The reason Moore was kept

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greggo, I think a lot of the positivity we see from many Cowboys is just hope. When change comes, most fans’ hope increases. All Cowboys fans want to see us win. Sometimes that desire to see change and opportunity for hope makes people overlook certain things too.

But that’s all part of being a “fanatic”. There’s a lot of subjectivity to fandom. We all know there’s a lot of differing opinions about what the MM hire means, but at this stage it’s all speculation and hope. We wont start getting any clarity on what MM will be as a HC for at least a year IMO. We all certainly hope he’s able to do what the last 6 coaches Jerry hired couldn’t.
I totally get it. But blind hope isn’t realistic with the wrath Jerry has had on this franchise.

Like you when the results begin coming in I’ll provide my accolades. I’m in a wait and see mode.

Until then this looks more like something Jerry was forced to do as a result of his toxic atmosphere and public perception not because it’s what was best for Cowboys Football.

It’s going to take more than a better hire to regain the hope I’ve lost for a couple decades. It’s going to take results. Until then I’ll be skeptic and certainly not naive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are you 11?
I’d consider that a personal insult.

Again. Rules allow us to bash and attack anyone related to the Cowboys without taking personal insults or attacks ourself.

My intent is only to bash McCarthy not other fans who are fat.

JBond

Reaction score
100%...

There was rumors from Jay Glazer that the team wanted to keep the entire offensive staff.. They actually still believed in those guys.

So they hired McCarthy...

Well McCarthy did not sound like a guy who was going to give up playcalling before he was hired or during his Press conference while being hired.

Then all of a sudden Kellen Moore was named the playcaller for this upcoming season.

IMO, he was most likely force on MM and they sold him on the idea of being a walk around guy.

I hate it. Absolutely hate it. You don't hire Mike McCarthy and not let him call plays.

I want no part of anything Linehan or Garrett approved of offensively around this team.

Man... I like a ton of your posts but, this is getting annoying.

MM kept KM for a reason. For KM it is an amazing opportunity to learn from a veteran SB winning offensive mind with a new system. Merging what we already do well with some new WC ideas may prove beneficial for everyone. I believe Romo would have benefited from a WC approach and I think Dak will too.

cern

Reaction score
Fat Mikey is simply a pun from Big Mike.

If we’ve learned anything over the years on these forums is anything Cowboy related is fair game for puns, nicknames and bashing of all sorts.

And we are able to do so without taking personal insults, attacks or calling out of our own.

We certainly didn’t get sensitive with attacks over Jerry, Romo , Garrett , Phillips and Parcells for example. Not sure why McCarthy is the protected one.
not so. I was vilified for saying romo had the glitch. all I was trying to do was explain why he always threw a pick in the most critical moments of a game. no good deed goes unpunished.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can put the talk about Prescott going elsewhere to rest, he's staying with the Cowboys. Big Mike would not have hired Moore if they were even thinking of letting him walk.

Moore is Big Mike's conduit to the QB in this offense transition. He will be keeping some of the terminology to make it smoother but he saw the QB improve under Moore and sees the connection between the two.

And hiring Moore was Big Mike's call, he wasn't coerced into anything. Moore was already talking to the Huskies about the OC job as all of the coaching staff had been allowed to interview.

He chose Moore and he also chose Prescott, which also helped Moore choose the Cowboys over college.

Kellen Moore is Big Mike's Zimmer. Parcells saw something in Zimmer, even though he was transitioning the defense. Big Mike was a Moore fan before he was offered the job and might have even hired him if he'd taken a different job.

I think we all need to think when is the last time we saw a first year OC do that? They stumble and fall and while it wasn't perfect, look at the difference from a veteran OC in his first year.

I do believe Big Mike will be in the cockpit as the instructor and Moore will not be flying solo and he probably doesn't want to out of the gate. I also think Moore is going to add some pizazz to Big Mike's version of the WCO. Two good offensive minds can create synergy.

I really like the idea of keeping him but make no mistake about it, this was the bolt locking on the door that Prescott was being kept. And he will be signed, even if he's tagged initially to buy more time. They're not going to give a new HC and his OC a QB on a one year with a new offense. Hiring Big Mike wasn't the clue to that, hiring Kellen Moore was.

Moore was kept because McCarthy wanted him kept.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’d consider that a personal insult.

Again. Rules allow us to bash and attack anyone related to the Cowboys without taking personal insults or attacks ourself.

My intent is only to bash McCarthy not other fans who are fat.
Awww, poor little fella.
It's still a personal insult. And childish, which is why I asked your age.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not so. I was vilified for saying romo had the glitch. all I was trying to do was explain why he always threw a pick in the most critical moments of a game. no good deed goes unpunished.
Of course. My point is for some reason Fat Mikey appears to be off limits for some fans. I think I know why. They see him as our Savior from Jerry.

But yes, we all were crucified for our attacks on Romo. Much like we are now with Dak.

If we go against the popular wave it’s expected. The fact my Fat Mikey has taken such hold actually motivates its continuation.

And I don’t use it in every discussion of McCarthy. Much like I don’t use Slobbering Daksters or the Football Idiot in every discussion . Lol

It actually was spurned on from one of my favorite fans over the years with ole CC. He’s fallen head over heels for Fat Mikey. Lol

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally get it. But blind hope isn’t realistic with the wrath Jerry has had on this franchise.

Like you when the results begin coming in I’ll provide my accolades. I’m in a wait and see mode.

Until then this looks more like something Jerry was forced to do as a result of his toxic atmosphere and public perception not because it’s what was best for Cowboys Football.

It’s going to take more than a better hire to regain the hope I’ve lost for a couple decades. It’s going to take results. Until then I’ll be skeptic and certainly not naive.
Completely understandable.

cern

Reaction score
Fat Mikey is simply a pun from Big Mike.

If we’ve learned anything over the years on these forums is anything Cowboy related is fair game for puns, nicknames and bashing of all sorts.

And we are able to do so without taking personal insults, attacks or calling out of our own.

We certainly didn’t get sensitive with attacks over Jerry, Romo , Garrett , Phillips and Parcells for example. Not sure why McCarthy is the protected one.
sorry, but saying fat mikey is simply a pun from big mike is not in fact a pun. if you think it is, you should look up the definition of the word pun. you call him fat mikey to express your disdain for the individual. nothing more or less. your interpretation of paronomasia is incorrect. hate to be the grammar ****, but I don't want you being wrong for the rest of your life. :):):)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
sorry, but saying fat mikey is simply a pun from big mike is not in fact a pun. if you think it is, you should look up the definition of the word pun. you call him fat mikey to express your disdain for the individual. nothing more or less. your interpretation of paronomasia is incorrect. hate to be the grammar ****, but I don't want you being wrong for the rest of your life. :):):)
I see it as a pun or nickname. Big or Fat to me is a similar reference.

Big Mike taken in the wrong context could be just as insulting as Fat Mike. I thought adding Mikey was fun. One of my fav commercials was Mikey didn’t like it. And one of my fav childhood characters was Fat Albert.

But I understand it might not fit the traditional definition. And I never dreamed it’d take such traction. I appear to have hit a home run. Lol

cern

Reaction score
I see it as a pun or nickname. Big or Fat to me is a similar reference.

Big Mike taken in the wrong context could be just as insulting as Fat Mike. I thought adding Mikey was fun. One of my fav commercials was Mikey didn’t like it. And one of my fav childhood characters was Fat Albert.

But I understand it might not fit the traditional definition. And I never dreamed it’d take such traction. I appear to have hit a home run. Lol
not for those who like correct use of the English language. :):):)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's just embarrassing. Shaming a guy for his size. At your age.
Really... you don’t make fun of people . It’s not like I’m calling him Fat Mikey in his presence. Wow

I must be hitting a nerve with some fat fans. Which this isn’t intended for.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not for those who like correct use of the English language. :):):)
Since when has that mattered to me. Lol

But Fat to me is a meaning from Big so in my mind it does fall under the definition of pun.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question but what Kellen Moore and Dak have enjoyed a great rapport and communication with one another and that McCarthy truly respects Moore's potential as an offensive coordinator. Hopefully, they'll combine to make the 2020 season a workable solution to their offensive and defensive needs. If the Cowboys' defense manages to improve as well, a playoff appearance would be a very encouraging indication for the team's future.

Last edited: