The Rams and Eagles are coming up in the next 2 weeks

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I literally know Eagle fans who admit they get more enjoyment watching Dallas lose over the Eagles winning. Crazy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We’re catching the Rams at a good time they’re not playing well and neither is Stafford. We’ll see if we can take advantage of it. As for Philly they’re flying high we’ll need to be riding a wave of momentum to beat them. A win over the Rams on Sunday could give us just what we need heading into Philly.

I'd imagine that we will take advantage of the Rams situation. That being said, it's going to be tough. I think we are in the hardest stretch of our schedule these next two weeks. Luckily, as I look at our schedule, our next hard games after the Rams and Eagles are the Packers and maybe the Jaguars or Titans. Even then, I'm not that worried. With the Jaguars, Lawrence is good, but he's a turnover machine, nor is he clutch down the stretch. So, Parsons and Diggs should be able to handle that. As for the Titans, if we shut down Derrick Henry, then we should be able to win that. So, by and large, our only opponent that I'd really be concerned about, besides LA and Philly is probably the Packers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd imagine that we will take advantage of the Rams situation. That being said, it's going to be tough. I think we are in the hardest stretch of our schedule these next two weeks. Luckily, as I look at our schedule, our next hard games after the Rams and Eagles are the Packers and maybe the Jaguars or Titans. Even then, I'm not that worried. With the Jaguars, Lawrence is good, but he's a turnover machine, nor is he clutch down the stretch. So, Parsons and Diggs should be able to handle that. As for the Titans, if we shut down Derrick Henry, then we should be able to win that. So, by and large, our only opponent that I'd really be concerned about, besides LA and Philly is probably the Packers.

Despite how the Rams have played this is going to be a very difficult game for the Cowboys to win. We’re on the road with a backup QB and the Rams need this win. The way the league is you have to be concerned with everyone. We’re only four games into the season and only one team is undefeated and that’s Philly. We haven’t had an easy game yet, all our wins have come down to the fourth quarter.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Despite how the Rams have played this is going to be a very difficult game for the Cowboys to win. We’re on the road with a backup QB and the Rams need this win. The way the league is you have to be concerned with everyone. We’re only four games into the season and only one team is undefeated and that’s Philly. We haven’t had an easy game yet, all our wins have come down to the fourth quarter.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I think the Rams are going to be very difficult, especially with it being in LA.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Really? There are no Cowboys threads on the Eagles main forum up until the week we play them, yet there seems to be 1-2 eagles threads a day that pop up here. Who are the eagles fans who are talking up that game more than what you guys have been going on about it?
We were about you fools next week.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Really? There are no Cowboys threads on the Eagles main forum up until the week we play them, yet there seems to be 1-2 eagles threads a day that pop up here. Who are the eagles fans who are talking up that game more than what you guys have been going on about it?

With at least half of the threads talking about how good to elite the Eagles are as a team though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldnt exactly call the defending champs a "trap game".

As usual fans are living in the moment. We’re on a three game winning streak and the Rams are coming off a loss and haven’t played well this season. At least one fan has us winning by multiple scores despite the fact we’re playing with a backup QB and haven’t scored more than two TDs in any game this season

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
As usual fans are living in the moment. We’re on a three game winning streak and the Rams are coming off a loss and haven’t played well this season. At least one fan has us winning by multiple scores despite the fact we’re playing with a backup QB and haven’t scored more than two TDs in any game this season

I don't see the Cowboys winning by blowing out any team, unless they can start to prove otherwise with winning a couple of games multiple scores/TDs due to a good offensive performance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't see the Cowboys winning by blowing out any team, unless they can start to prove otherwise with winning a couple of games multiple scores/TDs due to a good offensive performance.

Our offense hasn’t been near good enough to pull away from anyone. We’re not scoring a lot of points. Hard to pull away when you’re scoring only one or two TDs per week and are settling for a lot of FG attempts.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles and their fans which are the worst in the NFL.

Are you sure, brother? I don't look on their board for what they say about their team, but we have some terrible fans here too. Here's some proof.
Rams win by 4 or more points
81 vote(s)
44.8%

Almost half the board thinks we will lose by more than 4 points. :facepalm:

GO COWBOYS! OORAH!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Rams and Eagles are coming up in the next 2 weeks. The Cowboys are 3-1. With this defense, I think the Cowboys can beat the Rams. Their offensive line is offensive. Our strength is the pass rush. The offense is not going to need to score too many points to win. Just my opinion.

The Eagles are a different story. As much as I hate to say it, they are a good team. Their strengths are against our weaknesses. They can run the ball and our weakness on defense is stopping the run. The only weakness, but a significant weakness. Hurt’s is a mobile QB which we have struggled against so far. Daniels hurt us time after time until Quinn put a spy on him. They can stop the run and our run game has been anemic so far. To Kellen Moores’ credit, he’s stuck with the run. He needs to continue to do that or the play action pass will not work.

I hate the Eagles and their fans which are the worst in the NFL. I mean they cheer an opposing teams injuries. They are the lowest of the low and I hope we beat the **** out of them.
Finally I can honestly state that the secondary for Dallas fully in the Philadelphia game. The safeties and corners are playing strong ball.

The Cowboys should still be able to stay in the heart of both of these two games...if they keep putting their pants on one leg at a time.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Are you sure, brother? I don't look on their board for what they say about their team, but we have some terrible fans here too. Here's some proof.
Rams win by 4 or more points
81 vote(s)
44.8%

Almost half the board thinks we will lose by more than 4 points. :facepalm:

GO COWBOYS! OORAH!!

So because people express their opinion that deals with reality and not simple homerism they are bad fans? Give me a break.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think (hope for) a split of the next two.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yep Rocky I'm an agreement I think we stand a fair chance of being able to beat the Rams but the eagles are another story if we could beat the Rams that would set things up pretty nice for DAk to return against the Lions.
I think Rams are beatable. Eagles are going to be tougher. we are not great against the run. against Jones we had a touch time containing him, although we pressured him a lot, but hurts will take off and hurt us (no pun intended). and eagles have a great OL.

we could pull off the rams game, if defense plays like they did against washington and we contain their runs to the outside. so going 1-1 and ending up 4-2 at that juncture would be exceeding everyone's expectations from preseason