The Red Rifle Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He didn’t start playing till the 3rd quarter
Wrong. First, the game is 60 minutes long. Nit-picking when the team scored points is irrelevant. Especially when you make false claims.
Secondly, he drove down the field for a FG in the 1st quarter and he threw a 40 yard TD pass to Bryant in the second quarter.

Would you like to move the goalposts again?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep.

He's slightly below average to average.

If you look at his entire career he can get similar team results that the starting QB gets on this team.

Hard pass on both guys. Go cheaper.

Draft or look at Stafford.
Stafford? His W/L against winning teams is worse than Dak. Who you blame for the losses against good teams. So lets replace him with someone worse at beating good teams?

Stafford couldnt win with arguably the most talented WR the NFL has ever seen. You are ridiculous.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stafford? His W/L against winning teams is worse than Dak. Who you blame for the losses against good teams. So lets replace him with someone worse at beating good teams?

Stafford couldnt win with arguably the most talented WR the NFL has ever seen. You are ridiculous.

Yeah because we all know winning and WR's correlate don't we? Or did you forget our start to the season.

Stafford is more skilled than Dak and he will probably be cheaper.

It's not the route I would go. I think both Dak and Stafford need to go to win now franchises.

Stafford needs to because Detroit constantly surrounds him with trash.

Dak needs to go because we have too many holes to fill on a team trending down and his contract, along with a few others on this team, locks our roster into mediocrity.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah because we all know winning and WR's correlate don't we? Or did you forget our start to the season.

It's not the route I would go. I think both Dak and Stafford need to go to win now franchises.

Dak needs to go because we have too many holes to fill on a team trending down and his contract, along with a few others on this team, locks our roster into mediocrity.
No it doesnt. You are honestly the most stubborn person I have ever conversed with. And that says a lot considering what I do for a living.

Pay Dak. Draft defense. Unless your contention is that we cant trust drafted players to be good. In which case. Drafting a QB (your favourite) isnt a good plan either.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Letting Prescott go would add a bigger hole than what we already have.
Good plan!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Letting Prescott go would add a bigger hole than what we already have.
Good plan!

I'm fine with that.

When that hole was filled for us this year it didn't make any more of a difference than Dalton does.

You keep handing out great contracts to good players then expect mediocre results. I'd rather be terrible.

The more we have put on Dak's plate the better his stats have gotten and the worse our results have gotten.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm fine with that.

When that hole was filled for us this year it didn't make any more of a difference than Dalton does.

You keep handing out great contracts to good players then expect mediocre results. I'd rather be terrible.
The good news is if you had it your way, you would be terrible.

It's funny you refuse to admit the difference between the 2 QBs. You keep assuming that the 4 games Prescott played equal the later 8 games. Prescott isn't just "good."

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The good news is if you had it your way, you would be terrible.

It's funny you refuse to admit the difference between the 2 QBs. You keep assuming that the 4 games Prescott played equal the later 8 games. Prescott isn't just "good."

Nah...

I've said constantly Dak is better than Dalton.

I think Dalton is a slight below average QB with average at best upside.

I think Dak is a above average QB with a floor that is average.

Both guys gets similar team results. Dalton took the crappy Bengals to 5 consecutive playoff appearances. I have a entire career for Dalton to use as a reference.

Dak in 5 years has 2 playoff appearances and 1 wildcard victory.

The more we ask Dak to do the better his numbers get and the more average our football team gets.

I don't feel like I'm saying anything controversial.

We don't beat good teams with Dak.. Much less going into the playoffs and winning 3 or 4 games in a row.

So now tell me that it's a team issue and not a Dak issue.. Well I just can't agree that we will pay Dak money that demands greatness and somehow he will carry us to a Superbowl. 0 evidence to support that claim.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nah...

Both guys gets similar team results. Dalton took the crappy Bengals to 5 consecutive playoff appearances. I have a entire career for Dalton to use as a reference.

The more we ask Dak to do the better his numbers get and the more average our football team gets.

We don't beat good teams with Dak.. Much less going into the playoffs and winning 3 or 4 games in a row.

So now tell me that it's a team issue and not a Dak issue.. Well I just can't agree that we will pay Dak money that demands greatness and somehow he will carry us to a Superbowl. 0 evidence to support that claim.
What you're saying isn't accurate. Period. You attribute wins and losses to one player. I guarantee you the results are completely different between the 2 QBs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nah...

LOL. The things you say sometimes. The Bengals were never crappy on the defensive side of the ball. And Dalton had PLENTY of weapons. You make it seem like he was playing with the Jags out there. He wasnt.

Thats 1.

2. Dak has an 11 game winning streak to his credit. Does Dalton? no? Again. Proven wrong. You need to stop. You are wrong about Dak. Have been wrong about him. And will continue to be.

3. Dak has a wildcard win. Does Dalton? Should I post Dalton's playoff statistics for you again? I feel like you may have forgotten. Dak won a game. Because he performed and the team performed. Dalton is the REASON his team never won a playoff game. When the lights come on. Dalton fails. Its been proven his whole career. Since you like to bring that up.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What you're saying isn't accurate. Period. You attribute wins and losses to one player. I guarantee you the results are completely different between the 2 QBs.
But when we look at Daltons stats in the playoffs. Thats the "teams" fault. See how that works?

Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

No.. I attribute wins and losses to the team.

I saw 4 years of nothing close to a championship with Dak on an optimal deal.

I think it takes pure fandom to see what paying QB's does to other teams in terms of winning a Championship and thinking a good player like Dak is capable of overcoming the QB contract.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. The things you say sometimes. The Bengals were never crappy on the defensive side of the ball. And Dalton had PLENTY of weapons. You make it seem like he was playing with the Jags out there. He wasnt.

Thats 1.

2. Dak has an 11 game winning streak to his credit. Does Dalton? no? Again. Proven wrong. You need to stop. You are wrong about Dak. Have been wrong about him. And will continue to be.

3. Dak has a wildcard win. Does Dalton? Should I post Dalton's playoff statistics for you again? I feel like you may have forgotten. Dak won a game. Because he performed and the team performed. Dalton is the REASON his team never won a playoff game. When the lights come on. Dalton fails. Its been proven his whole career. Since you like to bring that up.

What am I saying about Dak that is wrong?

Even if I am wrong and Dak is an elite top of the line NFL QB it is still difficult to pay even those guys and win a championship.

We didn't learn the lesson with Romo.. Pay attention this time.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What am I saying about Dak that is wrong?

Even if I am wrong and Dak is an elite top of the line NFL QB it is still difficult to pay even those guys and win a championship.

We didn't learn the lesson with Romo.. Pay attention this time.
Let me ask you something.

How did we end up paying Romo and going 13-3 with Dak and having a bye? If its not possible? Just curious. We 2 insane FG's away from a NFCCG that year? But its not possible in your eyes. So how did it happen then?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let me ask you something.

How did we end up paying Romo and going 13-3 with Dak and having a bye? If its not possible? Just curious. We 2 insane FG's away from a NFCCG that year? But its not possible in your eyes. So how did it happen then?
`

What did we win that year?

It was a fun regular season. Clearly we weren't a Superbowl team. We couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers at all.

Our defense in 2016 was possession of the football. Eventually the holes on our roster were exposed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
`

What did we win that year?

It was a fun regular season. Clearly we weren't a Superbowl team. We couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers at all.

Our defense in 2016 was possession of the football. Eventually the holes on our roster were exposed.
OMG thats not what I asked. Are you a lawyer?

I am asking how we had a first round bye if we were so cap strapped? Tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.