The reason Dak is a good QB

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What makes you so sure?

Exactly. It's not Tavon Austin's fault a previous Rams regime overdrafted him. The Cowboys got him for next to nothing and his speed and elusiveness could prove to be highly useful for a few snaps per game. I'm excited to see what he can do, personally.

Johnny23

Reaction score
We didn't bring Austin in to help the passing game, we brought him in to help the running game.
Without using any imagination, will be to run the ball.
Further proves what I said as op brought up hia route running.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All these organizations have a coaching staff that can design a decent offense. Bellichick 11 and 5 with Matt Cassell as a starter. We couldn't win a single game with him.
Cassell had the two time defending championship team behind him.

BTW that was the only seasonPatriots in Brady era didn’t make the playoffs. 11-5 was awful year for that talented of team.Cassel also went on to become the starter at Kansas City in his prime.

Cassel performed well enough in a few games with us to win. He had a 17 point lead over the Chiefs. Took Saints to OT on a great drive to end regulation but didn’t get a possession in OT. Our defense was horrid.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I'm not declaring Dak a future MVP, but I do think it's weird that so many fans have bailed on him after one down season where he fell to the horrifying depths of... league average in passer rating.

He needs a player not drawing double teams to be able to spread the ball around.

It's not like Dez can even do this anymore, though? The entire league has taken a hard pass on Dez in free agency.

817Gill

Reaction score
Also only in Dallas post Dez are we advocating for not having a player that draws double teams because then our QB cannot look anywhere else.

He needs a player not drawing double teams to be able to spread the ball around.

A) That's an incredibly stupid argument.

B) If it's true...Dak isn't the QB we need or deserve.

C) Hate our fans sometimes.

Dez didn't draw double teams consistently in 2017. You don't remember all the gripe about him not being able to beat 1v1 coverage early in the season?

Cole Beasley was the one who was bracket covered as defensive coordinators keyed in on stopping him first. The teams Dallas played in 2017 were littered with studs at corner, all those teams played single coverage versus Dez and he didn't make them pay. The teams who doubled were weak in the secondary (Green Bay, Oakland etc.) Do you think 2017 Dez is the same as 2014 Dez? If the team had him I guarantee he's still a Cowboy. If you took the 88 off the jersey and didn't know the name you would say the guy was average at best. Couple that with really difficult personality traits and you have another classic NFL WR diva who's leaving his prime. We've seen this story so many times with these high maintenance receiver types; it was time to part ways.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not Tavon Austin's fault a previous Rams regime overdrafted him. The Cowboys got him for next to nothing and his speed and elusiveness could prove to be highly useful for a few snaps per game. I'm excited to see what he can do, personally.
So a team drafted a player that they thought was gold but he turned out to be copper and you got him for what he is worth, nothing, how does that change what he is? He was bad with horns on his helmet and he will be bad with a star on it. Jack of all trades masters of none type players get exposed in the NFL.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For me bottom line, Dak has to be able to drop back, make his reads and get the ball into the hands of the open man. Avoid forcing passes, ints will kill you. Know when to take your chances and when to live to play the next down and of course use your athletic ability, if the defense gives you open space to pick up big yards take it. What is going to make or break Dak will be an ability or lack of ability to make the quick decisions under pressure

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I'm not declaring Dak a future MVP, but I do think it's weird that so many fans have bailed on him after one down season where he fell to the horrifying depths of... league average in passer rating.

It's not like Dez can even do this anymore, though? The entire league has taken a hard pass on Dez in free agency.
Dez drew double teams last year. Saying that he didn't over and over doesn't make it true.

Also, latest reporting is that Dez has received interest from many teams but has not signed. Saying the entire league has passed on him over and over doesn't make it true.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He already proved he plays better without a star wideout and spreads the ball around successfully when concentrated on various targets.

Imo what we have now at the position without dez could be 2x better than what we had when dez was injured and Dak balled out.

Dez injured:

-twill (no hands, no speed)
-beasley (limited speed, small, possession only)
-butler (limited speed, one trick pony, disappears)

^^^^^Still Dak made things happen with them

Dez cut:

-twill (same)
-beasly (same)
-austin (good speed, hands, good route runner)
-Gallup (best route runner, best hands, potential)
-thompson (a faster butler, better skills)

^^^^^Dak will do 2x better with the add-on's

I believe the better route runners along with better hands wideouts will really benefit Dak greatly, and limit the interceptions. Dak will also have decent timing WR's and should be able to put the ball where he wants it to be.

Dak will prove the haters wrong, book it.

Dak-friendly 2018

:flagwave:
:grin:
I love it man... I'm crying.

Number1

Reaction score
He already proved he plays better without a star wideout and spreads the ball around successfully when concentrated on various targets.

Imo what we have now at the position without dez could be 2x better than what we had when dez was injured and Dak balled out.

Dez injured:

-twill (no hands, no speed)
-beasley (limited speed, small, possession only)
-butler (limited speed, one trick pony, disappears)

^^^^^Still Dak made things happen with them

Dez cut:

-twill (same)
-beasly (same)
-austin (good speed, hands, good route runner)
-Gallup (best route runner, best hands, potential)
-thompson (a faster butler, better skills)

^^^^^Dak will do 2x better with the add-on's

umm, "The reason Dak is a good QB" has nothing to do with the above. Dak is good because of Dak.

His communications and execution are outstanding play in play out. He has the creativity to improvise and nice mid range touch. He'll flat out miss once in a while, but rarely does anything dumb with the ball. The only time Dak struggles is when being hit.

* Hurns is more than an add on, he runs a more complete route tree than any Cowboys WR since Miles Austin, and good hands - that's why the 2 yr $12M contract
he has everything but killer deep speed

for all the talk of no #1 WR ... in this system the WR playing X will often be on the single WR side ... drawing single coverage ... there's about a 90% that's Hurns when he's on the field, and he probably starts along with Beasley and Gallup/Williams. he'll likely be the 1st option more than any other WR

Hurns was a very Dak friendly move, so are Williams and Olawie and Fleming, and yes Austin and Gallup. Of all the new faces Williams (R2 pick) and Hurns (top FA) who have to deliver for this O to work. Gallup and Austin could make it special.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott is the BEST QB that's ever played the game!!!
The below video verifies his tremendous talents.....:eek:
Defenses are trembling at the thought of facing the DAK-Monster baby!!!!! Grrrrrrr:flagwave:

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I watched the senior bowl to see Wentz because we still had a shot at him at the time. I was more impressed with the kid Prescott than Wentz. Which at the time was a letdown, but I remember thinking Dak has the "IT" factor.
Romo was a backup for over 3 years and yet we are ready to throw Prescott under the bus after 2 really good years. Sometimes I just don't get Cowboy fans.

EXACTLY.....and of these gurus with 50k posts will be along shortly to tell you why your wrong...lol

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Dez drew double teams last year. Saying that he didn't over and over doesn't make it true.

Also, latest reporting is that Dez has received interest from many teams but has not signed. Saying the entire league has passed on him over and over doesn't make it true.

IF Dez was as good as he thinks he is he would be somewhere. He's just a T.O with less talent imo.......

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I watched the senior bowl to see Wentz because we still had a shot at him at the time. I was more impressed with the kid Prescott than Wentz. Which at the time was a letdown, but I remember thinking Dak has the "IT" factor.
Romo was a backup for over 3 years and yet we are ready to throw Prescott under the bus after 2 really good years. Sometimes I just don't get Cowboy fans.
I have been a fan for over 45 years and sometimes I don't get me either. ;)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is the BEST QB that's ever played the game!!!
The below video verifies his tremendous talents.....:eek:
Defenses are trembling at the thought of facing the DAK-Monster baby!!!!! Grrrrrrr:flagwave:

This is how you actually feel when discussing Romo despite him not winning anything.

Pathetic

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF Dez was as good as he thinks he is he would be somewhere. He's just a T.O with less talent imo.......

Your right Dez just made Dak look bad dang...now that Dez is gone Dak will throw for 300 yards every Sunday baby!!!! :banghead:

I mean Dak only had 1=300 yrd game last season and its all on Dez jeez.....!!!!!
Dak Prescott or should we say Rodgers or Brady dang isn't it obvious ????:oldcouple: Superbowl here we come baby!!!!!

Here's a little secret ....by seasons end no one more than Dak will miss the Dez man.....heck Dez broke up at least 10 interceptions for the Dak man last season.....:omg: