The Romo Speech, All him? Or the Team?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not realize Romo was such a good writer.
I think it was all Romo feelings, but someone may have helped read it and give advice etc.
I should hope so. I don't care who you are, your writing can always benefit from another pair of eyes.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
All him. I've never seen Jerry, Stephen or Rich Dalrymple deliver something so thoughtful and articulate.

YR

DFWJC

Reaction score
I did not realize Romo was such a good writer.
I think it was all Romo feelings, but someone may have helped read it and give advice etc.
I'm sure he ran it by his wife and maybe a close friend or two.
It's not like Romo isn't a really bright guy.

He did learn the hard way back in 2008 that even if you think deeper than the average bubba-dork fan, you best not always say what's on your mind. They very well may not get it.
As in when his dad had cancer and he said if losing a game was the worst thing to happen to him this year, then he'd had a good life. Deep and 1000% true and accurate. Indisputable fact..... but WAY over the head of joe-blow fan. And NOT what they felt like hearing right then.
After that, he tended to keep his thoughts to himself for several years. lol

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My guess is the list of people who doubt Romo came up with that on his own is directly proportional to the list of people who had to look up "meritocracy".

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm sure he ran it by his wife and maybe a close friend or two.
It's not like Romo isn't a really bright guy.

He did learn the hard way back in 2008 that even if you think deeper than the average bubba-dork fan, you best not always say what's on your mind. They very well may not get it.
As in when his dad had cancer and he said if losing a game was the worst thing to happen to him this year, then he'd had a good life. Deep and 1000% true and accurate. Indisputable fact..... but WAY over the head of joe-blow fan. And NOT what they felt like hearing right then.
After that, he tended to keep his thoughts to himself for several years. lol

My question is what was the meaning behind: I have Dak's back, and I think Dak has my back

Does it mean:
Ok, I will be the backup because a QB controversy will be bad for the team.
Next camp, I want to win the job in an open competition based on meritocracy.
Winner is the starter for the entire season, and the loser happily genuinely supports the starter.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My question is what was the meaning behind: I have Dak's back, and I think Dak has my back

Does it mean:
Ok, I will be the backup because a QB controversy will be bad for the team.
Next camp, I want to win the job in an open competition based on meritocracy.
Winner is the starter for the entire season, and the loser happily genuinely supports the starter.
I have no idea if he'll be back.
But yes, he is a mentor and becoming a friend to Dak.
In fact, I bet if you go to Nick and Sams tonight, you'll see them dining together tonight..
He is there for Dak all the way.
But yes, if he does have to go in for Dak (for whatever reason) I think he assumes and expects Dak will be there for him too. And he will be.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I have no idea if he'll be back.
But yes, he is a mentor and becoming a friend to Dak.
In fact, I bet if you go to Nick and Sams tonight, you'll see them dining together tonight..
He is there for Dak all the way.
But yes, if he does have to go in for Dak (for whatever reason) I think he assumes and expects Dak will be there for him too. And he will be.

LOL, Jerry just said on the radio that Romo will be a Cowboy next year

Stryker44

Reaction score
Dude should just flat out say - my performance speaks for itself, I carried this team for years, also Dak said its MY team, so its time to let the boss back into the saddle.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I think he wrote it but had no choice but to say it. Say an article that he asked to win his starting job back and was told no.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I think he wrote it but had no choice but to say it. Say an article that he asked to win his starting job back and was told no.
Its really messed up that they aren't giving him the opportunity after all he's sacrificed for the organization.