The Rams showing Stephen Jones how it’s done

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The player acquisitions are just part of it the Rams hired a great young head coach. Jerry made the mistake of hiring a washed up fat head who suffered two straight losing seasons with Aaron Rodgers as his QB.

That should have been a red flag for everybody...........you got Arod at QB and you cant even crack .500 in back to back seasons.

And people think he is going to make a bowl run with Dak:lmao2:

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, NFC garbage in the SB no matter who wins, looks like I'll be rooting for the AFC no matter who ends up there

75boyz

Reaction score
I love how the Rams have gone all-in and who cares if they suck for the next 2-3 years if they can make a bowl run this year.

Its like if I asked you if the Cowboys make a SB run next year, but then miss the playoffs the next 3 seasons after that, would you take that deal? Hell yes I would, and the Cowboys would not even have to win the SB, just make it to the SB and I would trade four 6-10 seasons for that.

Or we can keep doing what we have always done, go with bargin free agents and draft picks and never get past the Div round for 26 years.

It's so crazy cuz my best friend is a Giants fan as you and I both know won 2 trophies in '07 and '11.

But wow,
like you have described here...

Since 2012 and more even since 2016...

They are like the worst in the NFL I'm not kidding.

So it's definitely a BIG tradeoff but I'm actually with you at this point in my life I might not see another one so who cares if they suck for forever "AFTER" one more trophy.

Kinda like selling your soul for one more ring.

Guess I would at this point.

jmo

J12B

Reaction score
To be gun shy in free agency/trading is just stupid.

you want a guy? Go get him. Just make sure he fits your system

Stafford
Ramsey
Obj
Von Miller

it takes cojones to run an nfl team and that’s why our boys are on the couch this weekend

Problem is there is no system.

This coaching staff and team took a "shoot from the hip" approach all season.

rags747

Reaction score
You trade those 1st round picks for proven talent that you KNOW what you're getting.

That's what the Rams have done.

They have no draft picks, but they have guys that they know will perform and can play at a high level instead of hoping they hit on a draft pick.
OBJ and Miller are currently 1 year deals I believe, no?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That should have been a red flag for everybody...........you got Arod at QB and you cant even crack .500 in back to back seasons.

And people think he is going to make a bowl run with Dak:lmao2:

Reading between the lines on the comments Jerry made on the radio Friday there’s no guarantees McCarthy is back next season. If he thinks he sees a better option out there he’ll make a move. Not sure it will make any difference. Nothing ever seems to change regardless the head coach. The Jerry Jones way hasn’t worked in 26 years.

dckid

Reaction score
The Rams went to the SB with Goff and dumped him because they want to win. The Cowboys kept that dope Romo around for decades despite constantly choking. Now they are going to do the same with Dak. This team aint serious about winning
It takes Bal** to win in this league. Win now!! There is no more tomorrow. I am sick of waiting 26 years. Rams instantly regretted Goff and then moved on. Eagles moved on from Wentz. We saw the stupidity of those moves and still payed Dak!!!!

TheHerd

Reaction score
They better win it this year! Negative cap, no picks and losing a ton of players

No knock on them. I’m all in to win it one season
They’ll keep who they want. They won’t lose any core players.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Speaking of OBJ, I was thinking what a difference a QB can make in the career or a WR. OBJ was doing nothing for Cleveland. He gets to the Rams and they start throwing him the football and he is making plays. Keep this in mind when speaking about the Cowboys WRs. Dak is playing like Baker Mayfield lately.
Helps when you have Cooper catching 145 passes as well.

75boyz

Reaction score
It takes Bal** to win in this league. Win now!! There is no more tomorrow. I am sick of waiting 26 years. Rams instantly regretted Goff and then moved on. Eagles moved on from Wentz. We saw the stupidity of those moves and still payed Dak!!!!

True on both. Valid point.

quickccc

Reaction score
i don't believe we have to go to the utter out all extreme trade spree as Rams decided to do ... but i do believe its' a neccessary bridge to go after
at least that one " middle-ground" difference making splash vet per FA or trade.

Cowboys reportedly did make a bid for Earl Thomas and Jamal Adams - and of course did make the big key trade for Amari Cooper.

But it's clear Stephen strongly prefers- and insistent on the Draft core, cheap bargain FA's and re-sign our own key core players Plan.

Stephen will always be here so that very Plan will always be here. ..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Rams went to the SB with Goff and dumped him because they want to win. The Cowboys kept that dope Romo around for decades despite constantly choking. Now they are going to do the same with Dak. This team aint serious about winning

Yeah, and Jerry keeps crying and complaining while hauling in millions in TV, stadium and merch money.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be gun shy in free agency/trading is just stupid.

you want a guy? Go get him. Just make sure he fits your system

Stafford
Ramsey
Obj
Von Miller

it takes cojones to run an nfl team and that’s why our boys are on the couch this weekend

The Rams are run by football pros who climbed the ladder and had enough success along the way to make it up the next rung. Stephen is only in the NFL b/c his daddy bought a football team. He never merited his job which is why he is so bad at it.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like they way the 49ers brought in Jimmy Gs replacement and have him waiting in the wings. Jimmy isn't bad but they want more firepower.

They're going to have a very interesting offseason if Jimmy G makes it to the Super Bowl.