The Romo Speech, All him? Or the Team?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Do you all feel the Speech given by Romo was all his doing? Or do you feel he was somewhat forced or told to do it by the team?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe he was given the option to do so. Who knows. But I'm guessing it was his decision.

rynochop

Reaction score
I felt like it was written for him. I don't doubt he's all about the team though

erod

Reaction score
It was entirely Romo.

JJT said he had a few different versions he wrote, and chose that one. He called Rich Dalrymple, and told him he wanted to do that yesterday, and they obliged.

It was an off day for the players, so he wanted to try and get that out of the way before today's media day in the locker room. I think he wants to lay low from here and keep the spotlight off of him so Dak isn't overshadowed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Do you all feel the Speech given by Romo was all his doing? Or do you feel he was somewhat forced or told to do it by the team?

I doubt the team asked him to do it. That's not normally something a team would do. "Hey, you're not getting your starting job back. Now go out there and tell the media that you back Dak!"

I think Romo wanted to make sure he would not be a media distraction by announcing his support.

If it was a team decision, I have no doubt Jerry would have been out there to talk in circles about how much he loves Romo and how sticking with the hot hand that the team made is the best interest of Romo and in no way means that Romo isn't the best quarterback on this team although Dak is also the best quarterback on this team. Luckily, we didn't have to listen and try to decipher what Jerry would say.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No way, Jatay!
This was pure Romo (with a little help from a ghost writer/press agent)
Such maudlin fare is not the front office's, bloke!
Touching talk though at times self-serving. But still rueful and resigned to his sudden fall, for now.

erod

Reaction score
C'mon people.

Do you really think the team would prepare a statement for Tony that reads "Football is a meritocracy. You have to earn your way every day. Dak deserves to be the quarterback of this team. I have his back, and he has mine."

LOL, c'mon. That would be cruel to force a guy to say that.

superonyx

Reaction score
A day later and it's still just as sad.
Tony wants to lay low but when you are as high profile as Tony the spotlight will be on you non stop.

The guy is all class and has worked so hard to get into this position after coming back from enough injuries that would cause anyone else to walk away from the game.

To answer the OP question..I believe 100% that this was all Romo from the heart. That look on his was probably the saddest thing ive seen in sports.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
All Romo, it was his style of speaking and I can't imagine someone would've pressured him to read what he wrote.

Hard to believe this is even in question, really!

waldoputty

Reaction score
They talking about Tony's speech on PTI. They gave him much love. They said it was the most gracious thing they have seen in sports.

Reminded me of Lou Gehrig's I am the luckiest on earth talk.
Though got to give the nod to Gehrig.
Circumstances were much worse.

waldoputty

Reaction score

I did not realize Romo was such a good writer.
I think it was all Romo feelings, but someone may have helped read it and give advice etc.

Dundalis

Reaction score
This question is ridiculous. Does anyone really think someone on this team would attempt to ask much less force Jerry Jones' love child to get out in front of the media and concede his job to a rookie? Seriously? Jerry would have that person fired on the spot. It absolutely makes Jerry sick to concede that this is Dak's team, it's written on his face every time he's spoken about the situation. You'd have to be blind to think Jerry would have allowed that to happen. Kudos to Romo on closing the issue cause Jerry would never definitively state this is Daks team, no strings attached.