The reason Moore was kept

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Moore was kept b/c he has a great mind for both play design and offensive approach that is correct for today's NFL. There would be no better candidate for that.

Anything else is mostly fodder.

Big Mac will be calling the plays :) so dunno.

cern

Reaction score
Big to me could also mean fat.

Pun definitions :

• 1.make a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word:
That is but half the definition and you know it. You're just being obtuse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is but half the definition and you know it. You're just being obtuse.
That’s the verb definition. You said it wasn’t a definition. Now it has to be the full or noun definition. Picky picky lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg's wife built him that man cave, I don't think he realizes it was to live in.
Like this Fat Mikey slam was going to put me any further in the doghouse than previously. Lol

This is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the fronts I've taken:)

I have confidence ya”ll will warm up to it.

Too bad I don’t have Photo Shop. Man do I miss Don.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Big to me could also mean fat.

Pun definitions :

• 1.make a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word:
Not what's meant by that definition. That definition means, for example: If you saw an ant on the sharp part of a knife you might find humor in saying, "He's living on the edge." The pun being that the "edge" doesn't normally mean the edge of a knife in that context.

What you're doing is using a synonym, but the more vicious end of the spectrum.

My best friend (Rest in peace, brother.) was fine if you called him a big guy, at 425 pounds, but if you called him fat, you might not wake up for a few days.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like this Fat Mikey slam was going to put me any further in the doghouse than previously. Lol

This is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the fronts I've taken:)
You do have a point there. You have the distinction of driving jumbo over the edge into a cussing frenzy in one of the funniest tirades I ever saw on the old site. And he's a man that takes being under self control seriously.

I don't care what you call him but calling him out and suggesting he's lying about being interested in Moore isn't cricket. I could be wrong but I do not think this HC position with this HC came with conditions about coaches. Could have been with others but one of the reasons you hire a 13 year veteran HC is because he knows where a lot of the bones are buried.

I also do not think it's fair to Moore to suggest that either. He didn't need this job, he had at least one other offer. The light has been shining on him for quite some time and he doesn't need Booger to make him a conditional hire. The man had the #2 O in the league last year and the QB improved, who wouldn't be interested in a first year OC that could do that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not what's meant by that definition. That definition means, for example: If you saw an ant on the sharp part of a knife you might find humor in saying, "He's living on the edge." The pun being that the "edge" doesn't normally mean the edge of a knife in that context.

My best friend (Rest in peace, brother.) was fine if you called him a big guy, at 425 pounds, but if you called him fat, you might not wake up for a few days.
I’d agree it’s a “ more vicious end of the spectrum”.

I’m beginning to think this is more about some sensitivity to fat fans we have here than making fun of HC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would call him sir because I am not as agile or as fast as I used to be.

The only time the two words should ever be used together is describing a big fat blunt.

Greg missed the perfect moniker for him, Pot Stirrer. He's been doing that for years and even admitting to doing that with his friends. And it does break up the monotony and Prescott threads. Except for this kind of Prescott thread. This is different because it's...…..mine.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You do have a point there. You have the distinction of driving jumbo over the edge into a cussing frenzy in one of the funniest tirades I ever saw on the old site. And he's a man that takes being under self control seriously.

I don't care what you call him but calling him out and suggesting he's lying about being interested in Moore isn't cricket. I could be wrong but I do not think this HC position with this HC came with conditions about coaches. Could have been with others but one of the reasons you hire a 13 year veteran HC is because he knows where a lot of the bones are buried.

I also do not think it's fair to Moore to suggest that either. He didn't need this job, he had at least one other offer. The light has been shining on him for quite some time and he doesn't need Booger to make him a conditional hire. The man had the #2 O in the league last year and the QB improved, who wouldn't be interested in a first year OC that could do that?
To my knowledge only U of Wash was interested and mainly cause he’s from there.

A one year QB coach and 1 year OC didn’t draw any interest around the league I heard of.

I never said Fat Mikey was lying. I was simply disputing it was exclusively his call to retain Moore. I even provided links which suggested Jerry wanted to keep Moore when were in search of a HC. And I haven’t denied FM liked Moore.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d agree it’s a “ more vicious end of the spectrum”.

I’m beginning to think this is more about some sensitivity to fat fans we have here than making fun of HC.
Well, if there are some here self-conscious about their weight, could be they don't like that word, like Runny's bud. Like I wouldn't like it if you called Big Mike a cross eyed, bucktoothed, lop eared, one testicle troglodyte. Hurtful words, Greg, hurtful.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To my knowledge only U of Wash was interested and mainly cause he’s from there.

A one year QB coach and 1 year OC didn’t draw any interest around the league I heard of.

I never said Fat Mikey was lying. I was simply disputing it was exclusively his call to retain Moore. I even provided links which suggested Jerry wanted to keep Moore when were in search of a HC. And I haven’t denied FM liked Moore.
OK.

We don't know what kind of interest he would have drawn but many assumed he would have taken the UW job to get back to his area of the country and start doing his TV ads for that car dealer again.

He has a great opportunity to learn a different offense and make himself even more marketable. The fact that Big Mike is adapting his terminology to fit what Moore was doing says a lot about his confidence in the young coach. Or do you think Booger ordered him to do that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would call him sir because I am not as agile or as fast as I used to be.

The only time the two words should ever be used together is describing a big fat blunt.

Greg missed the perfect moniker for him, Pot Stirrer. He's been doing that for years and even admitting to doing that with his friends. And it does break up the monotony and Prescott threads. Except for this kind of Prescott thread. This is different because it's...…..mine.
Amazing how I was bashed for being too serious . And I want to have some fun at our new Holier( did I spell that right grammar teachers )than Hell HC. Can I get an Amen for Big Fat Mikey. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, if there are some here self-conscious about their weight, could be they don't like that word, like Runny's bud. Like I wouldn't like it if you called Big Mike a cross eyed, bucktoothed, lop eared, one testicle troglodyte. Hurtful words, Greg, hurtful.
Everything and anything Cowboys related is fair game. If Mike wasn’t Big , Fat wouldn't have worked.

It was one of your threads early on that spurred it. And my “Big Mike Homer Wagon SB or Bust “which is my signature I use big not fat.

y’all really need to get out of your circle jerk with Fat Mikey pun and simmer down. I didn’t even hug Garrett this much giving him a degrading name of my own.