The Red Rifle Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Wrong. First, the game is 60 minutes long. Nit-picking when the team scored points is irrelevant. Especially when you make false claims.
Secondly, he drove down the field for a FG in the 1st quarter and he threw a 40 yard TD pass to Bryant in the second quarter.

Would you like to move the goalposts again?
I’m pretty sure people remember that game as a comeback falling short. Too little too late.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah because we all know winning and WR's correlate don't we? Or did you forget our start to the season.

Stafford is more skilled than Dak and he will probably be cheaper.

It's not the route I would go. I think both Dak and Stafford need to go to win now franchises.

Stafford needs to because Detroit constantly surrounds him with trash.

Dak needs to go because we have too many holes to fill on a team trending down and his contract, along with a few others on this team, locks our roster into mediocrity.
stafford is trash at this point in his career. he has been one of the most hyped up, do nothing accomplish nothing QBs ever in history of NFL.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm fine with that.

When that hole was filled for us this year it didn't make any more of a difference than Dalton does.

You keep handing out great contracts to good players then expect mediocre results. I'd rather be terrible.

The more we have put on Dak's plate the better his stats have gotten and the worse our results have gotten.
when that hole was not a hole, our defense was giving up 36 points and 200+ yards rushing per game...so how many QBs do you know that have won games when the defense gives up 200 yards? I will be waiting....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nah...

I've said constantly Dak is better than Dalton.

I think Dalton is a slight below average QB with average at best upside.

I think Dak is a above average QB with a floor that is average.

Both guys gets similar team results. Dalton took the crappy Bengals to 5 consecutive playoff appearances. I have a entire career for Dalton to use as a reference.

Dak in 5 years has 2 playoff appearances and 1 wildcard victory.

The more we ask Dak to do the better his numbers get and the more average our football team gets.

I don't feel like I'm saying anything controversial.

We don't beat good teams with Dak.. Much less going into the playoffs and winning 3 or 4 games in a row.

So now tell me that it's a team issue and not a Dak issue.. Well I just can't agree that we will pay Dak money that demands greatness and somehow he will carry us to a Superbowl. 0 evidence to support that claim.
correction: Dalton is way way below average....

you are welcome

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
when that hole was not a hole, our defense was giving up 36 points and 200+ yards rushing per game...so how many QBs do you know that have won games when the defense gives up 200 yards? I will be waiting....

What about in 2019 when our defense would shut opposing offenses down to almost nothing?

Playing good defense doesn’t mean Dak goes out and starts beating good teams all of a sudden.

Dak beats good teams when he does less and the Oline and Zeke do more.

Either way.. Not much post season success.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
`

What did we win that year?

It was a fun regular season. Clearly we weren't a Superbowl team. We couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers at all.

Our defense in 2016 was possession of the football. Eventually the holes on our roster were exposed.
so you are saying that the defense was at fault? so am I hearing this correctly? you are saying that all wins/losses aren't on the QB? that other parts of the team contribute to wins/losses....but yyou said exactly the opposite before as you contantly point to Dak's wins and losses..... so which side are you on?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so you are saying that the defense was at fault? so am I hearing this correctly? you are saying that all wins/losses aren't on the QB? that other parts of the team contribute to wins/losses....but yyou said exactly the opposite before as you contantly point to Dak's wins and losses..... so which side are you on?

I’ve constantly not blamed Dak for losses..

Dak goes as the team goes.. I don’t blame him for hardly any failures because he is just a player along for whatever ride the team takes him on.

We shouldn’t be spending money on a QB like him with a team trending down and some awful contracts given to big players.

All of the warning signs have been flashing for 2 seasons now.. We suck or are very mediocre with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What about in 2019 when our defense would shut opposing offenses down to almost nothing?

Playing good defense doesn’t mean Dak goes out and starts beating good teams all of a sudden.

Dak beats good teams when he does less and the Oline and Zeke do more.

Either way.. Not much post season success.
we should have won a lot more games....I put a lot of blame on horrible coaching....we would get in position to win and we made all the wrong calls at the wrong time. lets not forget the Minn. game, we are passing our way down the field, successfully, all game they haven't stopped our passing and stopped our running game and the coach decides to call two straight run plays and a pass to the RB!!!! are you ****** kidding me....how about the Saints game..... defense holds, in a 2 point game. witten decides to fumble. zeke fumbles on a 3rd down within kicking range.....what can you do? blame Dak!!! and it was a horibly horribly coached game. are you blaming Dak for those two games? the game against the jets was one of the worst offensive play calling games in history of dallas.....just awful and the defense played horribly.....but I guess upsets happen. lets not forget the new england game...another Gem for Garrett.....admittedly he was out smarted by bilicheck in a game he should have had in a bag......

yes, coaching makes heck of a lot of difference in games. critical calls at critical times during the game determine the outcome of games....

and the stats for record against teams with winning record has been shared on this site many many many times....as mentioned several times before, you can't compare Dak in a vaccum against your own standards. How is the stats stack up against other QBs you cherish so much.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ve constantly not blamed Dak for losses..

Dak goes as the team goes.. I don’t blame him for hardly any failures because he is just a player along for whatever ride the team takes him on.

We shouldn’t be spending money on a QB like him with a team trending down and some awful contracts given to big players.

All of the warning signs have been flashing for 2 seasons now.. We suck or are very mediocre with Dak.
seemingly based on results unfolding before our very eyes, the offense goes as dak goes...when no dak, this offense with same players produces 1/3 of the result....all you have to do is look at the results yourself if you dare!!!

Vandyr

Reaction score
seemingly based on results unfolding before our very eyes, the offense goes as dak goes...when no dak, this offense with same players produces 1/3 of the result....all you have to do is look at the results yourself if you dare!!!

Results were 1 and 3. I think I'll take "truth" on my next turn.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Results were 1 and 3. I think I'll take "truth" on my next turn.
actually since NFL is not MLB, the results were 2-3. Dak gets the credit for Giants win, specially that he started, team had the lead and was on the 19 yard line driving for another TD when he got injured....I don't say that...NFL rules do...

and that with a literally bottom feeding defense....literally.....32nd in rush defense, 32nd in pass defense. 32nd in scoring. all time HISTORICALLY Bad defense....literally, factually all time historically bad defense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Red Rifle? More like a BB gun that snagged him some prizes along the way.

Get bid of the bum...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah because we all know winning and WR's correlate don't we? Or did you forget our start to the season.

Stafford is more skilled than Dak and he will probably be cheaper.

It's not the route I would go. I think both Dak and Stafford need to go to win now franchises.

Stafford needs to because Detroit constantly surrounds him with trash.

Dak needs to go because we have too many holes to fill on a team trending down and his contract, along with a few others on this team, locks our roster into mediocrity.

Stafford?? Lmao. He is a very poor man's Romo and that is not a compliment. He is downright garbage playing good teams and games that matter. He's been irrelevant for years. But the thing is, when he loses, it's because he doesn't have enough. When Dak loses, it is because he sucks. Goalposts moved all oer the place.

Stafford played with one of the best WRs in the history and never even once won a division title. 0-3 in the playoffs. One blowing a 14pt lead to Dallas.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't think you understand what a mic drop really is. Before his injury he was literally ranked at the top of the league. He's played at a high level his entire career.

While I support Dak and think he'll rightfully be the QB here for a long time, looking at his performance for 2019 and the first few games of 2020 and the W/L's, is his performance WORTH 20% or more of the salary cap? Is one player worth that much of the slice of salary cap pie when the entire team needs an infusion of talent in multiple places?

Sure, $35-36 a year for a 4/5 year deal is acceptable since it's the going rate, but short of Mahomes, no player is worth higher than that. Why Mahomes? Who has a SB win and who doesn't? This is why teams get into trouble...the restructured contracts to kick the can down the road to sign players to salaries too high so the rest of the team's skill drops due to lack of talent acquisition because they can't afford it.

Here's an interesting factoid:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/af283d/percentage_of_salary_cap_taken_up_by_super_bowl/

From 94 to 2017, not a single SB winning QB made more than 13.1% of the cap in that given year. That was back in 94 with Steve Young. The next highest was 2015 Peyton Manning with 11.66% .... And you think 20%+ is going to lead to SB's? bwahahahaaha

blueblood70

Reaction score
vQGdAw1yHrsgSEen6
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

blumayne38

Reaction score
You serious Clark?
If it fell short then it's not a comeback.
Exactly, dak is always too little too late. Always falling short. Never been a player with a killer mentality. He just waits till it too late and starts padding stats making it look like he’s playing well in reality most time defenses just giving us the stuff in between the 20s. And then our issues in the red zone show up...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly, dak is always too little too late. Always falling short. Never been a player with a killer mentality. He just waits till it too late and starts padding stats making it look like he’s playing well in reality most time defenses just giving us the stuff in between the 20s. And then our issues in the red zone show up...
You don't even get that you don't get it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
You don't even get that you don't get it.
It’s not rocket science, take off your dakazoid goggles. And you can see that dak is a under performer. His record vs good teams is undeniable. Yet you sit here and act like you “get it”. It’s football bro. What is hard about knowing football? I can see that dak is tough and he can throw the ball a little. That’s just not enough to warrant a 35-40 mill dollar contract when we can go younger and cheap. Even more talented.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s not rocket science, take off your dakazoid goggles. And you can see that dak is a under performer. His record vs good teams is undeniable. Yet you sit here and act like you “get it”. It’s football bro. What is hard about knowing football? I can see that dak is tough and he can throw the ball a little. That’s just not enough to warrant a 35-40 mill dollar contract when we can go younger and cheap. Even more talented.
Take a knee fella, you said "Prescott didn't start playing until the 3rd quarter." You were proven wrong and now you're just trying too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.