Reaction score
Cowboys head coaches since Jimmy.

Barry Switzer 4 years.
Chan Gaily 2 years.
Dave Campo 3 years.
Bill Parcells 4 years.
Wade Phillips 4 years.
Jason Garrett 10 years.

Parcells did an OK job but he had lost his stamina, drive to put in the work needed by a Head Coach. This is why the Cowboys haven’t had much success. It’s not the players. It all falls on Jerry the GM. I believe McCarthy has been his best hire so far. He’s changed the culture around the team. This team has a different feel. They’re not getting weaker going down the stretch, but stronger. The defense has some work to do, but they’ll be getting some players back soon. There’s a never give up attitude with this team. Dak’s put the team on his back when needed. There are fans who refuse to get on board because of the past but the past does not portend the future.

I gave you a like, but I don't believe it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jerry and the Cowboys making more money than any other team and he goes cheap with coaching. Makes ZERO sense.

Spend all that money on stadium and facilities. Bargain shopping for coaches.
According to Jerry the GM, he told Jerry the Owner, Coaches don't make money and block my shine.

It worked as he has the most valuable franchise (it was before Jones so woopie doo to him) and has not been to a Championship game in 27 years.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys head coaches since Jimmy.

Barry Switzer 4 years.
Chan Gaily 2 years.
Dave Campo 3 years.
Bill Parcells 4 years.
Wade Phillips 4 years.
Jason Garrett 10 years.

Parcells did an OK job but he had lost his stamina, drive to put in the work needed by a Head Coach. This is why the Cowboys haven’t had much success. It’s not the players. It all falls on Jerry the GM. I believe McCarthy has been his best hire so far. He’s changed the culture around the team. This team has a different feel. They’re not getting weaker going down the stretch, but stronger. The defense has some work to do, but they’ll be getting some players back soon. There’s a never give up attitude with this team. Dak’s put the team on his back when needed. There are fans who refuse to get on board because of the past but the past does not portend the future.

Besides the talent....i think that Jimmy teams played with an edge to them, a sense of urgency. Call it some swag. But properly placed. The whole team knew who was the boss and they were in fear for keeping their jobs. Jerry has coddled them since and even when blessed with some talent on the team, they don't actually have that fire in the belly, or sense of urgency. The head coaches have been neutered you might say. Anywhoo, eager to see what happens this time. And the past has a lot to do with the future when you still have Jerry and son there. No coincidence they have gone down in flames since they took over.

starman22

Reaction score
nah that yankee loser gave up and quit before he finished the job and cost us Payton because he never spke about abruptly quitting or im betting SP would have been the successor. IL never forgive that ex NYG quitter for early.1 more year and give SP a heads up hes feeling like quitting to stay and take over. nope he bent us over!!

Blame Jerry, Parcells always spoke about buying the groceries, Jerry forced T.O. on him. Can you imagine the energy needed to constantly tell a very persistent Jerry no?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blame Jerry, Parcells always spoke about buying the groceries, Jerry forced T.O. on him. Can you imagine the energy needed to constantly tell a very persistent Jerry no?
TO was great anyone who says otherwise is a hater, some disliked TO but he was truly no different than the other HOF diva WRs, whats your point????

should have both stayed another year, NOpe not oN jerry a weak azz coach who quit. Quitters, thats who i blame. Parcells always left early like jimmy 3-5 years and wants a new gig to keep them, motivated/all facts.,

starman22

Reaction score
You’ve steadfastly crapped on Dak who the hell do you think you’re kidding? Yourself?

I think you are wrong here, Sydia seems to be one of the more balanced posters. It seems to me that some of Dak's most ardent followers get upset if someone doesn't have hearts in their eyes every time they talk about him.

starman22

Reaction score
TO was great anyone who says otherwise is a hater, some disliked TO but he was truly no different than the other HOF diva WRs, whats your point????

should have both stayed another year, NOpe not oN jerry a weak azz coach who quit. Quitters, thats who i blame. Parcells always left early like jimmy 3-5 years and wants a new gig to keep them, motivated/all facts.,

I agree that T.O. was great, but Parcells did not want him, and that was his choice to make, not Jerry's.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
L my phone is dead JJ just passed pour judgment for evaluating coaching talent. Mostly fans believe that good coaches won’t come to the Cowboys because of JJ’s control. I believe JJ is just a really bad jUdge of talent . Maybe some coaches won’t come to Dallas but I passed coaches that left Dallas had other thoughts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree that T.O. was great, but Parcells did not want him, and that was his choice to make, not Jerry's.
Nah that was one of the best FA pick ups Jerry has ever made and im more upset he caved and let him go a year early.. sometimes a GM should do something even if a coach isnt truly happy about it, when its adding elite HOF talent to the roster.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Besides the talent....i think that Jimmy teams played with an edge to them, a sense of urgency. Call it some swag. But properly placed. The whole team knew who was the boss and they were in fear for keeping their jobs. Jerry has coddled them since and even when blessed with some talent on the team, they don't actually have that fire in the belly, or sense of urgency. The head coaches have been neutered you might say. Anywhoo, eager to see what happens this time. And the past has a lot to do with the future when you still have Jerry and son there. No coincidence they have gone down in flames since they took over.
I’m seeing a lot of fire this year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you are wrong here, Sydia seems to be one of the more balanced posters. It seems to me that some of Dak's most ardent followers get upset if someone doesn't have hearts in their eyes every time they talk about him.
You haven’t been here long enough to form an accurate opinion.