The Rams are a model for the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think it will make a difference. I could be naive, but I don't see the talent here being the problem. We lack leadership. We are not getting it from the coaches and we don't have players that step up that give it in place of the coaches. We can't trade for a quarterback who would get angry if everyone is not playing at playoff levels because of a bad contract. Usually your QB would be the #2 leader after coaching. So we would have to get FA that have both talent and leadership traits that could step in for the QB and coaching.
Tough to argue. No doubt leadership is greatest obstacle. And why I’d like to try with more infused talent.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Stafford and Romo had similar career paths. Good to awesome in regular season, bounce off in 1st or 2nd round of playoffs due to defense or an interception. We missed a window to be aggressive in FA when Romo was here. Put Jason Garrett on the Rams team, results will still be the same due to the talent they have.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The rams model works because the owner is sane enough to realize he’s not a football guy.

Our model would work too if the owner was sane enough to realize he is not a football guy. As you well know from seeing your own take on it, as long as the Owner is the leader of the team instead of the Head Coach the winning culture just does not form...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our model would work too if the owner was sane enough to realize he is not a football guy. As you well know from seeing your own take on it, as long as the Owner is the leader of the team instead of the Head Coach the winning culture just does not form...
It’s a simple truth that somehow escapes our HOF owner.

kwcool619

Reaction score
The Rams have a planning for winning. The Bengals are doing things after 5 bad years. They are building from the bottom to the top. What's Jerral's plan?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Rams can be a model.

To those who say Dak Prescott is the one holding back the Cowboys and the team around him is not an excuse, explain Matthew Stafford with the Lions and Matthew Stafford with the Rams.

That's all I'm saying.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
How can we the rams be a model , when we are already 140 million in the hole with a single player ?

rambo2

Reaction score
What would you guys say if that 49er would have caught that easy interception and the 49ers would have won?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Rams are NOT a model.......it could have easily backfired and quite frankly it still can unless actually win the SB. Very risky model.....

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The Saints have a good D and way over the cap , maybe we could purge some of those guys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They sold away their future for the next five years.

True, but they went all out to get to the Super Bowl and succeeded. They might crater in a few years but that isn't bothering anybody that's a Rams fan tonight.

I would sacrifice the next 26 years for the Cowboys to win another title. Because I've been doing that since 1996 anyway.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We are draft warriors, they go for wins and Super Bowls, two different mindsets.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams have a planning for winning. The Bengals are doing things after 5 bad years. They are building from the bottom to the top. What's Jerral's plan?
To be the centerpiece of everything.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Its only worth if they win a super bowl. No one cares about making the super bowl and losing. If they don’t win a Lombardi it’s a crazy gamble that they will regret down the road.

it says more about having elite coaching than anything else really. Mcvay took a guy who most thought was a good quarterback but not truly elite and has him in the super bowl and with a win will completely change his narrative. He did wonders with Goff as well.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Hopefully Jethro will pay attention to how they turned this around by making bold moves in FA and blockbuster trades not satisfied with just a playoff team.

They took a chance mortgaging the future to win now. This is definitely a model our owner could follow . And could be the best path to bringing in more talent to get over the hump, now.

If this means starting off by getting rid of Jerry then yes. If not, then it won't matter.