaction score
Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Had dinner at Hooters with them. No BS. I used to work for Nebraska Furniture Mart and Buffet (he owns NFM) came to town with Gates and took the management team to dinner.

Buffett was a bit of a jerk and Gates was extremely nice. Very talkative.

wittenacious

Reaction score
JBond;4642143 said:
Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Had dinner at Hooters with them. No BS. I used to work for Nebraska Furniture Mart and Buffet (he owns NFM) came to town with Gates and took the management team to dinner.

Buffett was a bit of a jerk and Gates was extremely nice. Very talkative.
Now that's impressive. Did you get any good financial tips? If so, how 'bout you share and hook a brotha up. :laugh2:

Warren was probably just feeling a little put out because you were with a management team that got to dine with him on the cheap. You would know this, but for those who might not... check it out:
-
Cost to lunch with Warren Buffett: $3.5 million
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oX...com/os/152/2012/04/21/image001-png_162613.png By JOSH FUNK | Associated Press – Sat, Jun 9, 2012

The annual auction for a private lunch with the Nebraska billionaire
closed following a flurry of activity in the final hours Friday night.
In the end, the highest bid was a record-breaking $3,456,789.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/cost-lunch-warren-buffett-3-5-million-034012455--finance.html

JBond

Reaction score
wittenacious;4642185 said:
Now that's impressive. Did you get any good financial tips? If so, how 'bout you share and hook a brotha up. :laugh2:

Warren was probably just feeling a little put out because you were with a management team that got to dine with him on the cheap. You would know this, but for those who might not... check it out:

-
Cost to lunch with Warren Buffett: $3.5 million

<a href="http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oXh_6AJBHy_uEbdrklkymA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9Zml0O2g9Mjg-/http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2012/04/21/image001-png_162613.png" target="_blank"> By JOSH FUNK | Associated Press – Sat, Jun 9, 2012

The annual auction for a private lunch with the Nebraska billionaire​

closed following a flurry of activity in the final hours Friday night.​

In the end, the highest bid was a record-breaking $3,456,789.​

Buffett really had very little to say. I think he was not feeling very well. Gates surprisingly was the life of the party, so to speak. He was very engaging, and told story after story. It was fascinating to meet men of such wealth and just shoot the **** with them. I figured they would both be ego maniacs, but in reality (gates especially) they came across as normal guys. During the tour of the store Gates kept plugging in some new portable gadget into the big screens to see if it was compatible.

I don't know how much they spent on dinner but the helicopter ride could not have been cheap.

kilz

Reaction score
Met Jennie Garth as a 15 yr old in the height of the 90210 days. That was pretty special for a young impressionable man. Brought me back to reality a bit.

Met Jon Cena on a plane. Big Show, The Undertaker, and several other WWF stars in a Vancouver airport.

Ran into Renan Barao two Sundays ago at the Houston airport the night after he beat Uriah Faber for the belt. It was a bit embarrasing. I didnt recognize him. I was focused on a member of his entourage that was carrying the belt. I bypassed the guy (Renan Barao) that was walking in front of the belt carrier with a massive limp and a huge smile.

Ran into Gary Payton and Vin Baker at Jillians in Seattle.

Got my haircut next to Teddy Bruschi in college in Tucson. Had a class with former Cowboy TE Mike Lucky.

Saw Dave Matthews play in a dive bar in Willmington NC as a teenager.

Ran into Rico Suave and LL Cool J at a Miami Music Festival in 99.

RamziD

Reaction score
dreghorn2;4640023 said:
You and Ali are both pervs. :laugh2:

Old joke (one pervert to another); you know whats great about twenty-five year olds?

What?

Theres twenty of them.

(i apologize for offending anyone, its silly but funny)

Bobby Orr at a beergarden (for the Canadian and hockey crowd), and i once had Dennis Rodman throw a stripper at me.. true story.

Picked her up as in held her in his arms and lifted her over his head... not, "hey baby, looking good in that car seat" lol

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I would have to say Lebron James and Brian McKnight.

I used to host and run a Cleveland Cavaliers online radio show. I had locker room access and after one game Lebron and Chris Broussard were talking and I went up to Lebron and said "Go Cowboys" and he had a huge smile on his face and was really nice to me! We talked for a good 5-10 minutes about the Cowboys. I was able to talk to him some more throughout the season but the coolest time was after a game in the locker room the Boston-Miami game was on and there was under 2 minutes left and the rest of the media had already left so it was basically the whole team, me and my friend watching the Celtics-Heat game and it ended on a last second shot I believe so we were all going nuts :D

As for Brian McKnight....I am a concert photographer and I was just getting into it last year so I wanted to shoot my first concert of him because I am a big fan. So he actually toured with his brother Claude McKnight of Take 6 and I contacted Claude on Facebook if I was allowed to come to one of the shows and take some pictures. He replied and said that Brian gets a lot of different requests while on tour but he'd check with him. Of course being the persistant person that I am I kept on messaging him and luckily I was able to go to their show in Buffalo last July. It was an experience I will never forget as I got to take pictures during soundcheck, in his dressing room while he was waiting to go onstage and the entire concert. I even got to eat dinner with him and his crew :D Of course all of the concerts that I shoot now is just for 3 songs because when you go through the artist's publicist and whether you shoot for Rolling Stone or whoever you're only allowed to shoot the first 2-3 songs and for the most part have no contact with the artist.