The reason for failure since Jimmy Johnson

Sydla

Reaction score
Didn’t make anything up. You’ve crapped on Dak since day 1.

Well then it should be easy to prove. If I have crapped on him since day 1 and he's been here for 7 seasons, there should be oodles and oodles of evidence of me saying/claiming Dak Prescott sucks, is terrible, one of the worst QBs in the league, etc. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Again, I'll wait.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
nah that yankee loser gave up and quit before he finished the job and cost us Payton because he never spke about abruptly quitting or im betting SP would have been the successor. IL never forgive that ex NYG quitter for early.1 more year and give SP a heads up hes feeling like quitting to stay and take over. nope he bent us over!!
Yankee?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well then it should be easy to prove. If I have crapped on him since day 1 and he's been here for 7 seasons, there should be oodles and oodles of evidence of me saying/claiming Dak Prescott sucks, is terrible, one of the worst QBs in the league, etc. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Again, I'll wait.
I’ll just wait until your next few posts. Search function here is 1800’s.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ll just wait until your next few posts. Search function here is 1800’s.

This is hilarious. You are now gonna stalk my posts hoping I make a post that proves I have thought Dak sucked since he came in the league?

Haha. You're gonna waste a lot of time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is hilarious. You are now gonna stalk my posts hoping I make a post that proves I have thought Dak sucked since he came in the league?

Haha. You're gonna waste a lot of time.
No I’ll let them speak for themselves.

kskboys

Reaction score
lol. You got a point there.

But Garrett's mere existence as HC in Training/Waiting undermined Wade, and I suspect Garrett purposefully did much of that on his own. He always struck me as corporate middle management, doing the best for Garrett, but not the team.

Not allowing Tony back in 2016 served Garrett more than anyone else. Made Garrett the "Don't Rock the Boat" pick to continue on with the new QB, instead of the guy inevitably dumped once Tony retired.

He tended to sign/keep assistants who were failed HCs or geezers, no threat to replace him, and he let go Eberflus, the up and comer brought in by Ryan. A pattern was seen.
JG is nowhere near clever enough to pull that off. Not even close.

Dude is just dumb. Maybe he's book smart, sure, but the dude couldn't outfigure a 9 year old crushing ants w/ a hammer.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Cowboys head coaches since Jimmy.

Barry Switzer 4 years.
Chan Gaily 2 years.
Dave Campo 3 years.
Bill Parcells 4 years.
Wade Phillips 4 years.
Jason Garrett 10 years.

Parcells did an OK job but he had lost his stamina, drive to put in the work needed by a Head Coach. This is why the Cowboys haven’t had much success. It’s not the players. It all falls on Jerry the GM. I believe McCarthy has been his best hire so far. He’s changed the culture around the team. This team has a different feel. They’re not getting weaker going down the stretch, but stronger. The defense has some work to do, but they’ll be getting some players back soon. There’s a never give up attitude with this team. Dak’s put the team on his back when needed. There are fans who refuse to get on board because of the past but the past does not portend the future.
I think another reason is because you don't cheer hard enough

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
^^^THIS^^^

I mean we know Stephen has tight purse strings when it comes to the cap and FA.
But the Coaches are different because of no cap.

That's why I hope they pay DQ enough to keep him from leaving to become a HC.
It would be nice to see what he could do with a few more drafts with some more good players on D like a monster DT.

If they let Quinn go without even trying to keep him I'm going to be pissed. Money should not be an object for Jerry. Double his salary if you must.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The JG experiment was his biggest failure of his career. He was comfortable, and refused to let him go. 10 years wasted with a lot of good players.

Garrett should not even be coaching in the NFL. That's why people think Jerry is a joke including me.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Johnson was a good coach and talent evaluator; he had expectations of his players and held them to the standard; moreover, he had no tolerance for mental errors and undisciplined play. If you were a player and you weren’t cutting it, you would no longer be starting or maybe not on the team. So there was accountability…that has been absent since his departure. No other coaches, other than Parcells, has demanded accountability and disciplined play.

Of course the constant here Jerry Jones. His massive ego and narcissistic ways tend to undermine the authority of the coaching staff as he seeks recognition by his peers for the success of the Dallas Cowboys…most likely the common denominator in the departures of both Johnson and Parcells.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Cowboys head coaches since Jimmy.

Barry Switzer 4 years.
Chan Gaily 2 years.
Dave Campo 3 years.
Bill Parcells 4 years.
Wade Phillips 4 years.
Jason Garrett 10 years.

Parcells did an OK job but he had lost his stamina, drive to put in the work needed by a Head Coach. This is why the Cowboys haven’t had much success. It’s not the players. It all falls on Jerry the GM. I believe McCarthy has been his best hire so far. He’s changed the culture around the team. This team has a different feel. They’re not getting weaker going down the stretch, but stronger. The defense has some work to do, but they’ll be getting some players back soon. There’s a never give up attitude with this team. Dak’s put the team on his back when needed. There are fans who refuse to get on board because of the past but the past does not portend the future.
The real reason is Jerry Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtClink

Reaction score
I believe that is changing. McCarthy has convinced JJ to keep trying to get better. Just look at all the transactions that have happened this year.
Perhaps but my point is Mccarthy was told wh his O-coordinator was going to be, not who would he like to hire. 31 other team's hc get to hire 100% of their own staff.