The Rams showing Stephen Jones how it’s done

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Rams went to the SB with Goff and dumped him because they want to win. The Cowboys kept that dope Romo around for decades despite constantly choking. Now they are going to do the same with Dak. This team aint serious about winning

Win or no win the idiot fans will buy the merch and tickets.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They better win it this year! Negative cap, no picks and losing a ton of players

No knock on them. I’m all in to win it one season

Rams have 90m$ in cap space in 2023. They can easily open up a TON of cap this season if they want to. They didn’t sacrifice anything, they can keep many of their FA’s and will be a monster for years

fansince68

Reaction score
To be gun shy in free agency/trading is just stupid.

you want a guy? Go get him. Just make sure he fits your system

Stafford
Ramsey
Obj
Von Miller

it takes cojones to run an nfl team and that’s why our boys are on the couch this weekend
The Rams showed us how it's done in a playoff game a few years ago that I attended. The Rams always sho us how it's done when it matters.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They were good without selling the future away for this season. If they win it all, good for them. If they don't...ouch!
They are going for it while we sit around and fall victim to the guilty pleasures of a rich family who want to play Football Guys.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
To be gun shy in free agency/trading is just stupid.

you want a guy? Go get him. Just make sure he fits your system

Stafford
Ramsey
Obj
Von Miller

it takes cojones to run an nfl team and that’s why our boys are on the couch this weekend
we like our guys

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Either approach is ok as long as you are having an honest, accurate assessment of your talent and therefore your ability to truly make a run. Both have risks but being aggressive when you believe you have a shot is what a good FO would do.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If they win a SB, it's worth it. If they come up short, it wasn't.
true, but it is worth a try.
They are trying to do it while they have other players.
Those players will only be there short while,or on rookie deal, so time was now.

So when is important, but also who u get and for how much. This is where jones boys always fail.
Rams got stafford cheap when u compare to dak, von miller probably cheaper than lawrence , and beckham was cheap? on short deal

also u have to add several guys in one year, go all in for that year, just 1 big FA wont help enough.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls have this Rams team one? Someone is putting the cart before the horse.
it isnt about winning the SB, that is the goal, but making a good run at it also has value.
Rams are in the nfc champ game with good chance to win that. Does that not have value??
Just going to a SB has value.
also the more you go the more chance you have to win one.

The way I see it , is getting past div round and just to the champ game, you had a good season.
Sure everyone wants to go further, but just getting to that game is something. If you win that then your in SB and are nfc champs or afc.
you gain valuable experience from going to champ game, and SB.

Now our hc says he knows how to win championships, but got beat in wc round at home lol:huh:
If he knows, how come he didnt even get to the champ game??

As a fan, you really should not complain if your team gets to the champ game or the SB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like they way the 49ers brought in Jimmy Gs replacement and have him waiting in the wings. Jimmy isn't bad but they want more firepower.

Well, they better get better wrs. Their best WR plays running back half the time. If Jimmy wins a super bowl, they also have the option of cashing that kid in for a 1st round pick or more. Don't mess with success.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Rams, the Chiefs, even the Eagles have shown in the last few years that giving up the farm to get the guy isn't always the future death sentence we like to think it is.

Who wouldn't take the last 5 years of any of those teams over ours?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I don't believe in the way the Rams went all in with FAs. IMO, it was a hook to sell PSLs. They will have some challenging years coming with limited draft capital.

And they are slightly over for next yest - using the numbers in OTC.

But there are only 48 players on roster for that CAP number.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well, they better get better wrs. Their best WR plays running back half the time. If Jimmy wins a super bowl, they also have the option of cashing that kid in for a 1st round pick or more. Don't mess with success.
I think next year Samuel will play more WR and Kittle will be healthy too. The problem is they lost Mostert for the season and he is a really good RB. They seem to be able to find these very good RBs in the 6th round that have 4.3 speed.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Rams do not have a player on their roster whose 2022 CAP number is as high as Dak or Demarcus Lawrence. Cooper Kupp's CAP number for 2022is $18.3 million. That is the highest number for his contract which he signed in 2020.
Amari Cooper's is $22 million.

Aaron Donald, the best defensive player in the NFL has a CAP number of $26,750,000 for 2022, also the highest CAP number for his contract which he signed in 2018.

This is only 1 team and 2 players but I think what it shows is the Rams are getting performances that match the contracts they gave out. The Cowboys, with Zeke ($18 million). Lawrence ($27 million), Dak ($34 million), and Cooper ($22 million), are not getting anywhere near their money's worth. Given their performances, the Cowboys have overspent by at least $30 million in CAP dollars. For that money the Cowbosys could afford to sign an ALL-Pro Center and LG.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think next year Samuel will play more WR and Kittle will be healthy too. The problem is they lost Mostert for the season and he is a really good RB. They seem to be able to find these very good RBs in the 6th round that have 4.3 speed.

I just wouldn't change their style of play b/c its working. Going to GB and beating Aaron Rodgers on Lambeau field is a testament to how they have built that team to win January. Jimmy G is better than that rookie, and he's never going to cost them a lot of money. If they missed the playoffs , that would have been the time to make the switch. I think they keep Jimmy G for at least one more year. It will be interesting to see if they give him a new contract.