The real changes Jerry will make

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry was on a bunch of talk shows today hinting change.....When it come to meaningful organizational change, I don’t expect anything. Well, at least no coaching or structural changes. But I’m sure he will throw us a bone. Here are some of the changes Jerry will probably make this offseason:
  • Increased ticket prices
  • Increased concession prices
  • More jersey choices in the gift shop
  • More “official” Cowboys advertisers (____ the official gas station of the Dallas Cowboys)
  • More artwork for the “stayjum”
  • New revenue streams at “the Star” in Frisco.
Structuring the organization to win a championship? Jerry thinks he’s winning every year already.

Agree Bob
And stupid cowboy fans (some on this very board) will throw their hard earned money at 'Mr. Jones' and say

"He's the best owner in sports"
"Jerry wants to win"

And the snake oil salesman will continue to happily pocket their money

:laugh:

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Jerry was on a bunch of talk shows today hinting change.....When it come to meaningful organizational change, I don’t expect anything. Well, at least no coaching or structural changes. But I’m sure he will throw us a bone. Here are some of the changes Jerry will probably make this offseason:
  • Increased ticket prices
  • Increased concession prices
  • More jersey choices in the gift shop
  • More “official” Cowboys advertisers (____ the official gas station of the Dallas Cowboys)
  • More artwork for the “stayjum”
  • New revenue streams at “the Star” in Frisco.
Structuring the organization to win a championship? Jerry thinks he’s winning every year already.
He would be crazy not to do all of those things. Supply and demand. Can you imagine the demand for tickets next year? If they have an official beer why not a gas station?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Someday all fans will grasp the reality of the bar being lowered.
Hum, but of which bar do you speak die? If your directing that at the lower then low bar placed on the FO and HC of acceptance then yeah, but then almost every DCB fan knows this.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
He would be crazy not to do all of those things. Supply and demand. Can you imagine the demand for tickets next year? If they have an official beer why not a gas station?
And your dead on with the why wouldn't he... But I live in Houston and remember the ear of Bud the snake Adams here. The fans here opened their pocket books to that low life and handed him everything he wanted until it became a build me a brand new stadium or else... well we all know what transpired and the city lost it's team. It's one thing to do all that Bob staes, but it's entirely a different animal for a owner who has become filthy rich off his fans backs to also reinvest those same dollars into a winning product of which the fans are showing up, purchasing said beer, sodas and 12 dollar hotdogs to see.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry's Game notes:

Call Pepsi and Coke and see who will pay me more.
Call the league and suggest we do a different color run uniform every week. This way I can make more $.
Call Jason and tell him I love him.
Prank call Troy.
See if American Airlines would pay for a logo on my new aircraft carrier.
Tell Stephen no Fortnite this weekend.
Have more dog pooh thrown on Roger's yard.
Discuss whether the AT&T draft party cover charge is $50 or $60.
Remind Jerry Jr. that I like Stephen more.
Have the admins order more Buffalo Trace for my bathroom.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too bad the NFL doesn’t require all owners be their teams GM in the same capacity Jerry is , then we might have a better chance.

But in a league with so much expertise running the front office and coaching staffs it’s difficult for a Mom and Pop operation to succeed. I’m amazed we’re as competitive as we are.

We’ve been a talent dependent team for years now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree Bob
And stupid cowboy fans (some on this very board) will throw their hard earned money at 'Mr. Jones' and say

"He's the best owner in sports"
"Jerry wants to win"

And the snake oil salesman will continue to happily pocket their money

I used to criticize this group but I waved my white flag years ago after walking away because it’s not just about winning football games anymore. It’s a sports entertainment event. Jerry has pimped the ride.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hum, but of which bar do you speak die? If your directing that at the lower then low bar placed on the FO and HC of acceptance then yeah, but then almost every DCB fan knows this.
If they know they haven’t adjusted their expectations accordingly.

amame25

Reaction score

On a serious note. If I was Dak I would launch a football straight through Jerry’s head leaving a cone shaped hole in it. Then I’d do the same to Jason and Scott. Maybe even kris Richard too for that awful performance against the ramso_O

You're assuming Dak could ever be that accurate.

visionary

Reaction score
I used to criticize this group but I waved my white flag years ago after walking away because it’s not just about winning football games anymore. It’s a sports entertainment event. Jerry has pimped the ride.

I can't do that
I'm a fan and will support the team and IMO support includes criticism of the most glaring weaknesses, which right now are jerry, Stephen and Garrett

I will not buy a single cowboys related item or visit the stadium until we get the the NFCCG or Garrett is fired

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't do that
I'm a fan and will support the team and IMO support includes criticism of the most glaring weaknesses, which right now are jerry, Stephen and Garrett

I will not buy a single cowboys related item or visit the stadium until we get the the NFCCG or Garrett is fired
Like my wife always says. You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.

alphaxg1

Reaction score

On a serious note. If I was Dak I would launch a football straight through Jerry’s head leaving a cone shaped hole in it. Then I’d do the same to Jason and Scott. Maybe even kris Richard too for that awful performance against the ramso_O
That would require Dak to be accurate. You're asking for way too much my friend.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
That would require Dak to be accurate. You're asking for way too much my friend.
:huh: Hummm I do wonder, IF JJ and Stephan have had enough of vanillahan and his anemic "Dak friendly" offensive genus and FIRE his butt, then brings in a new OC who actually HAS developed budding young QB's and Dak starts putting balls all over the field, what will all you who disregard him, demean him and most certainly think he is burnt trash ever have to talk about on here? One does have to wonder.

kskboys

Reaction score
Byron Jones is a #2 corner but we're so stupid we're going to pay him like he's a first. This defense has a horrid lack of playmakers aside from Tank, LVE and Smith and they're going to overpay Jones anyway. Oh well, used to it by now.
I wasn't watching for it, but I saw him not only get beat, but get beat because he doesn't turn all that well. I don't watch game tape, so I'm not analyzing it, but it appears that he can only cover the deep stuff.

Since I was against drafting him and have never been all that impressed, I am fighting my own confirmation bias. That sucker is strong and hard to fight, ya know?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Byron Jones is a #2 corner but we're so stupid we're going to pay him like he's a first. This defense has a horrid lack of playmakers aside from Tank, LVE and Smith and they're going to overpay Jones anyway. Oh well, used to it by now.
I'd let Jones walk and draft another Corner in the third round or so.
Front seven guys like Lawrence & Jaylon should be much higher priorities.
Can they finally upgrade DT, for crying out loud?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Too bad the NFL doesn’t require all owners be their teams GM in the same capacity Jerry is , then we might have a better chance.

But in a league with so much expertise running the front office and coaching staffs it’s difficult for a Mom and Pop operation to succeed. I’m amazed we’re as competitive as we are.

We’ve been a talent dependent team for years now.
Last sentence is spot on. That's the biggest problem that Booger & Son don't realize (rather, they do realize it and are in blatant denial). You can't just out talent people in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last sentence is spot on. That's the biggest problem that Booger & Son don't realize (rather, they do realize it and are in blatant denial). You can't just out talent people in the playoffs.
We did with 95 team and Switzer.

But even with greatest team in Cowboys history Jerry screwed that up without a great HC and his meddling.

And why we’re basically screwed with Jerry’s agendas.