The real changes Jerry will make

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jerry was on a bunch of talk shows today hinting change.....When it come to meaningful organizational change, I don’t expect anything. Well, at least no coaching or structural changes. But I’m sure he will throw us a bone. Here are some of the changes Jerry will probably make this offseason:
  • Increased ticket prices
  • Increased concession prices
  • More jersey choices in the gift shop
  • More “official” Cowboys advertisers (____ the official gas station of the Dallas Cowboys)
  • More artwork for the “stayjum”
  • New revenue streams at “the Star” in Frisco.
Structuring the organization to win a championship? Jerry thinks he’s winning every year already.
Little toy clappers for everyone to use during the game handed out at the entry gates. Great symbols of Garrett and would make Jerry World sing like the cow bells made Sactown basketball sing back in the 90s.

kskboys

Reaction score
those in here that sees Jerry as some senile lone ranger that does things to just THROW US A BONE like his 5 billion dollar franchise is just toy or a tax shelter are senile themselves. He has staff and if you hadn't noticed they win games, win divisions, and have turned this entire team over since 2016 while still not losing a lot of games..Yes we would luv to get over the preverbal hump and get to and maybe win a NFCCG..

Jerrys staff and those that help him make decsions see this the way they want to and are making changes in hopes for improvement, just because they arent in line with Fans POV doesnt mean they arent correct..Every year we mock what they do in the draft and FA and moves they make or done make in Season but last I checked we made it to the 2nd round and lost by 8 on the road to a superior team..

if you judge the last 5 years vs 25 yrs youd see they have plan and are trying to win...could we be happier with new HC and OC and QB coach , sure even I hope for that but dont discount everything they do before seeing how it plays out..3rd youngest team in NFL, almost a 70%plus turnover in players since 2016 and here they are the new team should be given chance 2 division wins the last 3 years with playoff win and really they played well in all 3 playoff games..they just didnt get it done..the new Era should be judged from 2016 on and regardless of HC they have chance nd even 2017 being ripped off by RG with Zekes suspension and long list of injuries at major positions they went 9-7 they had shot at the playoffs until the final 2 games..

we all want more we want trophies and bragging rights but just because it hasn't happened we mock the owners like this is joke to them and they dont care..I promise you they do and last I checked not one person in heres owns a professional team and really knows how to run one..
Trying to win?

OK, you have a GM that the GM himself admits he should've been fired a long time ago. Which means that GM is fully aware that he's doing a bad job. Sooooo, just how badly are we trying to win?

JayFord

Reaction score
You all won’t be happy until jerry says “I quit and I’m selling the team” and then by some loophole in the nfl owners contract dan Snyder buys the cowboys and he’s the first to own two teams in the same sport

Batman1980

Reaction score
Trying to win?

OK, you have a GM that the GM himself admits he should've been fired a long time ago. Which means that GM is fully aware that he's doing a bad job. Sooooo, just how badly are we trying to win?

2 play-off wins in 8 seasons, none past the divisional round and a puppet coaching staff.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Jerry was on a bunch of talk shows today hinting change.....When it come to meaningful organizational change, I don’t expect anything. Well, at least no coaching or structural changes. But I’m sure he will throw us a bone. Here are some of the changes Jerry will probably make this offseason:
  • More “official” Cowboys advertisers (____ the official gas station of the Dallas Cowboys)
Structuring the organization to win a championship? Jerry thinks he’s winning every year already.

Tim Cowlishaw wrote a piece in the DMN in today's paper. Basically he implies Jerry will not change anything as long as his brand is selling.

Jerry is not in the business of winning championships. Jerry is in the business of making money selling the idea of championships.

kskboys

Reaction score
2 play-off wins in 8 seasons, none past the divisional round and a puppet coaching staff.
Constantly reamed up the middle at the wrong times, but no 1 tech. Couldn't even assess the skillset of a #2 Cb we gave huge money to in FA. Drafted a big, slow TE in the 2nd round who couldn't block and who the scouts said would be unable to get open at the NFL level. Thought Nick Hayden was fine at NT.

There's a huge list of horrid moves that says we're not trying as hard to win as we should.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Constantly reamed up the middle at the wrong times, but no 1 tech. Couldn't even assess the skillset of a #2 Cb we gave huge money to in FA. Drafted a big, slow TE in the 2nd round who couldn't block and who the scouts said would be unable to get open at the NFL level. Thought Nick Hayden was fine at NT.

There's a huge list of horrid moves that says we're not trying as hard to win as we should.

Byron Jones is a #2 corner but we're so stupid we're going to pay him like he's a first. This defense has a horrid lack of playmakers aside from Tank, LVE and Smith and they're going to overpay Jones anyway. Oh well, used to it by now.

nobody

Reaction score
Tim Cowlishaw wrote a piece in the DMN in today's paper. Basically he implies Jerry will not change anything as long as his brand is selling.

Jerry is not in the business of winning championships. Jerry is in the business of making money selling the idea of championships.

I think this is completely accurate. Look at what he does, not what he says.

ksadler1

Reaction score
He's going to put his (thank you note to the fans) on the beverage cups at the stadium and charge $2 more per drink. . .

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Yep, that's what's important to him.

TheHerd

Reaction score

That's some incredibly forward thinking journalism by TC. Nostradamus would be proud!

sideon

Reaction score
:laugh:

On a serious note. If I was Dak I would launch a football straight through Jerry’s head leaving a cone shaped hole in it. Then I’d do the same to Jason and Scott. Maybe even kris Richard too for that awful performance against the ramso_O
With Dak throwing it he might hit some poor groundskeeper instead.