The reason for failure since Jimmy Johnson

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Unless the hc gets totally authority to hire and fire their own staff and the ability to cut a player (ie Curvin Richards), then all players and coaches all report to Booger. That along with having a gm in title only, continue to be our undoing. We may well have a hm playoff game and the curtains will be open to *** our team again, winning be damned.
I believe that is changing. McCarthy has convinced JJ to keep trying to get better. Just look at all the transactions that have happened this year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Except I don't. This is the part of the exercise where Rockport makes up stuff.

People will vouch for me. I have steadfastly claimed for years the biggest issue that faces the Cowboys is Jerry who has been the GM for 20+ years and delivered 3 playoff wins. He's bad at hiring head coaches and he and his son have no real concept of how to build a "team". They are pretty good at collecting star players and overpaying them, however. They view value through some sort of flash/entertainment prism. In other words, while much of the league has devalued TBs and put more value in interior DL play, Jerry would rather pay a TB than put real assets into the DT position. They think they can build a winner with JAGs in the middle.

Dak is what he is. A good QB, not an elite one. He's not consistent enough to be an elite QB. Basically when you make the postseason you just have to hope that Dak is about to enter one of his hot streaks (or is on a hot streak), which he has from time to time.
You’ve steadfastly crapped on Dak who the hell do you think you’re kidding? Yourself?

Sydla

Reaction score
You’ve steadfastly crapped on Dak who the hell do you think you’re kidding? Yourself?

Crapped on him?

Again, another lie. I have been wildly consistent on Dak. He's a good, not great QB. I've said he's basically Kirk Cousins, another good, not great QB. He makes mistakes in games. Just because I point out that some of you are embarrassingly blind to his flaws doesn't mean I think he sucks.

But that would require thought, reading comprehension and honesty. Things which you seemingly lack.

Xeven

Reaction score
I do not believe Jerry would have any Superbowls without Jimmy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Crapped on him?

Again, another lie. I have been wildly consistent on Dak. He's a good, not great QB. I've said he's basically Kirk Cousins, another good, not great QB. He makes mistakes in games. Just because I point out that some of you are embarrassingly blind to his flaws doesn't mean I think he sucks.

But that would require thought, reading comprehension and honesty. Things which you seemingly lack.
Dude you’ve been crapping on him ever since he joined the league! Now you’re trying to lie your way out of it?

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude you’ve been crapping on him ever since he joined the league! Now you’re trying to lie your way out of it?

Prove it. Prove I have thought Dak has sucked from the moment he entered the league.

I’ll wait.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Prove it. Prove I have thought Dak has sucked from the moment he entered the league.

I’ll wait.
:lmao::lmao: I don’t need to prove squat. You’ve proved it over and over again since day 1. Everyone knows it.

Sydla

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao: I don’t need to prove squat. You’ve proved it over and over again since day 1. Everyone knows it.

You kind of do. You made the bizarre claim I have thought Dak sucked since the moment he entered the league.

When one makes such a bold claim as you have, you need to back it up with facts. You are a notorious ********ter and many here know it, so the onus is on you to prove it.

You can't. Which is why you've taken the tact you have. I've been pretty clear about Dak for years. He's good. Not great. Far too often people make excuses for what are his issues/mistakes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You kind of do. You made the bizarre claim I have thought Dak sucked since the moment he entered the league.

When one makes such a bold claim as you have, you need to back it up with facts. You are a notorious ********ter and many here know it, so the onus is on you to prove it.

You can't. Which is why you've taken the tact you have. I've been pretty clear about Dak for years. He's good. Not great. Far too often people make excuses for what are his issues/mistakes.
Just keep posting.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Loved Wade Phillips. Not sure what happened with him but it seemed like he lost the players.

Phillips was not a disciplinarian so players lacked fear so they played without a care......after Jimmy left that became the status quo in Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
Phillips was not a disciplinarian so players lacked fear so they played without a care......after Jimmy left that became the status quo in Dallas.

Phillips was your prime example of a guy who had reached his pinnacle as a coordinator. Some guys, their level is either a position coach or coordinator, any level above they just aren't able to handle for whatever reason.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You called????
OIP.PEO01q6uOZVy665EkXthpAHaFX

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You realize when you post responses like this it's a giant neon sign telling all the other posters you just made something up, right?

Actually, given your history, you probably don't realize it. You are that naive and silly.
Didn’t make anything up. You’ve crapped on Dak since day 1.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Big Mike's cheeseburger budget alone must be costing Jerry a pretty penny.