The real selfish and greedy guy in Big D

cern

Reaction score
I’m not a huge Dak fan. And have made no bones about it. Anyone who has followed me knows that. The fact you need to mention that tells me you don’t grasp what my message has been here.

I’m about critiquing the Dallas Cowboys Mgmt. My message is aligned with the local media bashing of our ownership as usual.

And this was an issue where I’d have an angle to go after them either way. I was actually prepared to support the Cowboys standing firm As I expected them to cave but the outcry from our local beat writers and sports columnist influence my thoughts.

Image that Cowboy fans. Being influenced fed by other opinions. Something that doesn’t happen often on these forums.

Id encourage every Cowboy fan to pick up a local paper or click on to read their thoughts and how this effects Cowboys Football which swayed my opinions. It’s not just about the value of our QB but the effects of not having one along with the financial cost moving forward.
it's too easy to get so wrapped up in what others think that you lose the ability to think for yourself. i hope the day never comes when the best i've got to do is read sports columns to influence what i think for myself.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Lol what?

Jerry might be incompetent but he isn't cheap. He made an offer to overpay Dak and Dak didn't take it. Every dollar Dak gets doesn't come out of Jerry's pocket, it comes out of another player's pocket.

cern

Reaction score
Lol what?

Jerry might be incompetent but he isn't cheap. He made an offer to overpay Dak and Dak didn't take it. Every dollar Dak gets doesn't come out of Jerry's pocket, it comes out of another player's pocket.
that's a very good way to say it.

Proof

Reaction score
Look Dak will be gone.

The cowboys don't trust him like you thought they did. They saw what real fans without blinders on saw.

Like you all said when you thought he'd sign. Move on, it's over. Dude sealed his fate

#DontpayDak

just curious, paying him 31 guaranteed rather than letting him walk and plugging Dalton in means what exactly to a real fan such as yourself

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
chu, i have seen you go through a list of pokemon characters, a long list of prospective jobs, all culminating in a complete transmogrification into an englishman. can't fool mother nature or cern.

I actually have something big coming up soon hehe. I'm excited about it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Oh is that what you're mad about? Because I called you a fake Risen? Well......aye......I don't know what you want me to say. I guess now you are trying to prove you aren't Risen. Never said you were Risen just was being a fake imitation. But I'm done hijacking this thread if you have a issue DM me if not move on.

Yeah you would like that huh?

9cm2EuI.png

Nah we can keep it right here. No private messages. We not cool and not about to be, we not gonna talk privately in hopes of squashing it. So keep it here or run off.

Anyways try not to be so hard on yourself over Dak. It's obvious how much this whole ordeal has affected your mental.

You usually state your argument and bounce, now you are in here emotionally getting beside yourself. It's cool, I guess some men have to sit when they pee.

Hey, again, Dak won't be here, let that sink in, and don't take it out on your computer screen or keyboard.

#DontpayDak

Frozen700

Reaction score
just curious, paying him 31 guaranteed rather than letting him walk and plugging Dalton in means what exactly to a real fan such as yourself

It means I won't have to deal with him for years to come. Years of average crap play.

He has 1 year.

Deal with it and keep up.

#DontpayDak

TwentyOne

Reaction score
In my opinion, it is complete hypocrisy to call out Dak Prescott or any other Cowboys player for being “financially selfish” and “not committed to winning” by not accepting a recent contract offer.

If Jerry Jones, the absolute poster boy for sports greed and selfishness ever starts putting a 100% commitment to winning ahead of his cash register and psychopathic obsession with getting “credit”, it might be fair to call out some players for putting greed ahead of winning.

When your owner/president/GM/chief jock and socks manager puts his ego, cash grab and selfishness first, you get what we’ve been getting the last 25 years. A lot of nothing when it comes to substantive playoff success. So if we as fans are going to call out greed, selfishness, and a lack of commitment to this team’s quest to regain its former luster, let’s call out the architect and person most responsible for everything we are and are not as a team.

Change ALWAYS starts at the top. If we expect things to get better ON the field, the change and the example of a commitment to place winning ahead of greed has to start in the billionaire owners box. You know, the guy who makes one billion a year but hasn’t won a divisional playoff game since Dak Prescott was 2 years old.

If Jerry ever shows us he is really committed to winning ahead of his ego and greed, maybe we could start calling out some players too.

I totally agree with your view of JJ. And i do think his son fits the same mold.

But just because JJ is greedy doesnt mean Dak is not. He may be even worse.

You always attract people that are like you. That is also true for JJ and thats why we have too many players who are more interessted into establishing their own brand then acctually playing a team sport.

And it was one reason i was a Garrett advocat. He seemed to be a guy who wasnt about himself and his personal success only. With all the limitations he has/had as a coach selfishness wasnt one of them.

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yeah some of these people are gutter trash. I made the mistake of getting caught up with and stooping to their low level. But even I’m not low enough to wish suicide on someone. A lot of these guys hate stems from how Tony left so it’s not shocking how nasty it’s gotten since he left.
Hell, I hate how Tony left, but you knew that already. Pretty lame if they have to stoop this low. We are talking about a damn game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
something big coming up??? well, we know what that isn't. wedding bells? even sheldon cooper loved it the first time.

Nah, but it's something I've worked hard for. I'll be announcing it soon I think once a few things are finalized.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see the word "greedy" misapplied to Prescott and other players when they're looking at an entirely different view of value and worth than we are. Who are we to decide what any player is worth?

There is a lot more than making a living tied up with these negotiations and a player's ego is just one of them but that ego is also the driving force in his career as a player.

Why should a player not feel he is worth what another is getting when he feels he's just as valuable to his team? That not only works across the league positions wise but within teams across all positions. If your team decides a DE is worth 21M, a RB 15M and a WR 20M, what is a QB worth? Laveon Bell made a stand in PIT over just that and his case was solid, he was the large % of their offense, why shouldn't he be paid that way? Isn't that what CAR did with McCaffrey, paid him based on his contribution to the team?

You people that preoccupy yourselves with the money part of this, the cap and negotiations are a bunch of boring nerds. What the hell does any of that have to do with the game? I feel like half this forum is a bunch of pastyassed accountants. Of course, you are in the other half.

Proof

Reaction score
It means I won't have to deal with him for years to come. Years of average crap play.

He has 1 year.

Deal with it and keep up.

#DontpayDak

Gotcha. So they see enough in him to give him 31 million dollars rather than getting a jump on the fresh start. Makes complete sense. I know when I’m ready to move on from something I invest in it heavily first.

cern

Reaction score
I see the word "greedy" misapplied to Prescott and other players when they're looking at an entirely different view of value and worth than we are. Who are we to decide what any player is worth?

There is a lot more than making a living tied up with these negotiations and a player's ego is just one of them but that ego is also the driving force in his career as a player.

Why should a player not feel he is worth what another is getting when he feels he's just as valuable to his team? That not only works across the league positions wise but within teams across all positions. If your team decides a DE is worth 21M, a RB 15M and a WR 20M, what is a QB worth? Laveon Bell made a stand in PIT over just that and his case was solid, he was the large % of their offense, why shouldn't he be paid that way? Isn't that what CAR did with McCaffrey, paid him based on his contribution to the team?

You people that preoccupy yourselves with the money part of this, the cap and negotiations are a bunch of boring nerds. What the hell does any of that have to do with the game? I feel like half this forum is a bunch of pastyassed accountants. Of course, you are in the other half.
would you be happier if instead of the word "greedy" we used unrealistic, self aggrandized, inflated, legend in one's own mind, prone to avarice? many ways to skin a cat. but the lesson of the pie stands on its own.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it's too easy to get so wrapped up in what others think that you lose the ability to think for yourself. i hope the day never comes when the best i've got to do is read sports columns to influence what i think for myself.
It’s a sad day when those with more information , expertise and access don’t have the ability to influence others.

Reminds me how we have citizens who aren’t influenced by scientific evidence and experts with more knowledge of the situation.

cern

Reaction score
It’s a sad day when those with more information , expertise and access don’t have the ability to influence others.

Reminds me how we have citizens who aren’t influenced by scientific evidence and experts with more knowledge of the situation.
boy, howdy to the last sentence. glad to report no black holes created by cern swallowed up the earth.