Video: The Real Reason Why the Dallas Cowboys Want to Sign Dez Bryant

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not the dropped pass, it's his supporters claims that it wasn't his fault. Instead of accountability and ownership, they blame someone else. If Dez can't be expected to make that play, he offers nothing to the team.

Again, it's one play. Do I actually need to post an Amari Cooper drop to cancel it out?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Again. One dropped pass. Means nothing. You yourself said that "they all drop passes", and yet are trying to make a case based off of one. A glaring contradiction.
Again. It's not the dropped pass. It's his fans expectations that the drop wasn't his fault. If we can't at least expect him to catch that pass, then he offers nothing to the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again. It's not the dropped pass. It's his fans expectations that the drop wasn't his fault. If we can't at least expect him to catch that pass, then he offers nothing to the team.

Sounds more like your perception than "fans expectations". Tilting at windmills.

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn't realize the Cowboys really wanted him back. It seems like it's more conjecture and the ramblings of a drunk Jerry at this point.

Reactions: G2

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't realize the Cowboys really wanted him back. It seems like it's more conjecture and the ramblings of a drunk Jerry at this point.

I think there's certainly some differing opinions inside the organization. And despite the fact that I personally think they should bring him in for their 90-man roster (like Jerry might), I would ultimately leave it up to the new head coach's discretion. If McCarthy doesn't want him, I will accept that decision rather than trying to force someone on my new head coach already. That's TO all over again, right off the bat, and that's not good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah and my perception was developed by reading the many excuses made for Dez after the play occurred.

And that's where you're stuck. Grinding an axe over a few people's opinions and comments from three years ago.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And that's where you're stuck. Grinding an axe over people's opinions and comments from three years ago.
Well, since we're tossing around the idea of Dez coming back, I still hold the same opinion. If his skills have declined to where we can't expect him to make that play, he shouldn't be brought in.

aikemirv

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Hey , hes got nothing on Amari!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, since we're tossing around the idea of Dez coming back, I still hold the same opinion. If his skills have declined to where we can't expect him to make that play, he shouldn't be brought in.

Here's the problem with your position, until he's actually playing against competition, he 'can't win', can he? Running routes against air or some wannabe football players doesn't allow him to prove anything either way, does it?

Neither you nor I can tell anything about 'declining skills' or not one way or another at this point. But if you bring him in on the 90-man roster and see what he has (or doesn't have), you can then make an informed decision. That's all I'm advocating, making an informed decision. After that, let the chips fall where they may.