The "I Met Someone Famous" Thread

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
DFWJC;4637640 said:
Yeah, those two elderly men wearing their service caps ( I assume from WWII) dwarf any athlete or person from hollywood as far as importance goes....not even close.
Depends on how you look at it...those two "elderly guys" may have done more for you than you'll ever know

DFWJC

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4637757 said:
Depends on how you look at it...those two "elderly guys" may have done more for you than you'll ever know
That's what I was saying.
They mean more than any celeb you can think of.

Sounds like you actually thougt I was mocking them via sarcasm.
No chance of that, Ron.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I used to work in the convention and trade show industry, so I have met quite a few...

Politics:
Ronald Reagan
Tip O'neill
Jimmy Carter
James Carville
George Bush 41
Dianne Feinstein
Charlie Wilson
Ann Richards
King Hussein of Jordan
Dave Treen
Edwin Edwards
Kinky Friedman
Pat Buchanan
Ross Perot

Musicians:
Rush
George Jones
Ray Price
Sara Evans
Mary Wilson
Chubby Checker
Ray Charles
Johnny Lee
Earl Thomas Conley
Vince Gill
Huey Lewis
Radney Foster
Marilyn McCoo
Oakridge Boys
Eddy Raven
Dionne Warwick
Jerry Jeff Walker
Garth Brooks
MC Hammer
Dolly Parton

Athletes:
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Thurman
Earl Campbell
Terry Bradshaw
DD Lewis
Cliff Harris
Charlie Waters
Walt Garrison
Michael Irvin
Alvin Harper
Derek Harper
Eugene Lockhart
Bob Hayes
Robert Newhouse
Mike Modano
Kerry Von Erich
The Undertaker
Derek Harper
Rodney McCray
Detlef Schrempf
Donald Carter
Spud Webb
Jerry Jones
Stephen Jones
Evander Holyfield
Grizzly Smith
Danny Hodge
Cowboy Bill Watts
Drew Pearson
Preston Pearson
Fran Tarkenton

Actors/Celebrities:
John Cleese
Park Overall
Tony Frank
Debra Winger
Jerry Springer
Larry King
Brent Spiner
Marissa Tomei
Billy Mumy
June Lockhart
Dick Smothers
Tommy Smothers

Others:
Jim Irwin (Apollo 15)
Peter Coors (Coors Beer)
Jim Koch (Sam Adams Beer)
Jake Leinenkugel (Leinenkugel Beer)
Matthew Polk (Polk Audio)

I'm sure there are others I have left out...

DFWJC

Reaction score
trickblue;4637816 said:
I used to work in the convention and trade show industry, so I have met quite a few...

Politics:
Ronald Reagan
Tip O'neill
Jimmy Carter
James Carville
George Bush 41
Dianne Feinstein
Charlie Wilson
Ann Richards
King Hussein of Jordan
Dave Treen
Edwin Edwards
Kinky Friedman
Pat Buchanan
Ross Perot

Musicians:
Rush
George Jones
Ray Price
Sara Evans
Mary Wilson
Chubby Checker
Ray Charles
Johnny Lee
Earl Thomas Conley
Vince Gill
Huey Lewis
Radney Foster
Marilyn McCoo
Oakridge Boys
Eddy Raven
Dionne Warwick
Jerry Jeff Walker
Garth Brooks
MC Hammer
Dolly Parton

Athletes:
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Thurman
Earl Campbell
Terry Bradshaw
DD Lewis
Cliff Harris
Charlie Waters
Walt Garrison
Michael Irvin
Alvin Harper
Derek Harper
Eugene Lockhart
Bob Hayes
Robert Newhouse
Mike Modano
Kerry Von Erich
The Undertaker
Derek Harper
Rodney McCray
Detlef Schrempf
Donald Carter
Spud Webb
Jerry Jones
Stephen Jones
Evander Holyfield
Grizzly Smith
Danny Hodge
Cowboy Bill Watts
Drew Pearson
Preston Pearson
Fran Tarkenton

Actors/Celebrities:
John Cleese
Park Overall
Tony Frank
Debra Winger
Jerry Springer
Larry King
Brent Spiner
Marissa Tomei
Billy Mumy
June Lockhart
Dick Smothers
Tommy Smothers

Others:
Jim Irwin (Apollo 15)
Peter Coors (Coors Beer)

I started to do this and gave up. It would be pretty crazy long, like this. Maybe 100 deep or so.
Part of it would just show I've been around awhile :eek::

Cool list though

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
DFWJC;4637810 said:
That's what I was saying.
They mean more than any celeb you can think of.

Sounds like you actually thougt I was mocking them via sarcasm.
No chance of that, Ron.
Great to hear man...guess I read it wrong...thanks DFWJC

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Bam Margera
Tony hawk- dude is super cool. Met him several times.
Chloe kardashian
Tom green
Emmitt, irvin, novacek, pearson, aikman

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;4637816 said:

Politics:
Ronald Reagan
Tip O'neill
Jimmy Carter
James Carville
George Bush 41
Dianne Feinstein
Charlie Wilson
Ann Richards
King Hussein of Jordan
Dave Treen
Edwin Edwards
Kinky Friedman
Pat Buchanan
Ross Perot

Musicians:
Rush
George Jones
Ray Price
Sara Evans
Mary Wilson
Chubby Checker
Ray Charles
Johnny Lee
Earl Thomas Conley
Vince Gill
Huey Lewis
Radney Foster
Marilyn McCoo
Oakridge Boys
Eddy Raven
Dionne Warwick
Jerry Jeff Walker
Garth Brooks
MC Hammer
Dolly Parton

Athletes:
Roger Staubach
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Thurman
Earl Campbell
Terry Bradshaw
DD Lewis
Cliff Harris
Charlie Waters
Walt Garrison
Michael Irvin
Alvin Harper
Derek Harper
Eugene Lockhart
Bob Hayes
Robert Newhouse
Mike Modano
Kerry Von Erich
The Undertaker
Derek Harper
Rodney McCray
Detlef Schrempf
Donald Carter
Spud Webb
Jerry Jones
Stephen Jones
Evander Holyfield
Grizzly Smith
Danny Hodge
Cowboy Bill Watts
Drew Pearson
Preston Pearson
Fran Tarkenton

Actors/Celebrities:
John Cleese
Park Overall
Tony Frank
Debra Winger
Jerry Springer
Larry King
Brent Spiner
Marissa Tomei
Billy Mumy
June Lockhart
Dick Smothers
Tommy Smothers

Others:
Jim Irwin (Apollo 15)
Peter Coors (Coors Beer)

Show off..

wittenacious

Reaction score
Rynie;4638014 said:
Bam Margera
Tony hawk- dude is super cool. Met him several times.
Chloe kardashian
Tom green
Emmitt, irvin, novacek, pearson, aikman
Didn't you go to the Jason Witten signing event a few months back?

Also, you almost met Romo in Walmart the other day... that close...sorry, bad memory. :banghead:

rkell87

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot nolan ryan! Im from Alvin so it isn't uncommon to see him around. Also aly and aj from Disney cut in front of us on a ride at Disney world

rynochop

Reaction score
Ultimategamer5567;4637860 said:
Does anybody consider it worth anything to have met Seth MacFarlane?

Sure, there's several people on here I've never even heard of.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the band Clutch and after seeing their show in Columbia, MO I ran into the lead singer (Neil Fallon) on the way to his bus. I was dumbfounded and had no idea what to do or say to him. Luckily I brought it together enough to have my wife snap a pic.

I'm a nascar fan to and have met Matt Crafton, Paul Menard, and Robby Gordon a couple times at our local Menard's.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Won't mean much to most on here but when I played youth football Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone one of the Lisbon Lions (Nickname for the Celtic team that became the first non Latin team to win the European Cup in 1967) and one of the best players to ever grace a football pitch presented the awards at our end of season dinner. Despite only being around 5'5 the guy was an absolute giant and still a really humble man.
To give you an idea of the regard he was held in heres a link to pictures showing the numbers that lined the streets for his funeral procession.
http://gallery.glasgowguide.co.uk/i...e_srch=&srch_date_st=&srch_date_en=&cat_id=3&

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Randy White and John Dutton were the first Cowboys i ever met. Was with 2 college friends and we had driven to Philly to see the Cowboys play at the Vet. We had gone to Atlantic City the night before and got to the Vet at like 7 am. Nobody was around really. We were just walking around the stadium and a cab pulled up and out got these 2 big guys. Since we were the only ones around they talked with us a few mins before going in the stadium.

Met Tom Landry a couple of times.

Drew Pearson, Charlie Waters, Danny White.

I still need to meet Roger Staubach!!!!

Michael Irvin his rookie year outside of RFK after the Boys/Skins game. I had a full page picture of him from the Dallas Cowboy Weekly and he was happy to autograph it for me. He commented on how good he looked in the pic and some other arrogant stuff. Nice autograph tho.

Troy, Emmitt, Novacek, Moose, Haley, pretty much all the guys from the early - mid 90's teams. Barry Switzer, Bill Bates.

Jack Ham, Steelers linebacker. He was on the same plane I was on going to Super Bowl XXX. Nice guy but it brought back pain form those 2 Super Bowl losses in the 70's.

Heath Evans is a member at our church in WPB. When we had the baby dedication for my son Heat and his wife were dedicating their 2 girls. He stood right next to me. That was the off season when the Pats signed Randy Moss - he was pretty pumped about their team. When I mentioned the Cowboys, I could tell that he didnt think highly of Jerruh, or the Cowboys.

Joe Gibbs.

I built an upholstered headboard for Raymond Floyd and was at his house on Palm Beach. Got to see all of his trophies and awards. Also did some upholstery for Mark Calcavecchia and his wife. Still have his wife's cell phone # in my phone. Did a cushion repair for Celine Dion but didn't meet her.

Many, many MLB ball players, probably well over 100.

Met Billy Martin in the afternoon before a Yankees game and he smelled like a brewery. And he was managing the game that night.

Met Mike Schmidt last year and he still looks like he could play.

Had the opportunity to go to the home of Brooks Robinson briefly as a jr high kid. My dad had spoken at a church in Balt one Sunday and we went over to some friends for lunch/dinner and one of their daughter's was in the same class at school with one of Brook's sons. I didnt believe her so she took me on bikes over to see Brook's house. He was out mowing his grass with a Lawnboy mover. We went back later to meet him and get some balls signed.

Met Cal Ripken numerous times. Jim Palmer. Eddie Murray. All of the Orioles greats.

Pat Kelly that played on the Orioles 79 WS team was a friend of mine. Actually had him in my home here in Florida.

Willie Mays is a nasty old bitter man. Willie Stargell also. Barry Bonds is the worst of the worse. Bo Jackson is a world class jerk, as was Kirby Puckett.

NASCAR drivers - Dale Sr., DW, Bobby Hillin, Mike and Kenny Wallace, and a few others.

NHRA - Big Daddy Don Garlits, John Force, Courtney Force, Cruz Pedregon, Tony Schmacher, Matt hagan, Spencer Massey, Antron Brown, Robert Hight, Hillary Will, Clay Millican, Cory Mac, Ed McCullough, and some others.

Kathy Ireland.

Charles Duke - Apollo 16 - 1972 - one of the astronauts who has walked on the moon. Met him in the Bahamas. He was speaking at a dedication for a planetarium for a missionary school that had just been completed.

Met Mike Huckabee a few years back. Had him sign a couple baseballs.

Trace Adkins - signed a baseball for me and put "Chrome" under his signature.

Edited: sorry for the long post

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
wittenacious;4638120 said:
Didn't you go to the Jason Witten signing event a few months back?

Also, you almost met Romo in Walmart the other day... that close...sorry, bad memory. :banghead:
I never made it to the Witten signing. I couldn't find the Dunkin Donuts. I tried to use GPS on my phone (I LOATHE GPS), and it kept taking me in circles, which just further confirmed my hate of GPS. I just need directions, which I didn't look up beforehand. Romo...gah, that still pisses me off. :D

Reaction score
rynochop;4638232 said:
Sure, there's several people on here I've never even heard of.

I met him last year. It was the same day - but a few hours before - he went on Jimmy Kimmel Live. At the time I was living out in California close to where they do the show, and I was out with a couple of buddies eating at this places called Mastro's - fantastic food. And right as we were leaving, here comes Seth with his entourage. At first, we were kinda shocked to see him (dude, it's the creator of Family Guy!!!), but then we walked up and introduced ourselves. Had a nice, short chat, then we headed on. He's really friendly.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Good thread.

Growing up in Dallas, I've been lucky enough to have had interactions with a healthy list of Cowboy players/coaches in various ways. Randy White and "The Beautiful" Harvey Martin I know/knew from frequenting a particular restaurant and sharing Lbs of crawfish at the bar.

Ed Jones, I literally crashed his annual Memorial Day weekend party because the girls father's house I was supposed to going to had no address, and was right next door.

I dated Peri Gilpin (Roz, from Frasier), in the early 80's, and visited her 3-4 times after she moved to LA, right after Frasier debuted in 91-92.

One visit, she called me at my hotel at the last minute prior to a lunch date, and told me she had to cancel because a friend was coming over to "read" for a script they'd been needing to work on. She suggested I pick-up some food for 3, and come by her condo.

When I got there I knocked on the door, and just about swallowed my tongue when her "friend", Heather Locklear answered the door. :omg:

Two people I've been lucky enough to have dinners with, that left a huge impression on me.

1975, Wernher von Braun, father of the V-2 rocket and later the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the moon. I had just turned 15 and it took me until the next day to think about it, but I had just sat at a huge table, ate and shook hands with a man that likely had done the same with Hitler. Kinda freaked me out. :confused:

About 2005, I went to an aeronautical museum fundraising dinner my dad's boss was the chairman of. Sen. John Glenn was the honoree. It was cool to be able to spend about 90 mins with him and Mrs. Annie Glenn and a smaller group of other folks prior to.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
trickblue;4637816 said:

A buddy of mine's female roommate dated a guy that worked in that industry. He traveled like 3-3 1/2 weeks, then would have 7 days off and come stay with her.

He had a big 'ol list like that of ppl he'd met on the job.