Ozzys Osbournes tour bus
Scandor Akbar
Karl Von Krupp
Cowboy Bill Watts
The Assassin{Jody Hamilton}

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
back in 1996 i got to meet ty murray and shake his hand.

also got to talk to adam and gilbert carrillo.

they are as identical twins as you can get.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
The Emperor and Andrea Mitchell from NBC News after she won the top award at the 2011 National Press Foundation's banquet:

Picture%205.png

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I hung out and drank with the some of the Chicago Bulls one night (the year they set the record of 72 wins). Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr (nicest guy), Jack Haley, Dennis Rodman and Jeb Beuchler

Met Eric Williams and Mike Tyson too.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Besides some Cowboys' players over the years, the one I'm really happy about is Gregg Allman. I was working at a gas station located next to a hotel where he and his band were staying after a concert here in Charleston. Some of the roadies came over and bought some beer and munchies. They told me I should come over and party with them. I told them I couldn't because I had to keep the place open.

About 15 minutes later Gregg Allman himself and a couple of band members came over and drank a couple of beers in the store with me. He was so down to earth (and drunk/stoned). I came very close to closing the store down and going to his room and party the night away. This was in 1982 and I was just about to enter basic training in the Air Force so it probably a good thing I didn't party with him.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I don't recall a single famous athlete I met...I met kings, queens, princesses, princes, dukes, barons ( King Faad for example)...Generals (Omar Bradley...for example) and children of former famous people (Rommel...for example) many many politicians..I don't recall any musicians off the top of my head either.. I got to have more than my share of long semi private talks with many of them...some folk surprsied me with their depth...others not so much... some would be famous in any time they were born others just sorta of fell into it. All in all I would say my life has been enriched for it as I learned some things that I might not have other wise learned.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
RamziD;4636752 said:
Muhammad Ali picked up my fiancée in the Las Vegas airport when she was an infant. Lol...that's all I got...

You and Ali are both pervs. :laugh2:

Old joke (one pervert to another); you know whats great about twenty-five year olds?

What?

Theres twenty of them.

(i apologize for offending anyone, its silly but funny)

Bobby Orr at a beergarden (for the Canadian and hockey crowd), and i once had Dennis Rodman throw a stripper at me.. true story.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I processed aj allmendingers dwi then a few months later saw him at a panthers game on sideline and he was a nice guy with an extremely hot wife who turns out to be a chiropractor in my town. Jimmie Johnson at panera bread he's not what you expect and dale jr at a place called vinnies raw bar what a dick, and what's really funny is they list him around 6ft tall and he can't be 5'8.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Joe Realist;4639752 said:
I hung out and drank with the some of the Chicago Bulls one night (the year they set the record of 72 wins). Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr (nicest guy), Jack Haley, Dennis Rodman and Jeb Beuchler

Met Eric Williams and Mike Tyson too.

Pretty cool that you actually hung out with them in a relaxed environment!! I bet that was a lot of fun

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mountaineerfan;4640093 said:
I processed aj allmendingers dwi then a few months later saw him at a panthers game on sideline and he was a nice guy with an extremely hot wife who turns out to be a chiropractor in my town. Jimmie Johnson at panera bread he's not what you expect and dale jr at a place called vinnies raw bar what a dick, and what's really funny is they list him around 6ft tall and he can't be 5'8.

Most racers aren't very tall. Michael Waltrip is probably the exception. Dave Blaney has a brother that races/ed sprint cars and he was 6'7.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I once picked up former UN Ambassador Jeanne Kirkpatrick at the St Louis airport and drove her the 3 1/2 hours to my campus, and also guided her around for a bit. We had very interesting conversations along the way. Nice lady.

Met and had dinner and a long post dinner conversation with Ann Coulter last April with a group. In person, she's very nice and is really funny.

I've also dined with Bay Buchannaan, met David Limbaugh, and a few other political commentators. Met loads of political figures, but nothing above the level of a Senator or Cabinet Secretary.

In terms of religious figures, I've met and talked with Ravi Zacharias and Chuck Swindoll.

I was on my way to a Cowboys game and ran into Ben Stein in the DFW airport. We talked briefly. He also was very kind and gracious.

Met and have autographs from Charlie Waters and Walt Garrison.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Oh, yea, and around 1976 or so I ran into Vincent Price one night in front of the IHOP in Lubbock,Texas. A little surprised, I turned to him and said, "Hey, you're Vincent Price"--like he didn't know that. He just kinda looked at me and kept on walking. I sure I creeped him out. Guess he's creeped out more people in his life.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DFWJC;4637312 said:
Having lived in New Olreans and Dallas for a combined 28 years, I have many, many stories. I guess it depends on who you think is "famous".

Name dropping can get very old and very boring, but there are some funny stories.

Maybe if I plug in an "infamous" person or two? lol They weren't nearly the most famous people that I've met (actually played pickup hoops with Jordan before and have met three presidents, for example) they made a good story.

I used to ride in the Endymion parade during Mardi Gras. One year, there was a casual Riverboat party for the crew, sponsers and special guests.

My table of 6 included a buddy of mine and his fiancee, me and my girlfriend at the time, and.....
Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee. :laugh2:

Now THAT was a party.....some comical stuff went on that night and the next day when we all where riding in the Parade--which ended in yet another party on the Superdome floor.
Not sure why I had Pam Anderson on my mind when it was Heather Locklear that was there. Not at all alike.
Anyway, no big deal...just a goofy story and a good time.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Met and had iced tea with John Wayne and family. He was a real gentleman to a wide eyed 12 year old.

Traded puns with Dennis Hopper (and he was good!) when he was making Chainsaw Massacre II.

Met Col. Lewis Millett, the Medal of Honor winner for the last American bayonet charge (in Korea).

Met a Russian military man, Col. Sinkin, who was a tank commander at Kursk in WWII, and also the bagman for the Soviet intelligence while serving at the UN.

George H. W. Bush had dinner at our house; met him, but was not invited to the soiree.

Got to hang out with Count Basie and band at a party after a show.

Also have met a ton of Austin area musicians, and a ton of writers and artists (mostly F&SF).

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Julius Erving and Greg Pruitt.

Loved them both as a kid and it was a thrill meeting them.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4637490 said:
What got deleted?

Nothing, it's all good. He is just sort of a private guy and I know his family...very cool people. Very down to earth, smart and loving people. I remember them being a great influence on me growing up.. them and his aunts and uncles who I also miss a lot.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I have met so many famous people in my life but the most famous was George W Bush. Spent a few minutes with him and he was one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Continuing the silliness, i forgot to mention that i got drunk with William Hurt the night he was arrested for a DWI, fun guy.. big drinker at that time.