The reason Dak is a good QB

Billyd

Reaction score
Okay statmos...

Find me a qb with stats like these the first two years they are in the league...Please enjoy watching a qb maturing in the NFL..

Career stats
Year
Team
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

DAL

DAL

Career

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After last year, he's a pretty average QB, we'll see what he does this year. This year he has zero excuses.

When did he have any excuse? Claiming a player is young and learning is not an excuse it is a reality but does not remove him from his responsibility as a QB. If he is starting then it is expected he goes out and performs and gives his team a chance to win games. Heading into this season yes he is still expected to go out and lead this team despite the changes that have been made.

Billyd

Reaction score
When did he have any excuse? Claiming a player is young and learning is not an excuse it is a reality but does not remove him from his responsibility as a QB. If he is starting then it is expected he goes out and performs and gives his team a chance to win games. Heading into this season yes he is still expected to go out and lead this team despite the changes that have been made.

In comparison to average, one must use the context of experience..Avg for the Nfl after what time frame? In what type of system? I think your opinion of avg is ambiguous!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YOU must be speaking about "hold you all the way down the field" Indian name for Jenkins!

No I'm talking about not beating man coverage vs better CB. Yeah some CB will be aggressive the WR can also be aggressive and it is still his job to beat his man especially if you are the one on the sideline hollering for the ball. I think if Dallas and McClay felt Dez was still a top WR they would have kept him on the team but based on what he is being paid and what they were seeing from him they were not impressed.

Billyd

Reaction score
No I'm talking about not beating man coverage vs better CB. Yeah some CB will be aggressive the WR can also be aggressive and it is still his job to beat his man especially if you are the one on the sideline hollering for the ball. I think if Dallas and McClay felt Dez was still a top WR they would have kept him on the team but based on what he is being paid and what they were seeing from him they were not impressed.

Aggressive?Jenkins gets away with illegal..Thats not a technique thats against the rules..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In comparison to average, one must use the context of experience..Avg for the Nfl after what time frame? In what type of system? I think your opinion of avg is ambiguous!

I gave no opinion on avg. Dak has a job to do as QB and that is to help this offense put points on the board and give his team. I don't care if he throws for 200 yards in a game hell I watched Aikman have plenty of games where he threw for few yards but helped his team win.

Billyd

Reaction score
Let me help you out with your communication.. When they kicked Romo to the curve, They took away the best qb to throw to dez...Tony had a way of making good wr better...They ditched Dez coz money..Simple as that..Dont twist it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aggressive?Jenkins gets away with illegal..Thats not a technique thats against the rules..

Oh boo hoo other WR seem to be able to beat him. It is not the refs who are hurting Dez, it is dez he gets upset and takes himself out of games. He is hollering interference when the ball is still in the air instead of fighting for the Ball. I see all this crap about making excuses for a 2nd year QB yet seems people are willing to make excuses for Dez at every turn. He was being paid as one of the best WR in the league and was not playing to that level

Billyd

Reaction score
I gave no opinion on avg. Dak has a job to do as QB and that is to help this offense put points on the board and give his team. I don't care if he throws for 200 yards in a game hell I watched Aikman have plenty of games where he threw for few yards but helped his team win.

Now you are going somewhere..However that was a different era..A good day for Aikman was 15-20 200 yards and 2,tds....Most of the time 1 td..However after Aikman got an oline, his accuracy was amazing..He still holds the record for completion perc in the playoffs i believe.

BACK to Dak..I dont believe we have Daks ceiling, so predicting his level will make you look...Premature...

When you add in another 11 tds running, i really shouldnt even pay attention...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let me help you out with your communication.. When they kicked Romo to the curve, They took away the best qb to throw to dez...Tony had a way of making good wr better...They ditched Dez coz money..Simple as that..Dont twist it!

Oh this is about Romo. That is what kills me Dak takes over for Romo something he had no control over but because it upsets some fans you guys take that out on Dak. I'm not twisting anything those who run the team say otherwise you and some others are the ones making the claim it was only the money to save face. Where is Dez right now, if he was being looked at as a top NFL WR he would not be sitting without a team.

Billyd

Reaction score
Oh boo hoo other WR seem to be able to beat him. It is not the refs who are hurting Dez, it is dez he gets upset and takes himself out of games. He is hollering interference when the ball is still in the air instead of fighting for the Ball. I see all this crap about making excuses for a 2nd year QB yet seems people are willing to make excuses for Dez at every turn. He was being paid as one of the best WR in the league and was not playing to that level

DEZ has in the past with other teams..Jenkins was taught the illegal technique to make up for his lack of skill..You must be a giant fan in Cowboys clothing!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Now you are going somewhere..However that was a different era..A good day for Aikman was 15-20 200 yards and 2,tds....Most of the time 1 td..However after Aikman got an oline, his accuracy was amazing..He still holds the record for completion perc in the playoffs i believe.

BACK to Dak..I dont believe we have Daks ceiling, so predicting his level will make you look...Premature...

When you add in another 11 tds running, i really shouldnt even pay attention...

Troy best year in the NFL he had 23 TD that does not avg to 2 TD a game and for his career 165 TD to 141 ints.

Billyd

Reaction score
Oh this is about Romo. That is what kills me Dak takes over for Romo something he had no control over but because it upsets some fans you guys take that out on Dak. I'm not twisting anything those who run the team say otherwise you and some others are the ones making the claim it was only the money to save face. Where is Dez right now, if he was being looked at as a top NFL WR he would not be sitting without a team.

If you think so..No..Just stating the truth..If you dont understand the facts, maybe you need to research more..I dont mind educating you, but it gets tedious...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DEZ has in the past with other teams..Jenkins was taught the illegal technique to make up for his lack of skill..You must be a giant fan in Cowboys clothing!

No Cowboys fans since 1965 but will sure as hell not make excuses for Dez or any other player. Other WR seem to be able to handle Jenkins

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you think so..No..Just stating the truth..If you dont understand the facts, maybe you need to research more..I dont mind educating you, but it gets tedious...

You could not educate a rock. You want a Fact no team in the NFL has bothered to sign Dez that is a fact. if Antione Brown was let go you think he would be sitting right now or a Juilo Jones?

Billyd

Reaction score
Troy best year in the NFL he had 23 TD that does not avg to 2 TD a game and for his career 165 TD to 141 ints.

I said aikman on a good day...not avg..Thank you...I dont have a problem with the Cowboys making it about money, just fans that dont know the difference..To presume that Dez production in the last three years is a direct result of exhibiting a lessor production value with a qb that has not thrown a 1000 yards with any receiver on this team, is basic...Simply put im not really defending Dez, im giving you perspective..Your opinion of both Dak and Dez is devoid of all the facts..

Billyd

Reaction score
You could not educate a rock. You want a Fact no team in the NFL has bothered to sign Dez that is a fact. if Antione Brown was let go you think he would be sitting right now or a Juilo Jones?

Really I guess Baltimores offer was an illusion...You getting a percentage? Lol. THEY are simply squeezing the tires...im not really worried about the next team that will sign Dez..Why are you?